Can't open standard task items

When I try to open a new task using the standard task
form from the stadard forms library, I get a message
stating: can't open item, one or more parameters are
invalid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

0
anonymous (74722)

Excel 2000 open history
Recently we upgraded to Windows XP home edition; since then I can't ge any open history in Excel 2000. Previously, when I opened Excel I had a history of the various item that I had worked on previously. There must be a simple explanation; any assistance would b appreciated. Paul in Australia pn1@bigpond.co -- Paul_Nicholso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul_Nicholson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26454 Have you selected ...

item discription on reciept
hey everybody, on some of the items we carry we have long item discription which the printer cuts when it generates the reciept for example if we have item description long pajamas blue color it only shows long pajamas b and cuts the rest does anybody know hoe i can change my XML reciept to maybe print discription into two lines instead of just one so i can get the whole description ...

Files open as read only
Dear all We have a network share with hundreds of Excel spreadsheets that individuals access and update regularly. The files are protected worksheets with only certain cells that the individuals can write to. They should then save the file to overwrite the original. All users are set up to have special rights so that they can access and modify the files. However, some (possibly all) Excel 2000 users open the files and they appear as 'Read only' so the users cannot save their changes. Please can anyone help? I have seen a suggestion that the server's temp folder may need emtying,...

Microsoft Word and Excel (all products) will NOT open or run.

Publisher 97 won't open
When I try to open publisher I get the following message File undialog.cpp Line 1396 publisher won't open. Uninstalling/reinstalling dosn't help. Any thoughts This seems to be a somewhat known issue with using Clip Art Gallery and a program called ZoomText. Are you running that software? "Caroline M" <caroline.marden@lineone.net> wrote in message news:04cd01c37e29$a57987b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open publisher I get the following message > > File undialog.cpp Line 1396 > > publisher won't open. Uninstalling/reinstalling dosn&#...

Key chain items
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187196697_925891 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, I installed MSN Messenger 4.01. I had 3.5 on. When it had installed, it asked if I wanted it to have access to my keychain items??? What in the heck does that mean?? Then I received a message about some msn daemon wanting access which I denied?? I�m a bit lost with this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Frank --B_3187196697_9...

Why won't Internet Explorer open?
Any help appreciated.. Friend's pc for unknown reason decided to stop loading IE. He has IE7 I think..certainly not 8 anyway. Its been ok or a couple years without a hitch until last evening. He can use e-mail via outlook express and was able to download latest update to his virus software but when clicking to open IE he is presented with a virtual white screen, a slot at the top where an address would be located but it won't allow typing in eg http://www. etc. Any ideas? Thanks. On Jul 17, 9:26=A0pm, "John Smith" <JohnSm...@nospam.com> wrote: > An...

Dynamically setting the Sent Items folder
What I'm trying to accomplish is adding an additional field to the new mail form where a user will enter a project number. That field should be used to programatically do one of the following: - set which IMAP folder the sent message should be stored (eg Shared Folders/Projects/12345A) - post a copy of the message to an IMAP folder (eg Shared Folders/Projects/12345A) Creating the custom form was easy. What I'm not sure how to save the outgoing message to an IMAP folder. Some google searching of the newsgroups led me to this: Try setting Item.SaveSentMessageFolder to the desired M...

Why does Picture Manager open OneNote?
Downloaded free trial but used it up because it opens every time I open Picture Manager. So I'm not getting to use it because I use Picture Manager every day. "renettert" <renettert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6033DAD-50B7-4C9F-9C1D-0AB2FD30E770@microsoft.com... > Downloaded free trial but used it up because it opens every time I open > Picture Manager. So I'm not getting to use it because I use Picture > Manager > every day. Looks as if you have a similar sort of problem to what we have at 27/11/2009 - OneNote takin...

Opening Money 2004 requires disc
Hi I am using Money 2004 Financial Suite. Recently, when I open the programme Money Installer starts up and requires me to insert the disc before I can proceed. This happens about one time in 4. Is there any way I can stop this? TIA John M Maybe this is occurring due to Windows Updates that are occurring... or maybe a configuration change. What I would suggest is see if you can reproduce the issue by opening and closing Money over and over... see if you can get it to ask for the CD... of course, if it asks the first time, it shouldn't ask again... then try rebooting... try it ag...

Discontinuing Inventory Items
Hi, Is there a way to 'inactivate' or discontinue inventory items that are NOT Sales inventory. For instance, if a company has a Kit, service, flat fee or misc. item type that they no longer want to use. Thanks Leslie -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 Hi Leslie, There is no inactivate option for items in great plains. What you can ideally do would be a customization or may be make all items other than Sales / Inventory as Discontinued...

how many items for a catagory have been sold
I have a situation where we need to determine 'how many items for catagory have been sold'. The Excel spreadsheet looks something like this: o Rows in the spreadsheet (Row2 and on) represent records items in th inventory list. o Column B in the list represents a catagory selection for a recor (e.g it's a Book, Photo, etc) o Column G in the list indicates if the item in the record has bee sold or not and if so how much (e.g $1.00, blank not sold as yet) I know how to determine a total number or count for a catagory: e. =COUNTIF(Inventory!B:B,"Books") I need to g...

command button to open form needs to assign values
I have an Animal Record form that shows the record for an individual animal. I created a command button that opens the Animal Journal form. I need to preset the values in the Animal Journal form so that the [Animal Journal].[Animal ID] field is automatically set to the Animal ID from the Animal Record form, and I would also like to display the Animal Record Name on the Animal Journal form. I played around with the OpenArgs property of my DoCmd.Open, but this does not seem to work. Here's the code: Private Sub Add_AJ_Entry_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Add_AJ_Entry_Click Dim stDo...

