Can't send email. Error msg: can't connect to outgoing SMTP serve

Setting up existing email account on Outlook.  I can receive but not send
messages.  I use IMAP but error msg says Outlook is unable to connect to
outgoing SMTP server.
0
scott7693 (519)

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Setting up existing email account on Outlook.  I can receive but not send
> messages.  I use IMAP but error msg says Outlook is unable to connect to
> outgoing SMTP server.

Well, IMAP is only how you access your mailbox, not how you send email.
that uses SMTP.

Have you ever been able to send email from this computer (not using a web
based reader)?  With that isp?

Have you verified the settings with your ISP?

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
9/6/2007 2:52:39 AM
If you are with Comcast, they are in the process of switching their SMTP
ports from 25 to 587.  I've been told that many ISP's are doing the same
(but using different port #'s), to cut down on spam.  So, it might be worth
a call to your ISP.

HTH,
    Barbarah  ?