Can't Open Shared Calendar in Public Folder

I have OL 2007 running on exchange server 2003.  Here is the
scenario:

1. Created new calendar in public folders.
2. Gave "owner" permission to all users in outlook.
3. Trying to open the calendar to view as an overlay of my calendar.
4. Clicked on my calendar and then clicked on the calendar icon on
the
bottom to list available calendars with checkboxes.  The new calendar
in the public folders is not there.

Do I need to open the shared calendar first?  If so, I can't seem to
find it when I click "open shared calendar".

Thanks!

0
mtbcpa (55)

did you add it to the public folder favorites?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have OL 2007 running on exchange server 2003.  Here is the
> scenario:
>
> 1. Created new calendar in public folders.
> 2. Gave "owner" permission to all users in outlook.
> 3. Trying to open the calendar to view as an overlay of my calendar.
> 4. Clicked on my calendar and then clicked on the calendar icon on
> the
> bottom to list available calendars with checkboxes.  The new calendar
> in the public folders is not there.
>

> Do I need to open the shared calendar first?  If so, I can't seem to
> find it when I click "open shared calendar".
>

> Thanks!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/18/2007 2:33:14 PM
On Aug 18, 7:33 am, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> did you add it to the public folder favorites?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "mtbcpa" <mtb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >I have OL 2007 running on exchange server 2003.  Here is the
> > scenario:
>
> > 1. Created new calendar in public folders.
> > 2. Gave "owner" permission to all users in outlook.
> > 3. Trying to open the calendar to view as an overlay of my calendar.
> > 4. Clicked on my calendar and then clicked on the calendar icon on
> > the
> > bottom to list available calendars with checkboxes.  The new calendar
> > in the public folders is not there.
>
> > Do I need to open the shared calendar first?  If so, I can't seem to
> > find it when I click "open shared calendar".
>
> > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Got it.  Thanks!

0
mtbcpa (55)

Can not open folders containing emails. Says server not availble
I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not available. Contact your administrator." What version of Outlook? What type of email acount/profile was created for Outlook to use? Did this work before? "Gil Moorman" <Gil Moorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:821C5535-AAD2-4C13-9BD4-C9EE4BB2798A@microsoft.com... > I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying > "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not a...

How to open workbook from workbook template without hardcoding
Hi Thanks for the answer to my previous question but I left out a vital point sorry. Could anyone tell me how to open a workbook from a workbook template, where both files are in the same folder, without hardcoding the path. I have tried code like this without success. Workbooks.open (Thisworkbook.path & "\somefile.xls") This code works fine when opening a workbook from another workbook, but not from a template. Thanks in advance Mick If the file that contains the code was based on a template, then you're going to have to save it before it has a .path property. (If y...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

Sharing Contacts 10-06-06
How do you view shared contacts in your outlook contacts folder? i am sure this is just a New user stupic question... Thanks! -- Jhenderson_Marketing By shared contacts, do you mean CRM contacts? If so, then clicking CRM > Synchronize should sync the CRM contacts you can see into your Outlook contacts folder. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jhenderson_Marketing" <JhendersonMarketing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F343F867-87E1-4FB9-8F29-6DC0D0829FF6@microsoft.com... > How do...

Deleting 1 folder across multiple Mailboxes
We created a duplicate junk mail folder and want to delete it across multiple mailboxes. Is there a utility that will do this or do we need to open each mailbox individually? We have 1200 mailboxes. Thank you Exmerge.exe will do this...it is available at download.microsoft.com. "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:886F1600-5F60-43F1-9F64-968C2F0FB115@microsoft.com... > We created a duplicate junk mail folder and want to delete it across > multiple > mailboxes. Is there a utility that will do this or do we need to open > each &...

Templates in excel start folder not working
I'm developing an excel app which stores it's code in a template. I would like to place this template somewhere that is visible to all users, which the excel documentation suggests is the "xlstart" folder. When I place my template in this folder it does appear in the list when I try to create a new document, but I can not actually create a document from it (clicking on the template name has no effect). Any ideas on what's going on? The same template works fine if I put it under my documents and settings template directory. I'm using Excel 2003 Pro SP1. - Rick Do ...

