Can't read attachments

When attempting to read attachments named ATT000xx.dat I
receive the following message:

Access to C\WINDOWS\Temporary was denied.

I was able to read them two days ago, and the problem
started after forwarding some of them. Now I don't seem to
be able to read any of them.  These attachments are
headers from SPAM being returned to me (phony return
address).

Any suggestions?

0
Randy3500 (1)

Inquiry Access Only (Read Only)
How can I set up a user class with read only access? Do I need to take away ALL access, then add each window and report one at a time? Thanks, Alan Alan, That is the way I originally set up such a class and then just tweaked it as necessary. Cheers Ross. "Alan Waggoner" wrote: > How can I set up a user class with read only access? Do I need to take away > ALL access, then add each window and report one at a time? > > Thanks, > Alan ...

Attachments missing on Internal Emails viewed in OWA
I'm having a difficulty with emails sent internally from Outlook 2007 to another internal user on Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed in Windows 2003 Server Standard. Generally, the server has all the updates. I just updated it about a week ago. These attachments (no matter what they are) will not show up in OWA. They do show up in Outlook. And if you try to forward the email, the attachment will appear. So, our work-around right now has been to forward these emails to themselves in OWA and the subsequent email will have the attachment in them. All other emails with...

Outlook shuts down when saving an open attachment from email
I am experiencing a vexing problem that occures when I have an email open, then open and attachment to view the contents. When I attempt to save the open attachement to my desktop the computer reboots. If I save the attachment to my desktop and then open the file there is not difficulty. This is a recent problem as the system has workd fine for years without the issue. I have installed all updates to system and application software. Anyone have an answer? Thanks. ...

cannot read mails in HTML Format
In outlook 2007 i can't read my mails in HTML format. How can i configure out this? Are the email items sitting in your Junk E-mail folder? Is there any information in the InfoBar mentioning why they're not being shown as HTML? "Alper Ozgur" <alpozgur@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eaYTs4raHHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In outlook 2007 i can't read my mails in HTML format. How can i configure > out this? > ...

read receipt on a single email
Why can't I set my email account to send read receipts on only the email I choose why does it have to be set for all email? "constantly learning" <constantlylearning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7471D926-C887-4917-AC5A-6738D543E8EE@microsoft.com... > Why can't I set my email account to send read receipts on only the email I > choose why does it have to be set for all email? Have a look on the Tools menu of the new mail window. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ ...

setting workbook read only except for one user
I have a sheet that I want to share with co-workers but I only want them to have read only access. If I put the file on the public server it will give the frist perons to open it full access and readonly to everyone there after. What is the best way to go about this? <scott.streit@gmail.com> wrote... >I have a sheet that I want to share with co-workers but I only want >them to have read only access. > >If I put the file on the public server it will give the frist perons to >open it full access and readonly to everyone there after. > >What is the best way to go ab...

Outlook express attachments.
i have trouble opening some of the attatchments on my email. some come up and i can open them but others show up but i cant access them. please can someone help its driving me mad. Tools | Options | Security... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! <GAZTOOL@BLUEYONDER.CO.uk> wrote in message news:028801c3a963$5e9ade10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have trouble opening some of the attatchments on my > e...

send attachment to multiple recipients, but viewable only to one
Hi there... Possibly a bit of an odd request... I want to know if it is possible to send an attachment in an email to a number of people, but to specify that only one of the recipients would be able to open it... Basically I want to be able to demonstrate that an attachment has been sent, but not have it read by everyone it has been sent to. I'm using Outlook 2003... Any help would be very greatfully recieved! Thanks in advance... Chris Not sure if this is what you're looking for... One option would be to set the file with a password to open and send the password only to the ind...

Empty (blank) cell read as zero??
I am using the formula *9/5+32 to change celsius values on on worksheet to fahrenheit on another linked sheet. This works OK, bu all the unentered (blank) cells on the celsius sheet appear as 32 o the fahrenheit sheet until values are entered on the C sheet. Untidy! Is there a way of keeping cells on both sheets blank until entries ar made on the C sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try somehing like =IF('sheetC'!A1="","",'sheetC'!A1*(9/5)+32) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am using the formula *9/5+32 to cha...

Opening email attachments which were forwarded
Sometimes an email is forwarded to me (from a known address) which was forwarded several times before reaching me. To open the attachment I, several times, have to "open" the file just to get to the actual message. Is there a way to bypass all this and just get to the actual message/picture/video etc.? Thanks. Unfortunately, no. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:5f2001c474c4$04987990$a501280a@phx.gbl, Steve wrote: > Sometimes an...

Which attachment was opened?
I have a user that wants to send an attachment to a person, then she wants a notice that the attachment was opened, BUT (here's the tricky part) she also wants a copy of her original e-mail attached to the "read notice" so that she knows which e-mail was actually opened. (in case she sends several attachments, she wants to know which one was opened). Using Ex2k7/OL2k7 "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@CO.CHELAN.WA.US> wrote in message news:9E4C1F58-0605-4001-9488-4B347092E524@microsoft.com... >I have a user that wants to send an attachment to a person, the...

Read only Form when opened
Hi In need to be able to open a form read only until I select a record from a combo box I want to keep from entering the information in the first record that comes up when I open the form Thanks That sounds like it would work I Estimate for a commercial wood working firm I use Access to track my jobs and generate Bids For example I might bid a hotel and need to exclude 300 wood doors and frames. So that would go into me exclusion field I need to make sure that the exclusion is attached to the right job This all works on a form with a sub form, the main form is information about...

Having problems with recipients opening word/excel attachments?
When I send emails from outlook2007 with word or excel attachments, recipients are opening attachments to blank pages, even though I have saved the documents in the lower version of word and excel. I also have a friend who says the files comes over as a win.dat file?? HELP!! ...

