Can't send e-mails with attachments

using Outlook 2002 SP3, e-mails without attachments go
thru fine, but anything with an attachment hangs in the
outbox - server seems to time out.

This was working fine, can't figure out what specific
event cause this to stop working.

Receiving e-mails with attachments is no problem.
0
sieg (1)

SS <sieg@seadogdivers.com> wrote:

> using Outlook 2002 SP3, e-mails without attachments go
> thru fine, but anything with an attachment hangs in the
> outbox - server seems to time out.

Increase your server timeout.  It's on one of the account property pages.
--
Brian Tillman
0

The whole email is stuck in there and is actually sending
out but will not delete.

David <david.ashley@lesctltd.com> wrote:

> If you get a fix for this can you let me know as I have
> an email that I`m fowarding and a 3MB attachement.

As I already said, increase your server timeout value.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

IMCEA
I am new to Microsoft exchange and am looking out for details on IMCEA (a.k.a. Internet Mail Connector Encapsulated Addressing). 1) The first very basis question is what is IMCEA. 2) How does routing happen when we send an email using IMCEA. 3) Does exchange strip IMCEA<type> string before send the destination address to connector or it sends it as is. E.g. Suppose I have a connector that can understand SMS address type. Now, using OL i send an email to IMCEASMS-123456789@localdomain.local. In this scenario, what will be the recipient addres in my connector? a) IMCEASMS-123456789@l...

add e-mailaddresses
Hi, we are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 in combination with Outlook2003 and I want to let another user (not an administrator) manage some recipient-containers in Exchange 5.5 admin-program. in order to let that user manage e-mailaddresses in that particular recipient-container. Is that only possible with the Exchange admin-program. or is there another way to do that? Thanks. John ...

Trouble sending email-while traveling
I have windows Vista and use windows mail. I now travel for business, here is my problem. I live in Canada temporarly and still use my US internet/email provider to receive my emails, although I use my Canadian email provider to send my email from Canada. While in Canada this works great. I am now in New York and have to send a email to a client from a Motel. I receive my emails fine but CANNOT send any. I receive the following Error Message: the message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing emailSMTP server For help go to help ...

Avoid repeating UserId and Password prompt while sending/Recving in Outlook2000
Hai ! I am using MDemon Mail Server , more than 50 Client users are using them. And most of them having Windows XP Pro + MS Outlook 2000 and others are having Windows 98SE+ MS Outlook2000. In Windows 98SE+Outlook2K combination clients are working fine without any issus. But every time repeated UserId and Password prompt screen is coming while Sending/Recving mails in Windows XP Pro+ Outlook 2K combination. This problem is happening after Change my Mail Server MDemon instead of FTGATE Mail Server. How can i solve this problem , please give me solution AEAP. Regards, Kishore ...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

How do I send a various page email?
Hi. I have created a catalog in publisher which has 4 pages. How do i e-mail this all at the one time? Convert it to a pdf file and send it as an attachment. Many folks here like the free Primopdf: www.primopdf.com Or if you want an excellent modestly priced pdf creating program, give PDF-XChange a try. They also have a great pdf Tools program. http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/ -- Don Vancouver USA "ALVEZ" <ALVEZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE612FFB-BCEB-41A3-9898-D9DC55349ADF@microsoft.com... > Hi. I have created a catalog in pu...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

Send/Receive #10
Since installing MSN-9, I am no longer able to send messages through Outlook. I use a dial-up connection and msn-9 web based email. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? Do you get any error messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Mark Hildebrand" <markhildebrand@msn.com> wrote in message news:054901c3d08d$0dc1d9c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Since installing MSN-9, I am no longer able to send > messages through Outlook. I use a dial-up connecti...

Send stuck in Loop
When trying to send an email with an attachment it gets stuck in a loop. Continues to send until I delete the outgoing message. Sometimes sending up to 20 copies of the same email message. Add the attachments it ends up crashing the persons email. Any suggestions? Outlook 2002 ...

Sending Email in Excel
1.) I have a formula in a cell that when clicked, sends an email to recipients in the formula. I have pasted the formula below. What I want to do is put the date after the "End of Day: " part. However, when you click on the link, it gives the serial representation of the date if you use today(). Is there anyway to format so that is shows the date formatted correctly? In cell A1: =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("mailto:Person1@abc.com; Person2@abc.com?Subject=End of Day - ",A34,": Acc: ",AB1," for ","$",AA1," | Feats: ",'Enh Feats'...

blocking incomming mail
How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my address book? Outlook version please??????? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my | address book? What version of Outlook do you have ? Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > Outlook version please??????? > > --=81 > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > > P...

