can't send or receieve emails using wireless connection

I've just set up my toshiba tecra with a netgear wireless router, and
whilst I can get onto the internet, I can't send or receive email. Are
there settings which I need to alter IN oUTLOOK 2003 to achieve this?
Any help appreciated.
cheers
DW

0
david7822 (7)

Do you receive any errors?

"dwdw1" <david@dwdw1.com> wrote in message
> I've just set up my toshiba tecra with a netgear wireless router, and
> whilst I can get onto the internet, I can't send or receive email. Are
> there settings which I need to alter IN oUTLOOK 2003 to achieve this?

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/22/2006 10:47:15 AM
Yes indeed, 'unable to find the email server - please verify' and
'the server name you entered can not be found on the network'

0
david7822 (7)
1/22/2006 12:03:18 PM
Sounds like you've connectivity issues when you're connected wirelessly. Can
you PING your mail server(s) when connected wirelessly?

> Yes indeed, 'unable to find the email server - please verify' and
> 'the server name you entered can not be found on the network'

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/23/2006 11:27:42 AM
How do I do that?
cheers
DW

0
david7822 (7)
1/23/2006 8:10:30 PM
dwdw1 <david@dwdw1.com> wrote:

> How do I do that?

Open a command line window and type

ping yourmailserver

where "yourmailserver" is the name of your mail server.
--
Brian Tillman
0

0
david7822 (7)
1/24/2006 6:34:42 PM
dwdw1 wrote:
> tried that - no response. last night i tried all kinds of things but
> nothing. when i tried again this morning it worked first time ok - now
> later it's not working again. I can't understand why it should work
> one time and then not the next?

Even though you are using Googlegroups, please could you quote at least some
of the post you are replying to, so we can all follow the thread.

Thank you.

0
gordon1271 (133)
1/24/2006 6:37:05 PM
dwdw1 <david@dwdw1.com> wrote:

> tried that - no response. last night i tried all kinds of things but
> nothing. when i tried again this morning it worked first time ok - now
> later it's not working again. I can't understand why it should work
> one time and then not the next?

Check your router's MTU setting.  You may have to lower it.
--
Brian Tillman
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> dwdw1 <david@dwdw1.com> wrote:
>
> > tried that - no response. last night i tried all kinds of things but
> > nothing. when i tried again this morning it worked first time ok - now
> > later it's not working again. I can't understand why it should work
> > one time and then not the next?
>
> Check your router's MTU setting.  You may have to lower it.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
MEJdance (2)
4/14/2006 12:17:02 PM
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-15,GGLG:en&q=mtu+setting

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, MEJdance asked:

| I have same problem as dsds1, have pinged and inserted relevant
| numbers but still doesn't work.   You say check MTU setting, what is
| that please and what do I need to do with it ?    Thanks
|
| "Brian Tillman" wrote:
|
|| dwdw1 <david@dwdw1.com> wrote:
||| tried that - no response. last night i tried all kinds of things but
||| nothing. when i tried again this morning it worked first time ok -
||| now later it's not working again. I can't understand why it should
||| work one time and then not the next?
|| Check your router's MTU setting.  You may have to lower it.
|| --
|| Brian Tillman

0
MillyS (3228)
4/14/2006 8:09:05 PM
Thanks Milly

Having followed the recommendation to Ping I am not getting any
fragmentation.   I am reluctant to change any settings as I have found
warnings re use of Registry Editor in Windows 2000.

Do you have any other suggestions on how I can get Outlook to send/receive
messages.   When I try I get the BTBroadband connection message, "Dialing",
long pause then nothing, "Redialing", etc.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-15,GGLG:en&q=mtu+setting
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, MEJdance asked:
>
> | I have same problem as dsds1, have pinged and inserted relevant
> | numbers but still doesn't work.   You say check MTU setting, what is
> | that please and what do I need to do with it ?    Thanks

> || Check your router's MTU setting.  You may have to lower it.
> || --
> || Brian Tillman

0
MEJdance (2)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

Outlook Express and LAN connection
I have Outlook Express 6.00.280 installed on Win NT 4.0 SP6 which is LAN connected to another PC that has Internet connection (Proxy server). Email account on my PC is POP3 for incoming mails and SMTP for outcoming. Now the problem is that I cannot receive emails but can only send them through this Proxy. Internet Explorer and all other applications that require Internet connection through proxy are working OK. The only problem I have is to receive emails. I setup the same account on another PC which has direct connection to the Internet through dialup and no problems for both sending and rece...

multiple email identities

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Using scanner in Word97

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Using later version of microsoft access

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...