Can't Open Outlook #12

I have tried so many "fixes", nothing seems to work. I'm using Outlook 2003
on a Vista laptop.

Here's the error message"Unable to open your default email folders. The
information store store could not be opened"

I've tried, new profiles, uinstalling, safe mode etc.

Any sugestions
0
Ralph6683 (34)

What we need to know is what information store you are using and how you
configured Outlook to connect to it. We also need to know the steps that
created this behavior.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried so many "fixes", nothing seems to work. I'm using Outlook 2003
> on a Vista laptop.
>
> Here's the error message"Unable to open your default email folders. The
> information store store could not be opened"
>
> I've tried, new profiles, uinstalling, safe mode etc.
>
> Any sugestions

0
russval1 (2100)
4/25/2008 8:41:41 PM
I'm really a novice at this. I don't know what is meant by "information store"
I only know what the eror message said

I set up AOL using an IMAP type to connect, if this is what you meant. Could
you be more specific.

Thanks for youre reply

Ralph
"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> What we need to know is what information store you are using and how you
> configured Outlook to connect to it. We also need to know the steps that
> created this behavior.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried so many "fixes", nothing seems to work. I'm using Outlook 2003
> > on a Vista laptop.
> >
> > Here's the error message"Unable to open your default email folders. The
> > information store store could not be opened"
> >
> > I've tried, new profiles, uinstalling, safe mode etc.
> >
> > Any sugestions

0
Ralph6683 (34)
4/25/2008 9:06:01 PM
"Information store" is the data file that Outlook uses. Since you posted in
an Outlook group, I naturally assumed you were using one of the native
transports and data files that Outlook supports. Turns out, you are using a
third party transport with its own proprietary data file. Accordingly, you
question should be directed to AOL, not Outlook.
--
> I'm really a novice at this. I don't know what is meant by "information
> store"
> I only know what the eror message said
>
> I set up AOL using an IMAP type to connect, if this is what you meant.
> Could
> you be more specific.
>
> Thanks for youre reply
>
> Ralph
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> What we need to know is what information store you are using and how you
>> configured Outlook to connect to it. We also need to know the steps that
>> created this behavior.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have tried so many "fixes", nothing seems to work. I'm using Outlook
>> >2003
>> > on a Vista laptop.
>> >
>> > Here's the error message"Unable to open your default email folders. The
>> > information store store could not be opened"
>> >
>> > I've tried, new profiles, uinstalling, safe mode etc.
>> >
>> > Any sugestions

0
russval1 (2100)
4/25/2008 9:20:06 PM
Russ,

I have access to both an AOL account and a Road Runer Account. The Road
Runer account is a POP3 account. When I deleted my AOL profile and put in my
Road Runner Profile I got the same error message that I wrote above. I'm
using the same Outlook 2003 program and it'[s working fine on my desktop
computer(XP).I've even tried copying the .pst file from one computer to
another, alas still won't open.

Do you know of any way I can uninstall Office 2003 from where I got the
Outlook, as a clean fresh uninstall and than start over i.e, removing all
Registry entries etc.
I do have back ups of all my data files.

Thanks for any sugestions

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "Information store" is the data file that Outlook uses. Since you posted in
> an Outlook group, I naturally assumed you were using one of the native
> transports and data files that Outlook supports. Turns out, you are using a
> third party transport with its own proprietary data file. Accordingly, you
> question should be directed to AOL, not Outlook.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm really a novice at this. I don't know what is meant by "information
> > store"
> > I only know what the eror message said
> >
> > I set up AOL using an IMAP type to connect, if this is what you meant.
> > Could
> > you be more specific.
> >
> > Thanks for youre reply
> >
> > Ralph
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> What we need to know is what information store you are using and how you
> >> configured Outlook to connect to it. We also need to know the steps that
> >> created this behavior.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Ralph6683 (34)
4/26/2008 12:20:00 PM
Uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook won't help a thing. All your profiles'
registry settings will remain.
Creating a new profile correctly and connecting it correctly to an intact
PST file will fix this issue. You must not be doing that. We still have no
idea what you are doing or how you disrupted the connection between your
Outlook profile and your data file.
--
> Russ,
>
> I have access to both an AOL account and a Road Runer Account. The Road
> Runer account is a POP3 account. When I deleted my AOL profile and put in
> my
> Road Runner Profile I got the same error message that I wrote above. I'm
> using the same Outlook 2003 program and it'[s working fine on my desktop
> computer(XP).I've even tried copying the .pst file from one computer to
> another, alas still won't open.
>
> Do you know of any way I can uninstall Office 2003 from where I got the
> Outlook, as a clean fresh uninstall and than start over i.e, removing all
> Registry entries etc.
> I do have back ups of all my data files.
>
> Thanks for any sugestions
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> "Information store" is the data file that Outlook uses. Since you posted
>> in
>> an Outlook group, I naturally assumed you were using one of the native
>> transports and data files that Outlook supports. Turns out, you are using
>> third party transport with its own proprietary data file. Accordingly,
>> you
>> question should be directed to AOL, not Outlook.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm really a novice at this. I don't know what is meant by "information
>> > store"
>> > I only know what the eror message said
>> >
>> > I set up AOL using an IMAP type to connect, if this is what you meant.
>> > Could
>> > you be more specific.
>> >
>> > Thanks for youre reply
>> >
>> > Ralph

