can't update office xp

I can't download the latest updates for office xp. I get
a "hotfix" error. I also can't have microsoft check my
computer for installed updates. it just tells me that my
computer is unable to communicate with microsoft.
0
anonymous (74722)

outlook from the cd and then try to update it.
0
anonymous (74722)

WAB and Office 2k3 problem
Greetings All: I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server. The only addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses from the server, my contacts do not appear. Now when I go to the appropriate "Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties dialog, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is grayed out. I have several other contact folders that exhibit the same grayed out checkbox. If I try to add them from the Options dialog in the Address Book specifically, they don't even show up in the as being avail...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

how to open excel xls file in windows xp
i have been sent a file which was created by excel its an excel xls file but as my p.c is windows xp i do not have excel how do i open it any suggestions? First check that you really don't have it - just because your PC i Windows XP definitely does not mean that you don't have Excel. If no you can download a viewer from the microsoft website but you'll only b able to look but not touch! Tracy Wrote: > i have been sent a file which was created by excel its an excel xls fil > but > as my p.c is windows xp i do not have excel how do i open it an > suggestions -- m...

Excel 2000 & XP with Vision Add In
Hi, I have set up various spreadsheets which pull in data directly from a database, SUN Accounts) via an add in called Vision(manufactured by Lasata). This generally worked fine until I upgraded my pc to Windows XP and Office XP. Since then for some reason certain excel files won't open for me in XP. It just keeps crashing and using the recover function which shows the file to be totally trashed and most of the formulae are corrupted. However the gas thing is if I switch to my old pc running Windows NT and Office 2000 I can open the file no problem. Any ideas on this would be appreciate...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Update Download problem
I downloaded the latest update for Outlook 2000. I did NOT have the installation cd handy. Okay, usually no problem, the instal quits. However this time, it did quit, yet now I am unable to open excel. It launches the instal program. The download was for Outlook. It has me boggled. Outlook, Word and Access open with no known problems. I have tried to open excel different times/ways. It continues to try to load the update. Any reasoning on the subject??? Thanks* ...

TargetInvocationException in Update Invoice in Microsoft Dynamics
Hi, we get the follow error mssage when we try update the invoice object. But, in the same class, we update the salesorder object with sucess. Obs. Our code is a custom page. Any ideas what this could be caused by? Tks Clau >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147197184, InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045F00): <details></details> at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMInvoiceClass.Update(CUserAuth& Caller, String InvoiceId, String InvoiceXml) [2006-10-10 12:16:47.4] Process: w3wp |Thread: 8708 |Category: Platform |User: d12c7...

I don"t office,but need Excel or some part of it to open a web pag
help me I don't won't to load all of office "cowboy" wrote: > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi you can buy Excel as separate product. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cowboy" <cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5B015950-A7AC-49D0-9386-7EFFF9B9404D@microsoft.com... > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi, When about to load office, choose custom. You can then choose when to load certain parts. You can install them when you use them the first time. The installer will ask ...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

outlook web access in office xp pro
Is Outlook web access available with office xp pro? If so, how do I obtain it? Thx Outlook Web Access requires an Exchange Server. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "brad" <bjjulum@comcast.net> wrote in message news:028601c398dd$336cf980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook web access available with office xp pro? If > so, how do I obtain it? Thx ...

HELP! When I removed Office XP did I lose by inbox file?
I didn't archive my inbox and personal folders before removing Office XP. Now I have reinstalled Office XP and thought I could find my old data files. but all of the import and repair tools work with PST which I don't have. I remember that previously there were seperate inbox files and can not find them now. Thank you for your input. Ron Be sure to show hidden and system files on your computer and then do a search for *.pst. This should get you started... "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c3ba63$265a8120$a401280a@phx.gbl....

multiple fies updating one file
Hi, How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing. I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps growing. Thank you Hi Vic; You can select and copy the range you want to link, then go to then go to the receiving sheet and click the top right cell. Click Edit / Paste Special and select Paste Link. This will link the entire range. If you happen to be running Office 2007 you can right click into the ...

XP mode in windows 7
This is really a windows 7 question, but I could not find a windows 7 newsgroup...If there is one please tell me where to find it. If windows 7 comes with XP mode, is there any reason to buy a computer with "windows 7 downgrade XP" option (this means the PC comes with windows XP, and an install disk for windows 7). I may have some medical software that runs only in XP, or maybe not. Won't know until I try. Only certain versions of Windows 7 with supported hardware can use XP Mode, the hardware must support virtualization. Also Win 7 doesn't come with XP ...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...

Task Update in PWA 2007
Hi, Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for example to enter some percent complete, then to get the progress of that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional? If so, how? Thanks for your help! Xiao -- No, this is not possible. Even though the PM can create a Rule to automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update after accepting it. And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA. In conjunction with rules, a software developer...

Profits of IE 7.0 to 8.0 update if usage for adminstrative tasks only
OS: XP, Vista and 7 Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing What are the benefits of upgrading the IE from 7.x to 8.x in this case ? This FAQ answers common enterprise customer questions about Windows Internet Explorer 8. "Windows Internet Explorer 8 FAQ for Business" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1da2f8c-f982-4cae-a83a-831188e57df9&displaylang=en --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est kakii wrote: > > OS: XP, Vista and 7 > Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing &...

Move OL 2007 and all files to another computer.One on XP one on Vi
Is there a detailed "How Do I file" covering moving OL 2007 with BCM from one computer (that has a damaged or correpted C: Drive ) to another or new computer. I have have some very helpful advice from an earlier post a few adys ago but if a How do does exist that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance. Andy To backup and restore your Outlook data see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm For backing up and restoring BCM data see; http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP011134881033.aspx -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsof...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Using SqlDataAdapter for Insert but not Update?
I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing records in my SQL table. I'd like it to perform the Insert on rows that don't exist, but not update the record if it already exists. I have it set to ContinueUpdateOnError because I don't want it to throw an exception if a row already exists, I just want to ignore it. I'm clearly missing something... On Dec 11, 4:46=A0pm, Stu <stumor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing > records in my SQL table. =A0I'd like it to pe...

How to validate User ID creation date in Windows XP
Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows XP/2003? m_bk wrote: > Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows > XP/2003? You could query the Security Log but you will only get the information if the log was setup to record events 624 and providing that the log wasn't purged or overwritten: cscript c:\windows\system32\eventquery.vbs /L security /FI "id eq 624" Other than that verifying the creation date on the user's profile folder is the only way that I know of to get the information. ...

how do I change list order in color catagory assignment in office
only 15 color catagories can be displayed in color assignment in office outlook 2007. I wish to change the order of the list. I tried to number them 1-15, but it did not change the list. It did show 10-15 in the top of the list, and 1-9 on the bottom. I wish it to show them in order of 1-15, not necessarily with numbers, but with the color and catagory that I have assigne to them. any help would be appreciated THNX ...

password protect personal folders in Outlook xp
How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp Right-Click on Outlook Today shortcut, choose Properties, go to Advanced and click on Change Password. Obviously the Old password will be blank! HTH >Right-Click...

Office System 2010: List of Controls IDs
Does anyone know when or where Microsoft will publish a list of control IDs for the Office System 2010? Does anyone know the idMso for the "Print" command located on the new "File" menu? -- Greg Maxey See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org for an eclectic collection of Word Tips. Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CAE7B4.9D78F540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...