Can't send mail -- "object cannot be found"?

I set up outlook to read mail through an IMAP account and
I have no problems downloading mail from the server, but
whenever I try to send mail, the following error box pops
up: "The operation failed.  An object could not be
found."  I searched the knowledge base and tried the
solution in article 312354, but the error persists.  Is
there any way to fix this?  I have no problem
sending/receiving mail through Outlook Express, but would
like to switch over to Outlook.
0
anonymous (74722)

When I try to send it says "an object cannot be found" ????
When I try to send the email it says "The operation failed. An object cannot be found". How do I solve this ? Thank you Version of Outlook? Type of email account? Did you try Detect and Repair? Is your Address book configured properly? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...

c1010aae the object cannot be found in the directory. This...
I've a a problem with the Mailbox Resource Container, there are some mailboxes more than recipents container, when I try to open one of mentioned mailboxes I have an error (see the subject). What is necessary to do to delete than? My server: Exchange server 5.5 sp4 one site 500 users Thanks, Eros See if this information helps: SYMPTOMS ======== After you delete a mailbox, the mailbox may still appear in Mailbox Resources, taking up space in the database. When you double-click the "orphaned" Mailbox Resources, mailbox properties do not display. Instead, you may see the fo...

How to fix "An object cannot be found" problem?
I cannot use M/S Outlook email because it states, "An object cannot be found"? How to fix? On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:29:03 -0800, Jim - Houston wrote: > I cannot use M/S Outlook email because it states, "An object cannot be > found"? How to fix? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Operation Failed. Object Cannot Be Found.
Running Outlook 2007 with all the current updates. When I try to do a manual send/receive, the message at the bottom of the screen says "Send/Receive Failed. Task 'jan@greenwaldlaw.org(1)' reported error [0x8004010). The operation failed. The object cannot be found." My email goes through GoDaddy's hosted exchange server. GoDaddy says it's an Outlook issue and they don't support Outlook. I am trying to figure out what it all means, but all I get is a run-around....links to knowledge base articles about Outlook 2000...and other suggestions that are ...

help with pst
Outlook 2000, Windows 2000 pro. Somehow I've got an extra "Personal Folders". When I try to close it I get the error message: "The operation failed, an object could not be found". When I go to the control panel>mail the "Personal Folders" does not show up on the "Services" tab. Was working fine. Can't remember doing anything strange recently - folder just "showed up". Any ideas on where to look? I can add other "Personal Folders" and close or remove them but not this one. Andy ...

Outlook message
When trying to send messages I get the reply " Operation failed. An onbjet cannot be found". I am receiving messages without a problem See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312354 -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "eandv" <eandv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45A22901-A568-4645-A180-4B7E972E7A90@microsoft.com... > When trying to sen...

"the operation failed. an object cannot be found"
This is the message I receive when I try to send a message. I have Outlook 2007 on a machine running Windows 7. Any suggestions? ...

The operation failed. An object cannot be found. Yet again.
Last Thursday, my outlook 2007 (Vista machine) began to present this error while trying to send an e-mail. I am able to receive e-mails. Troubleshooting to date: 1. New profile. 2. Uninstall/reinstall. 3. Point to different .pst file. 4. Every recommendation on MS help/Google query response files. No joy. Went to my admin user profile, set up an e-mail account and pointed to the original .pst file. Works like a charm. However, trying to attach files from my project files to send to clients forces me to save those files to an external back-up drive, switch users, ...

object cannot be found
I am not able to send or receive email thru outlook 2002. My ISP is bellsouth. I can use email thru webmail but not thru outlook. When I try to send the email, the message is: "Operation failed. An object cannot be found." This is a brand new Dell machine. I contacted their support # and they are no help. Help! Please! rhonrhon ...

Object Cannot be found #2
This is for Outlook 2003 When I try send/recieve in outlook, I get this message; The operation failed. An object could not be found. Can someone help me please. Thanks ...

error message Operation failed...An object cannot be found
Hi, I am setting up a new laptop with office 2003. I have set up outlook with my existing Earthlink email account. When I click send and receive I get the error " Operation failed an object cannot be found. I am running Nortan antivirus. Any ideas? Thanks, Kat On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 21:11:02 -0800, Kat wrote: > Hi, I am setting up a new laptop with office 2003. I have set up outlook with > my existing Earthlink email account. When I click send and receive I get the > error " Operation failed an object cannot be found. I am running Nortan > antivirus. Any ideas? Tha...

Can't send mail -- "object cannot be found"?
I set up outlook to read mail through an IMAP account and I have no problems downloading mail from the server, but whenever I try to send mail, the following error box pops up: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I searched the knowledge base and tried the solution in article 312354, but the error persists. Is there any way to fix this? I have no problem sending/receiving mail through Outlook Express, but would like to switch over to Outlook. ...

Operation Failed
I have Outlook 2003 and when I attempt to export data (file-import and export, export, export to a pst) to a pst file I get the messge: "The Operation failed" " An Object Cannot be found" Also, if I attempt to open a back-up pst file Outlook crashes. Any ideas? Jack Do you have outlook as part of an office suite? Did you try help, detect and repair? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net...

Object cannot be found in the directory.
I am having a problem updating permissions on a system folder in Exchange 5.5. I go to the Events Config System folder and select Properties and I receive the error: "The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae." I tried going into raw mode to look at the properties or the raw properties and I receive the same error. I tried reapplying SP4. It did not work. I can access all other system folder properties. I tried logging in as the account we used for the install and running...

Outlook2003: "the object cannot be found"
Hi I'm having trouble with a particular Outlook 2003 installation. On many actions in Outlook the message "the object cannot be found" is displayed and the action fails. For example: -Forwarding a Contact -Clicking on mailto: link in an e-mail How can I solve or debug this problem? TIA Dieter ...

WHAT object cannot be found?
Incredibly frustrated and hatred of Microsoft Office 2007 increasing every day... I miss the day when there was a dropdown and not a ribbon and especially when my email worked without a problem. So I set up a new profile after deleting the old. Added email accounts. Check. Tested the send/receive during setup - that worked. Now I try to send email from my accounts and I get a message: "The operation failed. An object cannot be found." What the... I've checked the knowledgebase. I have one profile. It's default and opened when Outlook starts. It receives email just fine. It...