0
russval1 (2100)
4/26/2008 1:29:34 PM
It sounds like the road runner mail was being stored in the AOL IMAP
folder - when you removed AOL, it removed the folder and you need to go to
File, New, Outlook data file.

AS an FYI, AOL does not use any proprietary gunk - its pure IMAP now, which
outlook supports as well it does any other IMAP account.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/26/2008 2:14:39 PM
(which isn't saying much.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message

- its pure IMAP now, which > outlook supports as well it does any other IMAP
account.

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

russval1 (2100)
4/26/2008 3:34:10 PM
Yeah, its not very good as an IMAP client. :)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> (which isn't saying much.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>
> - its pure IMAP now, which > outlook supports as well it does any other
> IMAP account.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

outlookmvp1 (464)
4/26/2008 3:45:02 PM
Diane,

Thanks for getting back. This problem of mine has been frustrating beyond
belief.

I even used some command switches and got back the same error message cannot
open default folders.Information store will not open. When setting up an IMAP
the "Testing Connection" doesn't seem to appear.

This entire problem started when I attempted to add a connection to an
exixting profile. At that point the program seemed to freeze and than I
started on this round.

My main account is through AOL and I've used IMAP settings. This works fine
on my desktop computer. I can't understand why this problem on my laptop.

Do I understand you to mean that Outlook cannot be cleanly reinstalled at
any time?

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

> Yeah, its not very good as an IMAP client. :)
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > (which isn't saying much.
> >
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> >
> > - its pure IMAP now, which > outlook supports as well it does any other
> > IMAP account.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

0
Ralph6683 (34)
4/27/2008 12:30:00 PM
uninstalling /reinstalling won't fix anything that Help, Detect and Repair
(or Office Diagnostics) won't fix. There are files left behind under your
windows under acct folder that won't be removed in an uninstall.

have you tried making a new profile? go to control panel, mail and add a new
profile. (leave the existing one in place for now.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Diane,
>
> Thanks for getting back. This problem of mine has been frustrating beyond
> belief.
>
> I even used some command switches and got back the same error message
> cannot
> open default folders.Information store will not open. When setting up an
> IMAP
> the "Testing Connection" doesn't seem to appear.
>
> This entire problem started when I attempted to add a connection to an
> exixting profile. At that point the program seemed to freeze and than I
> started on this round.
>
> My main account is through AOL and I've used IMAP settings. This works
> fine
> on my desktop computer. I can't understand why this problem on my laptop.
>
> Do I understand you to mean that Outlook cannot be cleanly reinstalled at
> any time?
>

> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
>
>> Yeah, its not very good as an IMAP client. :)
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > (which isn't saying much.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Russ Valentine
>> > [MVP-Outlook]
>> > "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > - its pure IMAP now, which > outlook supports as well it does any other
>> > IMAP account.

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/27/2008 9:57:00 PM
....as posted yesterday.
--
> uninstalling /reinstalling won't fix anything that Help, Detect and Repair
> (or Office Diagnostics) won't fix. There are files left behind under your
> windows under acct folder that won't be removed in an uninstall.
>
> have you tried making a new profile? go to control panel, mail and add a
> new profile. (leave the existing one in place for now.)
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Diane,
>>
>> Thanks for getting back. This problem of mine has been frustrating beyond
>> belief.
>>
>> I even used some command switches and got back the same error message
>> cannot
>> open default folders.Information store will not open. When setting up an
>> IMAP
>> the "Testing Connection" doesn't seem to appear.
>>
>> This entire problem started when I attempted to add a connection to an
>> exixting profile. At that point the program seemed to freeze and than I
>> started on this round.
>>
>> My main account is through AOL and I've used IMAP settings. This works
>> fine
>> on my desktop computer. I can't understand why this problem on my laptop.
>>
>> Do I understand you to mean that Outlook cannot be cleanly reinstalled at
>> any time?
>>

>> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, its not very good as an IMAP client. :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
russval1 (2100)
4/28/2008 12:31:01 AM
Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm really a novice at this. I don't know what is meant by
> "information store" I only know what the eror message said
>
> I set up AOL using an IMAP type to connect, if this is what you
> meant. Could you be more specific.

