Can't Synchronize my Hotmail folders

I'm using Outlook 2003 to synchronize my free Hotmail account folders.
Everything was working ok.  But today, for unknown resone, I'm
receiving an error message says:

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error
(0x800CCC32) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that your user
name and password are correct. The server responded 'Authorization
Required'.'

The message is received for all other folders too.

0
mmss.em (3)

"MMSs" <mmss.em@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2003 to synchronize my free Hotmail account folders.
> Everything was working ok.  But today, for unknown resone, I'm
> receiving an error message says:
>
> Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error
> (0x800CCC32) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that your user
> name and password are correct. The server responded 'Authorization
> Required'.'
>
> The message is received for all other folders too.

Is this for a free account?  Both Hotmail and Yahoo mail may stick in an
intervening prompt page for security that has you enter a string shown in a
graphic image.  After logging in and before getting to the web page for the
mail account, a security page appears which you must answer.  Because the
graphic cannot be read by a program, you have to manually enter the string.
Once you do, that security page should not appear for a long time (although,
in one case when they first started using it, I got nailed 3 times in one
day, but I haven't seen it again for months).

Use their webmail interface to login.  If you get the security prompt page,
enter the string and continue.  Then your e-mail client will work again.
However, you might find that the login fails using the webmail page.  If you
are indeed using the correct username and password and in the proper case
(which probably only is needed for the password) but still cannot login then
perhaps your account got hijacked and it isn't yours anymore.  If it was a
paid account you might have recourse to contact Microsoft to resolve the
problem.  If it was a freebie account, there is no support and you just lost
your account to someone else.

You might also consider disabling anything that interrogates or intercepts
your mails before they reach your e-mail client or those sent to your mail
server, like anti-virus software (disable its e-mail scanning), anti-spam
programs, or anti-malware.

Post replies to the newsgroup.  Share with others.

it's sometimes buggy. Try logging into the website and see if it works ok.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"MMSs" <mmss.em@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2003 to synchronize my free Hotmail account folders.
> Everything was working ok.  But today, for unknown resone, I'm
> receiving an error message says:
>
> Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error
> (0x800CCC32) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that your user
> name and password are correct. The server responded 'Authorization
> Required'.'
>
> The message is received for all other folders too.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/7/2006 3:22:16 PM
Many thanks for the response.

Actually, my account is free, as I said before.  And I can access it
throw web browser, and I just tried to synchronise my account using
Outlook Express and it worked.

So all of that point to one program holds the problem completely, it's
Microsoft Outlook 2003.

The puzzling is that it was working before, and I sent and downloaded
messages till yesterday.  But when I tried that today it wasn't
possible.

There's one thing changed in my system, between the last good
synchronization and the first one failed, that the windows firewall
turned off due to windows updating.

Do you think this has any effect on MS Outlook.

0
mmss.em (3)
3/7/2006 5:22:28 PM
hotmail HTTP service is buggy at times - as long as it works in OE, either
restart outlook and try again (there is a 24 bug that I thought was fixed -
if restarting works, make sure you have all of the latest updates for both
outlook and windows) or try recreating the account in outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Many thanks for the response.
>
> Actually, my account is free, as I said before.  And I can access it
> throw web browser, and I just tried to synchronise my account using
> Outlook Express and it worked.
>
> So all of that point to one program holds the problem completely, it's
> Microsoft Outlook 2003.
>
> The puzzling is that it was working before, and I sent and downloaded
> messages till yesterday.  But when I tried that today it wasn't
> possible.
>
> There's one thing changed in my system, between the last good
> synchronization and the first one failed, that the windows firewall
> turned off due to windows updating.
>
> Do you think this has any effect on MS Outlook.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/7/2006 5:38:53 PM
Sorry for being late to answer, I was trying to get the latest updates
for Office, I failed.

Anyway, I tried tto reinstall Office and to repair it by its
installation program, too.  But I'm getting this error message:
"Installation ended prematurely because of an error."

So,  what's all of that for???

0
mmss.em (3)

Sent Items to PST folder?
I am using Outlook 2007 and am trying to find a way to make my Sent Items automatically go to a PST folder. I was hoping to create a rule that would just move the Sent Items when I log out the way my Deleted Items are dumped upon exit. I need to some how archive my sent items so I can avoid the "over the space limit" messages I am getting regularly. I am open to suggestions if there is a better way. Thanks! So currently you are using an Exchange account? You can use AutoArchiving to move items older than x days every x days to an archive file which is a pst-file. T...

Folders Container
Question about delegating permissions at the Folders Object? System Manager/ Org Administravitive Group First Admin Group Folders My group of Admins have Full Adminitrative Permissions at the First Admin Group. They do not see anything under the Folders. The Domain Admins do! How do I get these Admins to the objects under the Folders??? Thanks MaTT ...

