Can't see Public Folders after upgrading to 2003

I was able to view public folders through Outlook on my machine when it was
running Outlook 2000.  Then I upgraded to 2003 and now I can't see a public
folders node to the tree hierarchy in the Folder List pane.

Any idea why?

Much thanks,
Jesse

0
ja3450 (1)

Could be...

that you are looking at the Mail folder structure. In Outlook 2003, when you
click the Mail icon in the Navigation Pane, you see only Mail based
folders... Public Folders are not included.

One of the smaller icons at the bottom of the Navigation Pane on the left is
labeled Folder List. This displays the entire folder list... and includes
Public Folders at the very bottom.

"Jesse" <ja@moaboil.com> wrote in message
> I was able to view public folders through Outlook on my machine when it
was
> running Outlook 2000.  Then I upgraded to 2003 and now I can't see a
public
> folders node to the tree hierarchy in the Folder List pane.
>
> Any idea why?
>
> Much thanks,
> Jesse

Recover Deleted Items Outlook 2003
I can't get the DumpsterAlywaysOn trick to work in Outlook 2003. Is there a different way of implementing this in the newer version? Thanks, Patrick are you certain you did not make the same typo in the registry key that you made in this post? that key has always worked for me... "PatricK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ad3601c4369d$f8c98be0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can't get the DumpsterAlywaysOn trick to work in > Outlook 2003. Is there a different way of implementing > this in the newer version? > > Thanks, > Patric...

Outlook 2003 "Reply to All" not functioning
I have a particular end-user (User 1) who is receiving e-mails from another end-user (User 2) within the same Exchange 2003 domain. The problem is the following: User 1 receives an e-mail from User 2, User 1 is CCed in this message from User 2. User 1 wants to "Reply to All," however, User 2 does not show up whenever "Reply to All" is clicked in any of the address fields of the replying message. Both users are on Exchange 2003. User 1 is using Outlook 2003, while User 2 is using both Outlook 2003 and OWA 2003. This issue also occurs with User 2 whenever an external end-u...

Winmail.dat problem with SBS 2003..and yes i have read the other wiinmail posts
Ok, so I have read thru all the winmail.dat posts in this group and the outlook group, problem is most of them are geared towards ex 5.5. Well I have sbs 2003 and I have one user in my entire company that can not send a excell spreadsheet to one recp. without outlook 2003 i converting into a winmail.dat. I have tryed everyhting I can think of. I reinstalled outlook. I have sett all the options to send as plain text globally and for that contact that gets the winmail.dat files. I have been working on this for a while, but I do believe I checked the setting on exchange to allow the user to ch...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

Exchange Server 2007 Public Folders Permission issue
We have a consultants folder with over a hundred sub folders. Is there any way to propagate the permissions down to all the sub folders? Get-PublicFolder \<Parent_Folder_Tree>\Consultants -Recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -AccessRights <see_help_for_optoins> -User <Domain\User> -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Stuart Reicher" <StuartReicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF14A00D-D9E6-486D-9237-C7ED652524F5@microsoft.com... > We have a cons...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Avoid creation of new folders in my document when I open outlook?
Hi, each times I open Outlook, new folders are cretaed in my documents and each times I attach files to an email, Outlook creats new folders in the file where the attach file was. How can I avoid this? is this a dell laptop with media direct? if so, uninstall the outlook setup add-in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Running ESEUTIL on a Exchange 2003
I don't have the necessary disk drive space on my C: drive but I do have it on my drive M: which is attached to the SAN. Do I need to copy the following files: Eseutil.exe, Ese.dll, Jcb.dll, Exosal.dll, and Exchmem.dll (this is what it says in 244525 for exchange 2000, is it still the same for Exchange? Or can I just run it the utility from C: and will it create the temp files on the drive where the store is located? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Are you trying to run a defrag? If so, you can use the /t switch to specify where to create the temp files. Example: c:\program fil...

error message exiting outlook 2003
On exiting Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "The instruction at 0x7c910f2b referenced memory at 0x0bcd5c4c. The memory could not be read" Any ideas? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com Does this also happen when you disable your add-ins? What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Offic...

Where is the strikethrough in Publisher 2000, 2003, 2007???
I have tried several versions of Publisher and none have strikethrough as an available style of font. I hate to say it but my end users are not savvy enough to want or are able to draw a line down the middle of every sentence of a paragraph. Why has this been an oversight in publisher for so long? Microsoft PLEASE give me strikethrough in publisher! Is it there and just hidden? On a side note, anyone know of any strikethrough fonts that I could use in publisher? Know how to make one? There is no strikethrough option in Publisher. We just draw a line where we want it and group it ...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Outlook 2003 #147
When sending an Email, I would like to send a copy to a folder (Not sent items) in the address field has any one seen this one? ...