Why are my calendar entries deleting automatically after 6 mos.
I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening? It's caused by either your Auto Archive settings or your PDA settings. Marbeck wrote: > I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my > calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening? Are you syncing with a PDA or smartphone? That is the typical cause... otherwise, check your autoarchive settings - tools, options, other, autoarchive and also on the folder properties. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutor...

Can't Open Calendar
Hello, User can not view her own calendar. The right pane says folder can not be displayed. Also, there is no checkbox next to her "My Calendar" only a small calendar icon. In addition, if she opens a shared calendar (also just has calendar icon, no checkbox), she can then go back to her calendar that now has a checkbox and open it. I don't understand why she has to go through all of these extras steps just to open her calendar. When she closes Outlook or goes back to her mail view, her calendar goes back to having the calendar icon and no checkbox and she can not op...

Calendar at bottom ofBills Summary page not showing on Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Hello, How do I turn on the calendar at the bottom of the bills summary page in Money Plus Premium (Version 17.0.125.1415) on 64-bit Vista? If I restore the backed up file from 64-bit Vista Ultimate to 32-bit Vista Ultimate on my laptop, I see the calendar. The 'show calendar' box in the lower left is checked in Money Plus Premium (Version 17.0.125.1415) on both operating systems. On 64-bit just blank page with date in oversize font in upper right. On 32-bit the calendar. Can some one help with the cure? Thanks, in advance, Saul ...

Deleted Anonymous user in Calendar
Hi there, One of my users deleted the anonymous user in the Calendar permissions, and now cannot show his time as being blocked off with generic coloured bars for free/busy times. We are running Exchange Server 2003. We have tried the Symprex tool with no luck, and re-creating an "anonymous" user has not worked. Thanks, Alex What version of Outlook? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36D20FE1-BE0A-4588-BC23-AE47B0B9D8F0@microsoft.com... &g...

Calendar in textbox
Hi Masters, I need a form with 31 labels, 2 combos (year/month) . how can i make labels like calendar, according year/month combo? how show diferent colour saturday/monday? thanks a lot Henderson -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201004/1 On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:50:33 GMT, "Marcelo Henderson via AccessMonster.com" <u27810@uwe> wrote: Here is an example: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hi Masters, > >I need a form with 31 labels, 2 combos (year...

Error when I open Outlook 2000
Error when I open Outlook 2000 (Windows 98 SE): OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0167:3a456262. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=3a456262 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000004 SS=016f ESP=0056eba8 EBP=0056ebb8 ECX=0056ebc0 DS=016f ESI=006900d0 FS=4747 EDX=00000005 ES=016f EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 10 85 c0 7c 07 8b c6 5e 5d c2 04 00 33 c0 eb Stack dump: 006900d0 3a456278 0056ebc0 006902f0 0056ebd0 3a45cfd2 00ff0bc0 fff9721b 00584240 00690314 0056ebe4 3a45d100 00ff0bc0 00000000 00584240 0056ebf4 ...

popup calendar with multiple months
I currently have popup calender in Excel to fill in cells with the date. I would like to be able to view 3 months at a time How can I change my set up to allow this. ...

sending document content to excel to open it
Hi! I'd like to write an application that stores excel-sheets in a database. Now I need to open that document, but i don't want to buffer it on the harddisc, because that's confidental data. Thanks for support Joe ...

Shared file doesn't share
We have a shared file that now gives us a message that someone else is in the file and do we want to open as read only. Anybody know what might cause this? Well... YOu can set the file to read-only by right clicking on the file and choose the properties dialog box to avoi getting this error message. THis will prevent you from modifying the file kanan ...

Exchange calendar update tool does not work
Hi I need help on this. I installed exchange calendar tool on a windows XP. At first it works, but now it does not work any more. First, I run Msextmzcfg.exe and it works. I got batch file and input file. I created a defualt outlook prifile which user has full mailbox access and send as permission on all maiboxes on the exchange server. When I run the batch file, Msextmz.exe will open outlook serveravl time base on how many users in the input file. But it does not open all the users' mailbox, it only repeatly open the default user mailbox. So the TZmove.exe will only run on the defualt use...