Shared folders on windows server 2003
hello, i´m new on server technologies, I only deal with desktop most of the time, so if you need more info about the issue, please ask. I have a windows server 2003 r2 64 bits equipment set only as file server (using simple shared folders with username/password protection) on a workgroup (no domain). Yesterday it suddently disable users to access the server. they can ping the server name, ping the ip, but cannot browse shared folders, they got time out, and doesn´t get the username/password promt. locally, I can browse without problems \\localhost\ and all sh...

denying access to default users/all users folders
Hi, we use delprof to delete inactive profiles. However users started storing files in all users/default users. Can we use GPO to prevent access? These are standard users. Thanks "wuzzle" <wuzzle1@gmail.com> screv in news:0a7e32d7-1ace-400e-9c94-90ab94b3d076@y10g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, we use delprof to delete inactive profiles. However users > started > storing files in all users/default users. Can we use GPO to prevent > access? These are standard users. Thanks See the replies you received in the Server newsgroup, then have a look...

availability servive or public folders
Hello all I am running Exchange 2007 sp2. I have autodiscover services setup correctly, and I also have a public folder store still hanging around. All outlook clients are running 2007 sp2. How do know or how can I tell if an outlook client is using autodiscover to locate the availability service, or if outlook is still using the public folder store to find free\busy data? Thank you very much You could dismount the public store and listen for screams. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "sawyer&...

Help with public folders
Im running windows 2003 with exchange 2003 and when i try to view the properties of a public folder i created i get "The operation failed because of an HTTP error 501 (not implemented). ID no c1030af6. If i try to view system folders under the folder root i get a similar error: The operation failed because of an http error 501 (not implemented) verify that the exadmin virtual root exitsts on the destination server. Id no c1030af7. I am recieveing an error from the client application, outlook 2003, specified object cannot be found while syncing up the public folders Any help wou...

Giving a user permissions to all public folders
Is there an easy way to give a user Edit "All Items" permissions to all public folders without having to go into each one manually? I'm on Exchange 2003 and have about 700 public folders. Thanks, Sander I'm sure pfdavadmin can do this for you...give permissions at the top of the tree and then "Propagate folder ACEs"...if it doesn't work at "All Public Folders", you might have to do it at each "top level" folder... "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:On9KLA2eFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is ther...

users can't send to public folder for Exchange 2000
As an administrator I am able to send emails to the public folder I have setup. User's get the message bounced back for the email. I have looked all over the place and can't find the permissions setting that is needed so that everyone can send to this email. I am sure it is an easy fix, so if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it! Thanks McGraw wrote: > As an administrator I am able to send emails to the public folder I > have setup. User's get the message bounced back for the email. > > I have looked all over the place and can'...

Variuous ways of deleting Job history and deleting the job history log files from the folder
All, when we create a job via the maintenance plan, we have the option of including "Clean up History" and "Maintenance Cleanup Task". Via the "Clean up History" task, we normally specify how far back we want to maintain the history (ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v10/MS.SQLSVR.v10.en/s10de_5techref/html/cd6f7033-b762-453a-ae42-f36d8073c0b2.htm) declare @dt datetime select @dt = cast(N'2010-08-08T10:22:37' as datetime) exec msdb.dbo.sp_delete_backuphistory @dt GO EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_purge_jobhistory @oldest_date='2010-08-08T10:22:37' GO EXECU...

error calendar folder can't be found
i have an issue that when i invite her/him for meeting request and she/he tried to accept the meeting she/him will get "calendar folder can't not be found", client version is outlook 2000 and outlook 2003.. i think it is freebusy issue but what do i need to do to solve it ? all users all in same sites and in some cases, is on same server. ...

How to create a folder & error handler
Excel 2003 & 2007 Hi. Can someone please help me with a code snippit that creates "Test" folder in the users C:\ root directory; creates "test.txt" file and "test.ppt" file within that new folder; and also creates "SubTest" folder in that new folder, but then if they don't have permissions to create such items it displays an alert "Code P21 - See admin" and then exits the routine? Thanks, Melina To create the folder: Sub dk() ChDir "C:\" MkDir "test" End Sub Then save your files as "...

Mail to public folders
Hi In Outlook, when you receive mail to an ordinary inbox, you get a number next to the inbox folder indicating the number of unread mails currently in it. Are there any way of achieving this on a public folders? We have a large number of mail enabled pulic folders, and it would ease the workload for our users it there are any way of achieving this. /Andy Add the folders to your favorites in Outlook. On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:25:25 +0100, "Andy" <newsposting@multizite.org> wrote: >Hi > >In Outlook, when you receive mail to an ordinary inbox, you get a number...

