can't send instant message

How can I send instant message through Person Names Smart
Tag in outlook 2003?

I've enabled Person Names Smart Tag in outlook 2003. I've
opened my MSN6.1. I can see the smart tag in the email and
can check if this contact is online/offline. When I click
a smart tag for a contact who is online, the "Send Instant
Message" selection is greyed out in the popup menu.

Thanks for the help!
0
anonymous (74722)

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

CDO eMail messages not working from FoxPro since installing KB8929
We installed the Exchange 2000 Update (KB892986) and since then our code that creates CDO eMails errors out with the following message: "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from CDO.Message.1: The transport lost its connection to the server." We are planning to reverse thes updates over the weekend. Does anyone know a better way around this? ...

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

sending newsletters
I'm finding when I try to email newsletters to groups of 10 or more my server times out. I can send emails with 8- 9 people no problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! On 17 May 2004 15:26, "matt" wrote: >I'm finding when I try to email newsletters to groups of 10 or more my >server times out. I can send emails with 8- >9 people no problem. > >Anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook? What kind of server? How big are the newsletters? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm S...

attachments in inbound messages do not decode #2
I have a problem with an exchange 5.5 server (on NT 4 box). All of a sudden message attachments from a specific outside domain do not decode. See below the attachment just shows up has junk. How do you fix this? Other interesting thing if I forward (either internal or external) the message to anyone the attachment works fine. I have searched but haven't found any pertinent ports. Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -----Original Message----- > From: Nolan, Pati > Sent: Friday, November 11...

Messages stuck in Queue with status Active and eventually fail.
I have an exchange 2000 server with SP3. The scenario is this; Everything has been functioning great except emailing to AOL, so I setup a smart host to use our ISP's smtp server. Well, they are getting flagged as open relay and the mail is rejected. So I had them setup a reverse dns lookup for our IP so I could send mail directly. I found a site that allows me to check RBL's and we came up good on about 25 of them, so we aren't black listed. Now we can email aol users without any problems, but all of a sudden, I can't get the server to deliver mail to other exchang...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

Send/Receive suddenly disabled
My Send/Receive button highlights when I point at it and changes color when I click, but then nothing happens. The same is true of the Send/Receive button on the Mail Setup tab of the Options dialogue box. To get my email, I must 1) Download headers 2) Select those head and "Mark to Download" 3) Process all marked headers. I recently had to create a new profile and recreate all of my accounts and it's possible I changed some other setting while I was going about it, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that might have been. Can anyone tell me how to get buck to ...

Help: message "Requesting data from Exchange Server"
Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange 2000. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up >message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we >try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange >2000. > >Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? Depends to a greater or lesser extent ...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

Send button --WEBBOT SELF--
I wrote the earlier question and then kept looking for answers. I found the following at MSMVPS.com After the form is submitted the page is redirected to a confirmation page. You cannot change that function nor change the confirmation page. That is not available in Publisher. If this is true then how am I going to get my form page to work. Please help me!!! reference: Publisher web publication forms 101: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx Reference: How to publish a Publisher web in HTTP: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/pages/80557.aspx Applicable if yo...

Sending e-mail on behalf of like in Outlook
In Microsoft CRM it would be nice to have the possebility to send e-mail on behalf of (like in Outlook) In Microsoft CRM When sending emails, in the From field you can only select a user or a queue, so creating queues for each email address could be an option. But this is nothing more than a work around for something which could be much better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Outlook message bodies Blank
When I open my email in outlook the body is empty. I seem to remember somethig about my AVG doing something. Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) You'll still be protected by its other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages you've already received, though, can't be repaired. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://w...

Unable to send or receive email
I am unable to send or receive email. The test email that was sent when I set up my account worked fine, but I am not able to send or receive any email. When I compose a new message, there isn't a send button. Outlook works perfectly for other users on the same computer. I have disabled add ins one at a time but nothing seems to make a difference. I would appreciate any help. On 9 Jul, 05:54, marmievv <marmi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am unable to send or receive email. The test email that was sent when I > set up my account worked fine, but I am not a...

'Signature for new messages' which won't work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and if I go to Tools>Options>Mail Format I see I can choose a signature for new messages. I have 3 e-mail accounts set up, and have set a new message signature for each one, e.g.: 1) Home > Sig 1 (default) 2) Work > Sig 2 3) Play > Sig 3 However when I try to create a new e-mail message, it seems impossible to automatically start a new e-mail using my Work or Play accounts, and therefore have the signature automatically entered. So what is the point of this feature if there is no way to use it? I'm sure I'm missing so...

Not able to view activities
Hi, I have a MS CRM 3.0 VPC running. I have allocated 1GB memory as recommended. However, whenever I try opening Activities(any entity for that matter), it is throwing an error dialog "An error has occured. For more information, contact you system administrator." I checked the event viewer, but there is no information about any error/exception. I searched for the CRM log, but couldn't locate it. Pls help me fix this issue. Thanks and Regards, Mahalax. ...

Outlook 2003 will not send #2
I have been using Outlook 2003 for about 2 weeks now and it has been working perfectly. Yesterday I sent some mail that should have received a reply...no reply, so I sent some mail to myself. It shows that it went out in the sent box but I never received it. Did this a number of times...no success. All the settings are the same as before. When I use the test settings, it sends and I receive it. I then set up Outlook Express and tried that ...it works fine. I also did the repair operation...no success. Please help! Thank you Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft....

cannot send or reply to a certain email address
I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their email. I can receive email from them. I have deleted their contact info and re-entered. I have tried emailing without using contact, just typing address in. I can, however, get on my email server and send/reply to them just fine. Error is that their email is not a valid email address. Thanks for your help! Are you sure the address is valid? Type it in the To field so you are sure there isn't any extra characters in it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 200...

Sending mail in outlook
How can I send hotmail messages in outlook 2000? So, is there any to compose a message in outlook and send it from my hotmail account or my hotmail address linked as the sender? Outlook 2002 was the first version that allowed for Hotmail, check here though for kludgy workaround http://www.slipstick.com/config/ol2000hotmail.htm "Colman" <colmanchamberlain@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:09bd01c35aad$65306ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I send hotmail messages in outlook 2000? So, is > there any to compose a message in outlook and send it > from my hotmail acc...

error 0x8004210 occurs when I try to send email from outlook Vista
When I send emails addressed to any number of recipients from my att.net email account, I receive: Task 'email@ATT.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I get the same message intermittently when I try to send emails to multiple recipients from my gmail accounts (I can send to individuals). "BMcD" <BMcD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1DFD17C-6...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

How do i get send/receive back
-- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA7F81D0-A97A-4265-8676-82A0CDC143FA@microsoft.com... > ...

send email when case notes change?
Hello, Is there any way to configure the workflow so that an email can be sent when the notes of a case have changed? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518 You cannot create a workflow for note. I think the only way to achive your goal is to write a custom PostUpdate callout for the Annotation (Note). You could check if the note is related to the entity of type "case" (objecttypecode) and only then send some custom e-mail. ...