Outlook 2003
Getting "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persits, restart Outlook." when attempting to forward, send or reply, using Outlook 2003. Restarting does not help. If you delete the NT Profile the problem goes away for a few days and then returns. We have also tried "Detect and repair" and Uninstall / re-install without good results. Only replacing the NT Profile seems to have an impact. Help! ...

Problems Sending/Receiving Email
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3. Suddenly I've been having problems sending/receiving email. When I click the send/receive icon nothing happens at all. Nothing gets sent or received and no dialog box or error message pops up. I've also tried sending/receiving through the Tools menu and nothing happens. It's as though I never tried to send the message at all. If I restart my computer it "works" again. But I'm having to restart my computer several times a day in order to be able to check my messages! Any ideas? "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussi...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...

sending email from outlook using AOL
After much exasperation have finally got outlook to send email whilst using my AOL internet connection. The issue is that I have to have my aol email address entered in the Outlook email box but I use my outlook email address in the reply email address box. The problem is that any recipient of an email from outlook will see my aol email address in the from box and if they click on reply it will be sent to my aol email box and not to my outlook email box. If my aol email address is not entered, in the Outlook email box, the email is rejected by aol. Using AOL 9 & Outlook 2002 Any ...

numerals in a mail merge
Word 2003 on Windows XP I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example. ( I am guessing at the number of zeroes) Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? I would l...

Exchange 2000 not sending email
FYI Windows 2000 Server 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3 (Fresh install) Exchange 5.5 (Fresh Install) Exchange Enterprise Server 2000 (upgrade version) Note : Exchange 5.5 was installed and immediately upgraded to 2000. It was not configured etc. Cannot send emails ... internal users can send/receive to/from each other .. emails can be retrieved from net ... users cannot send out. Some other info. Queues hold messages and never go .. always come back approx 48hrs later failure ... All queues based on remote delivery never "GO" Always bounced back ISP says the mx records 'look good...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

Exchange Send as question
Good Day, I have a problem that perhaps somebody out there can help me with. We are running an Exchange Server 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 with SP1 server. I have a user named Anne who is the Admin for two people Aaron and Liz. A few months back Anne wanted rights to send email as Aaron so she can just send email as him with out the On Behalf showing up in the email. I went to class after that and I asked the question on how can I do it. They said that I should just give her full rights to Aaron mailbox. So she already had full rights so I added the from option to her Outlook ...

Can MS-outlook cache email address in "send to" area?
Hi I'm wondering if outlook can memorize the email address I have used or those in address book as what outlook express does. It's pretty convinient to type in the first letters of email address in "to.." area and automatically apend the rest. I appreciate if you can give me answer. Thanks. -Yi Zhang In Outlook, choose Tools - Options. In the Preferences tab choose Email Options. Select Advanced E-Mail Options. Check the box that states "Suggest names while completing To, CC, and Bcc Fields." Hopefully that helps. >-----Original Message-----...

looking for mail server for testing client on local machine
I am developing software for add-in on Outlook client, but am doing this in a 'closed' development environment. I'm looking for a 'pseudo-mail-server' that could run on the local machine to send and receive emails (testing environment only). Someone must have done this before.... If you use your favorite search engine for look for "free POP3 server," = you should find what you need.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart ...

Disabling automatic send function
I used to be able to have messages in my Outbox sit there till I hit send/receive by checking "disable send/receive" on the tools menu. For some reason, disabling send/receive now only disables the automatic receive function. My emails in my Outbox are sent automatically, as soon as they hit the outbox. I send monthly emails to my contacts thru the mail merge program in Word. I then go to my Outbox to attach a document to them. It used to be that if I disabled the automatic send/receive function in the tools menu, the messages in my outbox would sit there so I could add ...

Automized E-mail dispatch
Hi! I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from a machine with no user logged in. Problem is, the mail needs to contain one of these outlook survey fields where receipients can click "Yes I have read this email and understood its contence" or something like that. Is there a way to do that without actually starting up outlook? Kind Regards Fabienne fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at <fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at> wrote: > I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from > a machine with no user logged in. There MUST be a user logged i...

mail merge #19
I am trying to print 220+ newsletters with mail merge. in the past (without mail merge) they have printed form my computer to the copier (Toshiba estudio 3511) with out problems. they are 4 pages, ledger paper with a fold in the middle. when I tried to print them with mail merge, if I ask it to fold, it printed all the newsletters folded them in half all together. is there a way to print them individually, or is there a setting in publisher somewhere that will keep them from printing alltogether? From Ed Bennett: Publications are not individually collated and stapled when you use t...