Recovering a corrupted Offline Storage Folder
I am attempting to recover a corrupted offline storage (*.ost) file. Is there anyway to convert this file into a .PST format? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Yep; http://officerecovery.com/exchange/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jody Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f83d01c45878$5a92dab0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I am attempting to recover a corrupted offline storage > (*.ost) file. Is there...

search folders from-to conversation
Howdy; I want to set up a single Search Folder which will find all e-mail message between myself and a particular institution. The easy way to do it seems to be to specify fill-in "Criteria >From" and "Criteria >Sent To" with the same value (in this case, a domain name) and get the boolean OR of those two things. How the heck can I do this, or some equivalent? Regardz, Ken - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ken Leonard ken_leonard@NOSPAM.earthlink.net [Edit it to make it work.] It's really pretty easy: 1. Right-click Sear...

Search accross Contact folders
HI there, we are using Outlook 2007 and have multiple Contact folders within public folders and users have their own contacts within their mailboxes Is there a way for a user to search accross a selected set of contact folders.. ? rather than having to do a search on each contact folder? thanks ...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders
Hi all, When I login to a notebook as a local administrator, and I use another user mailbox by outlook is ok. But, when I want to use this mailbox in offline mode. I receive the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." I use xp + office 2003 in notebook and windows 2000 + exchange 2000 in server. thx a lot Is your mailbox configured for Cached Exchange Mode? If so, the cache file might be damaged. Delete the ost-file and have Outlook resync with Exchange. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlo...

Net Folders #7
I have the complete installation (all options set to run completely from my computer) of Office 2000. I received an email to accept a subscription to a net folder, but there was no accept button. I have Net Folders installed. I received the email in Outlook express. I forwarded it to Outlook and nothing was different. How do I accept? ...

Importing Public folders
Hey all! Just askin....any way to export/import public filders? Thanks! James In Outlook, you can export them to PST and import them from PST. James Lay wrote: > Hey all! > > Just askin....any way to export/import public filders? Thanks! > > James ...

What's the problem creating public folders ?
On ESM, Win2003+Exch2003SP1, I go to "Folders". I expand "Public Folders" and I see all existing public folders there - OK. Then I want to create a new public folder. I attempt to right click, and do "New". However, the "New" button is not available. How can I create a Public Folder under such "All Public Folder" tree then ? "Marlon" <marlon-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: >On ESM, Win2003+Exch2003SP1, > >I go to "Folders". >I expand "Public Folders" and I see all existing public folders there - O...

Junk Folder Outlook 2007
My Stupid, I accidently deleted the Junk E-Mail Folder in Outlook 2007. Does anyone know how to get it back short of a fresh install? I created a new folder, and moved the old folder from the Deleted Items folder, but the links that tell outlook that it is the Junk folder have been lost. How do I re-set them. Thanks David Stahlewitz <woodduck@woodducksys.com> wrote: > My Stupid, I accidently deleted the Junk E-Mail Folder in Outlook > 2007. > > Does anyone know how to get it back short of a fresh install? I > created a new folder, and moved the old folder from t...

How to remove any public folder replication?
Hi all: [REAL-WORLD SCENARIO] There are a number of Exchange 5.5 servers on NT 4.0 platform in our organization. I'm at dept-A. Department-B is retiring one of their Exchange servers. [all Exch servers replicate data both ways]. I received an instruction to remove any public folder replication (from my Exch srvr) pointing to the retiring Exch srvr. On my Exch server, where do I look to find those replicating public folders? Appreciate any advice. --BOB "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all: > >[REAL-WORLD SCENARIO] >There ar...

Delegates folder permissions
We deliver email to desktop hard drives and do not store them on the EXCHANGE server. Is there a way for the delegates to see the subfolders under the Inbox? ...

Turn off "Show in groups" view in all Inbox folders & subfolders?
I have been searching groups for a way to turn off the show in groups default for all inbox folders and subfolders, and haven't found any solutions other than to turn off each folder separately. Many solutions are offered but they all end up just correcting one file, not all of them. Has anyone come up with a global solution? Thanks! ...

Public Folder Junk Mail Issues: OL 2k3, EX 2k3 & IMF
Hi We are using: Outlook 2k3 Exchange 2k3 SP1 with IMF installed I am finding that Junk Mail that has been sent to a public folder, but identified by either IMF or Outlook Filter are ending up in 'random' users junk mail folders. i.e. one user will have 3 junk messages, another user will have another 3. Our receptionist is responsible for the folder so ideally all junk mail would go into her junk folder or remain in the Public Folder. All of our staff have read/write/delete access to the public folders & send on behalf, all staff also have the Public Folder in their Outlook Ma...

How can I Copy WLM folders from external to "C" drive
Hard Drive Crashed and is now drive "I" as external. Reinstalled WLM on C Drive and it connected to my two email accounts, but did not bring all folders in. I still have a backup of my Outlook Express files from a month ago (prior to moving to WLM) that I wouldn't mind bringing in to replace the one email account. I also have a backup of my other email account. What would be the best way to handle this? You can go to File (ALT+F), Import Messages from WLM and point to the I drive folder that contains the old message store. Search for *.EML files to locate. Y...