Outlook 2003 SP2
Hi Is there any way I can set a user defined field to show the date (and time) I read a particular email? Lou Lou, you wrote on Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:16:50 +1000: > Is there any way I can set a user defined field to show the date (and time) > I read a particular email? No. BTW: SP3 for Office 2003 has been released: http://tinyurl.com/mb2dj -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net You can expose the replied to time (http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm) but I don't know if you can expose a read time. Modified time won't work because marki...

Create Outlook 2003 Rule using 'Or' operator in 'Sent to' condition
How do I create a rule that uses the 'or' operator in the 'sent to' condition? I actually have a rule like this, but don't know how I created it. In other rules, when I try to add more that one email address or group in 'sent to,' Outlook inserts the 'and' operator. What is the exact rule in full? In general you'd create additional rules but it depends a bit on the condition or action that you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Deletes emails
1000+ users on our domains have been having an issue where they run AutoArchive and a large number of their non-expired emails are moved to the Deleted Items folder of their Personal Folder File (or, if one doesn't exist, one is created on their hard drive) and the items in the Deleted Items folder of their PFF are deleted completely and must be recovered. After that point, any items placed in the PFF under Inbox will be sucked into Deleted Items in the Archive/PFF each time. We have checked the settings on 10+ machines and the only way to prevent this problem from occuring is to manuall...

R4 ds/dsi firmware-drivers de R4 Sdhc. R4 ultra, R4 new, R4 III upgrade, R4 v3
Hola,, aqui teneis una web donde encontre una recopilacion de firmware o drivers de las R4 Sdhc ,R4 Ultra,R4 New, R4 III Upgrade. R4 Dsi, R4 ui. http://www.r4spain.com/tienda Pinchas en el enlace de arriba y en la parte inferior izda haces click en el boton DESCARGAR, aparecera un menu con muchos driver para distintas R4 DS. Espero que os sirva de ayuda. Saludetes Gorka ...

Mailbox fails to move
I am getting the following error: Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event ID: 9172 Description: Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store. Error: An unknown error has occurred. It looks like all the message gets moved it it why towards the end when it fails. I can access this mailbox just fine using Outlook 2003. Why can it not be moved? Is it a rule that is causing the problem? The redirect says to use MDBVU32 to find the bad messages. How does one tell which messages are causing the problem? I searched the premier site ...

Intergration between Project 2007 and outlook 2003
Please help.... I am running MS Project 2007 (not server) and outlook 2003. Is there way (or a program someone can reccomend) to intergrate the tasks ect between the two pieces of software? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01CA99B8.95E55F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Yoni, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) There is no way within Project, and I don't know of product that does. = You might like to peruse the Companions Page of the M...

LDAP lookup not working with Outlook 2003
I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and notice that I could no longer resolve names via the LDAP server. I get always get a message that there are too many matches in the Internet Directory. This does not occur with Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express. With these two applications, the name is always resolved in less that 20 seconds. Any ideas? Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups...

Opening Pub 2003 Files in Pub 2000
I created a booklet in Publisher 2003 for my sons school. Put the file on disk for them and they can not open the file. They have Publisher 2000. The school will need to edit the file. What can we do so they will be able to open and edit the file? Not a good idea but... File Save As and change the file type. Your file size will grow and may not be the same as what you've created. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tntsmith4322" <tntsmith4322@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FACCB1E-D42D-43F7-99C8-452AECA6D992@microsoft.com... >...

Upgrading Money 07 to Money 07
I'm currently using a downloaded trial copy of MS Money Deluxe, it expires in March. I just picked up a copy of Money Deluxe at Staples, along with Tax Cut, so I can take advantage of the rebate on the purchase (I was going to get Tax Cut anyway). The question is, do I need to uninstall my current install of Money 07 and install from the retail box? Or do I just install from the retail box right over my current setup and all will be fine? Or is there something else I should do? I've upgraded MS Money before, but it was always a real version upgrade (02 to 07-Trial, forex), not a t...

How do I print backgrounds on publisher 2003 with a deskjet print.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > Everything visible on the page should print. ...

where i can find more publication designs for ms publisher 2003?
i want to create a web site so i need more templates Amey Jahagirdar wrote: > i want to create a web site so i need more templates Make up your own designs. Better watch out Erika, you're starting to sound like me. Next thing you know, you'll be telling people that they should start with blank documents and use some creativity regardless of the end product. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Erika Katz" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:O5NWg.14524$YO.150@tornado...

Automatic Add To 'All Users'
We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 and have a question Our current procedures is to - when addng a new user - take a second step and add them to a predefined user called 'All users' Is there an easy way to automatically add a new user to a 'all users group' (and since I am asking) - to sub groups as applicable (Segrated to a group for salesmen, purchasing...) - when setting up the user Thanks -- "Hell, I would Piss on a Spark Plug if it would make the Darn Thing Work" If your AD is Win2k3 & Exchange is all E2k3 you can use query-base...