PDFs won't Open from Spreadsheet anymore
Hi Group Am using an Excell Spreadsheet to store my ebook collection (various formats), PDF, DOC, TXT, EXE etc. using the HYPERLINK function. Worked fine for years until recently, now I can't open PDFs, it tells me "No Program registered to open this file". Other formats open fine. Adobe Reader 8 is assigned to open PDFs in WE/Tools/Folder Options/File Types Any ideas anyone? Regards, Ron ================================= www.MinsterEbooks.co.uk the ebook site with a difference. Samples - "Try Before You Buy". ================================ ...

Moving public store to NAS
I want to move the public store of my Exchange 2003 server to a Network Attached Storage server. However when I attempt to do this I get a message that the storage must be directly attached. Is there a way to get around this and where can I get that information to do it? Hello, Exchange files/databases must be on disks directly attached or on disks considered as "local disks". =>So, you need a driver/software or Nas solution that emulates local disks. Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCELÒ MVP Exchange, SQL/Server MCSE2003+M,MCSE+I,MCDBA,MCSA2003+S http://webfamilial.dyndns.or...

moving deleted items to a new folder disappear-why?
I want to move deleted items to a new "deleted item folder"i.e "deleted 021910. When I perform this step-many times the deleted items that I think move actually disappear. Where do they go? Why does this happen? At the same time a "new message" opens up looking for me to send an e-mail to some one and attached to this "new message" are multiple attachments. this is really stange. I need help. Craig "craigandmel" <craigandmel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E2C3AAF-0433-41E2-A5D4-2803C3F44D86@mic...

Very frustrated with public folder permissions
I'm new to Exchange and have run in to a roadblock trying to set up public folders company. I quickly read through several different manuals on how to manage public folder permissions and the concept seemed simple enough. Yet when I try to implement access controls only the settings I place on the "Default" entry in the permissions dialogue box take effect. For example: I have a top level public folder called "Sales and Support" and want to add one database, "Customer Database." If I create the top level folder in Outlook or in ESM the resulting default c...

2003 Front End Server not passing along messages to Public folders homed on 2003 backend server.
Shortly after we migrated from exchange 5.5 to 2003, our ability to create new public folders with the expectations of receiving external email has been non-existent. We are able to address the public folder internally and the public folder will receive the email from internal accounts only. When we attempt to send to the public folder from outside the organization from say a hotmail account the mail will placed in the local delivery queue on the front end server until the time limits expire and a NDR is returned to the sender. This is not a universal problem, for the public folders created p...

"select folder to export from": No folder to select
I cannot see any folder to select in the window "Select folder to export from", when trying to export contacts per the steps at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-10017934-68.html , Also, I cannot click or browse to any folder outside that window either. Any ideas of what to try next, or of the reasons why i can't replicate the steps that others seem able to do? You'll need to provide at least some information. A minimum would include: 1. Outlook version 2. Information store (if you don't know then state your mail account type) 3. Precise you steps you used ...

Download mail and forward to a public folder
Good morning, I need to download a POP3 external account and forward the mail downloaded to a public folder. I thought to use POP3 connector however how can i send mail to public folder? I tried to set internal Prova@net.local...if I use outlook to send mail it works. If I use pop3 connector it dosn't work. Why? Please...help me Thanks Claudio On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:52:46 +0200, "Burini Claudio" <Info@NoMail.com> wrote: >Good morning, > > I need to download a POP3 external account and forward the mail >downloaded to a public folder. I though...

Public folder hangs outlook for some.
I have a bunch of public folders configured as calendars They are subfolders one level off the root ie: Public folder roo ->calendar ->calendar ->calendar They all have the same ACLs as their root folder One calendar hangs outlook for certain users, myself included I am also the owner on the folder that hangs outlook My acls are 2 users (owners) and 2 groups (one author and one editor) Strangely, this folder does not hang in OWA I checked the system logs on the exchange server but there are n errors for this issue. Other errors are for mail enabled p...

assign task from public folder
I am willing to have a task public folder to centralize all the task of my users. I find it impossible to assign a taks to someone from a public folder ? How can I manage to do this? Thanks Cyril ...