Trouble Opening E-mails in MS-Outlook
I have Windows XP Home and Office Standard. I have a DSL provider (Comcast) and would like to get my e-mails in Microsoft Outlook. I can send e-mails from Outlook. Comcast gave me these settings: Incoming server - mail.comcast.net, outgoing - smtp.comcast.net, account name - tripletts2 w/o @comcast.net. In Outlook I did the following: Change Your Server Connection Method Tools, E-mail Accounts, View or change existing e-mail accounts, Next, Select the account [there were 2 - mail.comcast.net & my name - I tried doing this 2 times - using each, without success], Change, More Sett...

Hook to add item to transaction
I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: Dim myobject As Object Set myobject = mysession.Transaction.Entries.Add(753, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0) TIA John John wrote: > I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen > but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I > tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: > Di...

Linking Excel with Outlook tasks
Is there a way to send data to outlok (in the tasks section)? I`m controling in a sheet the time when I have to collect the payments of my clients, but sometimes I forgot to open the sheet. So if Excel could send to the Outlook the task to remind me I never miss to get my money. Any Idea? Thaks, Fish11 ...

OWA OPEN PORT THROUG FIREWALL
Hi, What do I have to setup in worder to have the OWA working throug a firewall ? I already have port 80 opened? Thank You. There is no need to post multiple times. Also - there is a lack of information necessary to troubleshoot your issue. You don't indicate any information on what happens when clients try to access OWA, or what address they are using, if you have external DNS entries for your OWA server, if you have an external IP mapped on your firewall for OWA, etc. OWA is set up and works by default on Exchange 2000/2003 on port 80. Please look at it this way - if I had ...

trouble opening files from icon
All of a sudden, I can only open Excel files from the file menu. When I double-click on a file on the desktop or windows explorer, Excel opens but the file does not. It doesn't help to reset the associations for ".xls" either. Any clues? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.e...

Inventory Reconcile hangs on non-inventoried items
This has been a problem forever and is still a problem on Dynamics GP 10 with latest service pack. Why does the inventory reconcile (history NOT checked) hang on non-inventoried items (misc charges)? It has been reconciling the same item for over 15 minutes now and that item doesn't have THAT much data. As well, since this item is non-inventory and has NO quantities on hand, why are these skipped? Why can't Microsoft develop a stored proc that does the reconcile as a single job so that we can schedule this off-hours? Our one company database takes over 8 hours to reconcile ...

Hyperlink opening program
I have I hyperlink in my Excel sheet pointing to a RTF document which I want to open wind Wordpad. I assiociated the RTF file extension to WordPad. When I double click on a RTF document in the explorer, Wordpad is indeed used to open the document. However, when I click on the hyperlink, MsWord is used to open the document..... Does anybody know how to force the program that is used to open the hyperlink ? Or is there somewhere a set of parameters (probably) in the register that can be changed ? PS : For this question I've seen two similar threads concerning JP files, but not real...

delete all items within a mailbox
Hello, we are using Exchange2003. How could I delete the content of a mailbox , i.e all emails etc. ? (but not the mailbox itself..) With Exchange 5.5 there was a function to delete all mailbox-items such als emails, tasks, calendar etc, - how could I do this with Exchange 2003 ? Thank you On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:57:53 +0200, "Steffen Meier" <spacewalker4711@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >we are using Exchange2003. >How could I delete the content of a mailbox , i.e all emails etc. ? (but not >the mailbox itself..) > >With Exchange 5.5 there was a ...

Deleted mail do not go to Deleted Items Folder
Hi When I receive a new mail and delete it the message does not go to Deleted Items. I can not find that email. Is there a setting that deletes mail completely. Thaks ...

Some program is keeping Outlook open
I've just recently had this problem were Outlook refuses to close, the windows close, but Outlook is still running in the task list. never used to have the problem, but I suspect that some program is involved that is attached to outlook in order to send a email. Outlook 2000 under WinXP "Tom Posz" said in news:b5cc01c3ec41$d103ea70$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I've just recently had this problem were Outlook refuses > to close, the windows close, but Outlook is still running > in the task list. never used to have the problem, but I > suspect that some program is inv...

I want to make a Macro that would so I can open a CSV file and it.
Is there anyone out there that can teach me how to do this? Sometimes, the best way to learn is to turn the macro recorder on and then do what you want manually. Then turn the macro recorder off and look at the code. Bob L wrote: > > Is there anyone out there that can teach me how to do this? -- Dave Peterson If you record a macro while doing you will get something you can boil down to something like this. Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & [wbtoget], Origin:=437, _ StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _ ...

Spreadsheet opens ready to send it outlook
Someone messed up my spreadsheet. When I open it all the data is there but at the top of the spreadsheet is the "To" and "CC:" field to send via email. This must be a setting that someone clicked; how do I fix it. Thanks. Anthony Click on the E-Mail button in the standard toolbar Odie "Anthony" wrote: > Someone messed up my spreadsheet. When I open it all the data is there but > at the top of the spreadsheet is the "To" and "CC:" field to send via email. > This must be a setting that someone clicked; how do I fix it. &g...