Can't send attachments #9
So I compose my mail and I add an attachment but then nothing happens when I click "send". Literally. I know it's not a size issue (it's only a .doc). Can somebody please help me? I am desperate. Thanks. Jack P.S. I am running Office 2003 on an XP Home machine. Jack <jackhird@gmail.com> wrote: > So I compose my mail and I add an attachment but then nothing happens > when I click "send". Literally. I know it's not a size issue (it's > only a .doc). Does the message appear in the Outbox? Does it get moved to Sent Items (if you have that ...

How to read a blank cell as zero for formulas?
I have an empty cell because of "" in the formula but in a new formula referencing that cell I want it to be read as zero? Help Lots of excel's functions will treat that as a zero (like =sum()). But some will blow up real good: =a1+a2 Maybe: =n(a1)+n(a2) would be ok for you. mrssm5 wrote: > > I have an empty cell because of "" in the formula but in a new formula > referencing that cell I want it to be read as zero? Help -- Dave Peterson Range based functions (SUM, AVERAGE, etc) will ignore "", but if you want it treated as zero (inste...

How to stop this attachment
Hi there, I wasn't quite sure which NG this problem would be in relation to so forgive me for posting to both. Anyway, I'm running on WinXP,OE6 &IE6. My problem is that when I type a letter using Word and then email it using the send button on the Word toolbar an attachment always seems to be sent attached to it (without "me" having actually done it.). I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced this. Thanks very much, TW, AKLD, NZ. clearpoint <clearpoint@xtra.co.nz> wrote: > Anyway, I'm running on WinXP,OE6 &IE6. Ask in an Outlook Expres...

I can't send attachments with outlook, I can send test email
When I try to send an email with an attachment it never works. It always gives an error. I can send plain test emails just fine. What could the problem be? Thanks What is the error? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Harm Logan" wrote: > When I try to send an email with an attachment it never works. It always > gives an error. I can send plain test emails just fine. What could the > problem be? > Thanks task 'mail.bellsouth.net-sending' reported error(0x8004210B):'the operation time out w...

Attachments in outbox keep sending
This is a recent problem that just popped up in Outlook 2002......When I send an email with an attachement it stays in the "out" box like it is trying to send. In reality, it has sent the message over and over. It will keep sending until I delete the message from the "out" box, but does not show up as sent in my "sent" box. (before I realized this was happening I had sent someone a 1 meg photo file 20 times and it never registered on my end that it was ever sent!) I've run the detect and repair option,but it's still happening. My virus program...

Question about outlook with attachment with name att00001.txt
Dear all, I would like to ask a problem about the MS outlook, details as follows: One of our client which using MS outlook 2000/2003/2007 have a problem about received email (using pop3), which we don't know why it will automatic added a file (att00001.txt) no matter the file with attachment or not. What our client use mail server are Linux Postfix, in front of the Postfix, our client use Cisco Ironport to scan the spam mail. The network diagram: Postfix <-> Ironport <-> Firewall <-> Internet We had made a few test and found that: 1. If the client open t...

Receipient can't see attached .xls file
Hi all, One of my user is encountering a weird problem. Here is the rough senario: Sender sends a file (.xls) to multiple receipients, some of them overseas counterparts. All of them managed to receive the email with the attachments except one who only received the email without the file attached. This, despite another staff who was part of this email list in the same location and company who got the email attachment. I've looked through some of the discussions posted which suggested that it could be because the sender's email is set to RTF format which some email client support. Bu...

Outlook Express Attachments
I can receive attachments and see then on incoming emails, but can't click to open or save. Anyone had this problem? Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570 OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in OLEXP 6 (OE removed access to the unsafe attachments in your email) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387 The articles will tell you to go to 'Tools|Options|Security' and remove the checkmark from the fourth box down, the one labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potential...

Outlook XP won't open excel attachment
Outlook XP won't open excel attachment if excel is already open. This is a sporadic problem on office XP SP2. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Try this: In Excel, select Tools | Options | General Is the option to ignore other applications checked? If so, uncheck it... any better? -- Patrick Reed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MVP [Outlook] Have you checked www.slipstick.com? ~Please list Outlook version~ "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cbc01c39d63$2e694580$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook XP won't open excel attachment if excel i...

how to delete an attachment that was sent to ALL STAFF?
One of our HR staff accidentally sent a new Staff Member's offer letter out to the entire GAL as an attachment. Is there a way to delete this attachment from the Info Store so that user's can't open it and review this confidential Word Doc? Please email me ASAP if you know the solution at mmiller@ncpanet.org Thanks, -MM Exmerge is your friend here. There is an option to remove messages based on subject. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "MikeMaxim" <MikeMaxim@discu...

Problem Attaching File to Email
I have setup email, using CDO, in a database. I have incorporated www.lebans.com's code for creating a PDF. However, when I configure my CDO.Message object, I get an "Object doesn't support this property or method. Error Number 438" Here is the offending code. It is the .AddAttachment property. With iMsg .To = gblEmail1 .From = gblEmailFrom .BCC = gblEmailBCC .Subject = gblEmailSubject .Sender = gblEmailReply .ReplyTo = gblEmailReply .HTMLBody = gblEmailBody .AddAttachment = "c:\tsw\...

Read Only after importing 97mdb to 2K
Hi- I have imported an Access 97 mdb into A2K by using Get External Data and choosing Select All for all my form, queries, tables, etc. When I try to open this database in A2K it says it is read-only. I don't know if it has something to do with the system.mdw permissions or not, but I would appreciate any help. Also, Where do I set system and hidden table properties to Visible. i saw this in a previous discussion and noticed that when I imported to 2000, the size of the file had decreased dramatically? How do I create an unsecured database in A97? THANKS FOR HELP IN ADVANCE!!...