Can't use hyperlink to access web sites from received e-mail...why?

So, everything was working fine.

I've got XP with SP2.

Use Outlook.

All of a sudden, things changed:  Now when I get e-mails that have links
(www.something.etc; or "click here") and
I try to click on, all I get is the hand-cursor with a small little yellow
"x".  I simply can't use a link in my received e-mail to access/go-to what
the link would usually send me to....

This is a new problem....

What gives?

How to fix??

Any help to rectify will be much appreciated...

Cheers,
John

0
aap3 (1)

I had the same problem. Now fixed. Put your curser over the link, press the
'shift' key and then click on link. Presto! It works!

"John Arnold" wrote:

> So, everything was working fine.
>
> I've got XP with SP2.
>
> Use Outlook.
>
> All of a sudden, things changed:  Now when I get e-mails that have links
> (www.something.etc; or "click here") and
> I try to click on, all I get is the hand-cursor with a small little yellow
> "x".  I simply can't use a link in my received e-mail to access/go-to what
> the link would usually send me to....
>
> This is a new problem....
>
> What gives?
>
> How to fix??
>
> Any help to rectify will be much appreciated...
>
> Cheers,
> John

0
Dee (106)

Reporting from Project Server

Using Relative path for XML data file?

using the journal on outlook

Access to User Calendar

OE autodelete OLD mail

microsoft.public.access.conversion

outlook 2007 e-mail

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Problem with different versions of Access
Hello, I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server database. I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a database table, so when I enter a value from my form the data in instantaneously updated in the database. The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access allowing me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on), but it does not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in this case, when I enter a value in the form, and click in a...

Outlook: default new mail location
We seem to have a problem with users that log into a workstation that they have never logged into before. Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST local to their c: drive. So, when they open up Outlook to check thier mail. All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly dissapears and is moved to the local pst file. Once, we configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and change the default NEW MAIL location to the Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine. I've heard about PRF files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them. All I want is for the default NEW MAIL locatio...

Missing Mail Folder
I am using outlook 2003 A subfolder within my main mail folder disappeared from view. Although I can not see the folder, I did an advanced search for mail messages in the missing folder (I know the name and typed it into the search crieteria, it was not available on the dropdown) and Outlook found all of the messages. From the search results window I moved them to a new folder but still have not been able to see the old folder. I am not positive I have all of the mail from this folder. Any suggestions about recoveering the folder? I am interested in the root cause so I can preve...

Web Servics install error
Hi, I tried installing Web Services today but towards the end of the install I received an error that my user (to be used for Web Services) could not be added to the IIS_WPG group. I had prior to the installation already added this user to the group - and I think this is why the install failed. To fix this, i then removed the user from this group and redid the install. This time it got past the previous point, but sadly again right at the end of the install gave an unexpected error, and I was forced to cancel the install. This user was a user in Active Directory, as well as a SQL user...

Mobile Access
When I try to reach our mobile access by typing http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... A system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks, Jose What is "oma" supposed to be? "Jose Alfaro" <ja@mkrs.com> wrote in message news:2cfc01c3fcaa$2e5247d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to reach our mobile access by typing > http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... > > A system error has occurred while processing your > request. Please...