Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key

--------------030800050502050601040701

After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way
until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on
Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook
Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there
a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages?
Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how?

Thanks.

--------------030800050502050601040701

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose
Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it
matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters
(I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I
need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone
addin? If so, how?<br>
Thanks.</font>

--------------030800050502050601040701--
0
editprod (5)

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C78A26.121F9B00

Bring up your send/receive settings (ctrl + alt + s) and check the boxes =
at the bottom about send/receive every "X" minutes. (fwiw, i wouldn't go =
less than five)

Might also want to check Tools > Options > Mail Setup.  Box next to =
send/receive settings about sending messages immediately when connected.

  "editprod" <editprod@yahoo.com> wrote in message =
  After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way =
until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on =
Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook =
Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there =
a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? =
Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how?

  Thanks.
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C78A26.121F9B00

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Typewriter">Bring up your send/receive =
settings=20
(ctrl + alt + s) and check the boxes at the bottom about send/receive =
every "X"=20
minutes. (fwiw, i wouldn't go less than five)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Typewriter"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Typewriter">Might also want to check =
Tools &gt;=20
Options &gt; Mail Setup.&nbsp; Box next to send/receive settings about =
sending=20
messages immediately when connected.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"editprod" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:editprod@yahoo.com">editprod@yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:bxTYh.3255$uJ6.655@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net">news:bxTYh.32=
55$uJ6.655@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net</A>...</DIV><FONT=20
  face=3D"Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">After I compose a message and =
click Send,=20
  the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose =
Tools|Send/Receive. I'm=20
  using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a =
toolbar for=20
  ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall =

  freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically =
send=20
  messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, =
how?<BR><BR>Thanks.</FONT>=20
</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C78A26.121F9B00--

0
Neo (372)
--------------040601000302060608070308

Thanks, that works. I was accustomed to a near-instant send/receive
interval from my workplace (to co-workers on the same MS Exchange mail
server) and Eudora, the mail client at home from which I'm migrating.
Perhaps Eudora's send settings are shorter intervals.

I assume, then, the  Zone firewall's Spam add-on is worth keeping if it
is not slowing recognizably legit mail.

neo [mvp outlook] wrote:

> Bring up your send/receive settings (ctrl + alt + s) and check the
> boxes at the bottom about send/receive every "X" minutes. (fwiw, i
> wouldn't go less than five)
>
> Might also want to check Tools > Options > Mail Setup.  Box next to
> send/receive settings about sending messages immediately when connected.
>

>     "editprod" <editprod@yahoo.com <mailto:editprod@yahoo.com>> wrote
>     in message news:bxTYh.3255$uJ6.655@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net...
>     After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its
>     way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using
>     Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar
>     for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite
>     firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to
>     automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If
>     so, how?
>
>     Thanks.

--------------040601000302060608070308

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
accustomed to a near-instant send/receive interval from my workplace
(to co-workers on the same MS Exchange mail server) and Eudora, the
mail client at home from which I'm migrating. Perhaps Eudora's send
settings are shorter intervals.<br>
I assume, then, the&nbsp; Zone firewall's Spam add-on is worth keeping if it
is not slowing recognizably legit mail.<br>
neo [mvp outlook] wrote:<br>
  <title></title>
settings (ctrl + alt + s) and check the boxes at the bottom about
send/receive every "X" minutes. (fwiw, i wouldn't go less than five)</font></div>
Tools &gt; Options &gt; Mail Setup.&nbsp; Box next to send/receive settings
about sending messages immediately when connected.</font></div>
 style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px;">
wrote in message <a
 href="news:bxTYh.3255$uJ6.655@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net">news:bxTYh.3255$uJ6.655@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net</a>...</div>
and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose
Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it
matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters
(I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I
need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone
addin? If so, how?<br>
Thanks.</font> </blockquote>

--------------040601000302060608070308--
0
editprod (5)

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C78AEA.C55BB310

My motto is if the wheel ain't broke, don't fix it.  So if you are happy =
with the results ZA gives you, keep using it.

  neo [mvp outlook] wrote:

[...]

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16414" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Typewriter">My motto is if the wheel =
ain't broke,=20
don't fix it.&nbsp; So if you are happy with the results ZA gives you, =
keep=20
using it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Typewriter"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Typewriter"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"editprod" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:editprod@yahoo.com">editprod@yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:vk5Zh.1889$tp5.1197@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net">news:vk5Zh.1=
889$tp5.1197@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net</A>...</DIV><FONT=20
  face=3D"Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">Thanks, that works. I was =
accustomed to a=20
  near-instant send/receive interval from my workplace (to co-workers on =
the=20
  same MS Exchange mail server) and Eudora, the mail client at home from =
which=20
  I'm migrating. Perhaps Eudora's send settings are shorter =
intervals.<BR><BR>I=20
  assume, then, the&nbsp; Zone firewall's Spam add-on is worth keeping =
if it is=20
  not slowing recognizably legit mail.<BR></FONT><BR>neo [mvp outlook]=20
wrote:<BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmidu$eO$CmiHHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl =
type=3D"cite">
    <STYLE></STYLE>

    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Typewriter">Bring up your =
send/receive settings=20
    (ctrl + alt + s) and check the boxes at the bottom about =
send/receive every=20
    "X" minutes. (fwiw, i wouldn't go less than five)</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Typewriter">Might also want to check =
Tools &gt;=20
    Options &gt; Mail Setup.&nbsp; Box next to send/receive settings =
about=20
    sending messages immediately when connected.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE=20
BORDER-LEFT: rgb(0,0,0) 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <DIV>"editprod" &lt;<A=20
      href=3D"mailto:editprod@yahoo.com">editprod@yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
      message <A=20
      =
href=3D"news:bxTYh.3255$uJ6.655@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net">news:bxTYh.32=
55$uJ6.655@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net</A>...</DIV><FONT=20
      face=3D"Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">After I compose a message =
and click=20
      Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose=20
      Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case =
it=20
      matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk =
filters (I=20
      use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook =
I need=20
      to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone =
addin? If=20
      so, how?<BR><BR>Thanks.</FONT>=20
</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>