If you're using an IMAP account, then Outlook is probably complaining that
you haven't created a default folder set.  IMAP folders can never be the
default folders, so Outlook needs a PST (Personal Folders file) that can be
the default.  In Control Panel, run the Mail applet and click the Data Files
button.  What do you see?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/28/2008 11:39:18 AM
Brian,

I'm a little confused. I do run Outlook on my main desktop computer using
AOL as my default mail. I use the same exact settings and still can't open
the program.

Nevertheless, on this computer(laptop running Vista) I did set up another
account using POP3 through Road Runner.
 And still won't open However I did what you suggested and checked the data
file and this is what it showed:

Personal Folder C:\User\Ralph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook4.pst

Is there anyway I can open the Outlook program without email accounts just
to get to my address book?
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm really a novice at this. I don't know what is meant by
> > "information store" I only know what the eror message said
> >
> > I set up AOL using an IMAP type to connect, if this is what you
> > meant. Could you be more specific.
>
> If you're using an IMAP account, then Outlook is probably complaining that
> you haven't created a default folder set.  IMAP folders can never be the
> default folders, so Outlook needs a PST (Personal Folders file) that can be
> the default.  In Control Panel, run the Mail applet and click the Data Files
> button.  What do you see?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Ralph6683 (34)
4/28/2008 1:33:02 PM
Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm a little confused. I do run Outlook on my main desktop computer
> using AOL as my default mail. I use the same exact settings and still
> can't open the program.

I never said the IMAP account could be the default account.  I said the IMAP
folders can't be the delivery location folders.

> Nevertheless, on this computer(laptop running Vista) I did set up
> another account using POP3 through Road Runner.
> And still won't open However I did what you suggested and checked the
> data file and this is what it showed:
>
> Personal Folder
> C:\User\Ralph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook4.pst

And is that PST the one used for the delivery location?

> Is there anyway I can open the Outlook program without email accounts
> just to get to my address book?

A new mail profile with no email accounts should work.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/28/2008 6:46:49 PM
I had a little more success. I deleted all my mail profiles. The program than
openned with a Welcome screen saying "Welcome to Outlook? would you like to
open an email account. I filled in "no"  the next screen showed and than this
error message appeared " Unable to open email folder. Outlook could not start
because a data file to send and receive emails could not be found.To add a
data, double click on the mail folder icon in Window control panel.

I did that and than the same old message came on saying unable to open
default folders. Information store could not be found"

At this point I'm more than willing to just have my address book and have
the account open. Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Ralph

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm a little confused. I do run Outlook on my main desktop computer
> > using AOL as my default mail. I use the same exact settings and still
> > can't open the program.
>
> I never said the IMAP account could be the default account.  I said the IMAP
> folders can't be the delivery location folders.
>
> > Nevertheless, on this computer(laptop running Vista) I did set up
> > another account using POP3 through Road Runner.
> > And still won't open However I did what you suggested and checked the
> > data file and this is what it showed:
> >
> > Personal Folder
> > C:\User\Ralph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook4.pst
>
> And is that PST the one used for the delivery location?
>
> > Is there anyway I can open the Outlook program without email accounts
> > just to get to my address book?
>
> A new mail profile with no email accounts should work.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Ralph6683 (34)
4/29/2008 11:41:16 AM
Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I had a little more success. I deleted all my mail profiles. The
> program than openned with a Welcome screen saying "Welcome to
> Outlook? would you like to open an email account. I filled in "no"
> the next screen showed and than this error message appeared " Unable
> to open email folder. Outlook could not start because a data file to
> send and receive emails could not be found.To add a data, double
> click on the mail folder icon in Window control panel.

With Outlook closed, go into Control Panel, run the Mail applet, click Show
Profiles, then Add to add a new profile whose name is different from any
existing profile, then click the Data Files button to add a PST (since you
need one even if you have no mail account).  Select the option to always
choose this new profile so that it always opens.  Do all this prep before
starting Outlook.  Close out of the Mail applet and start Outlook.  You may
be asked if you want to create a mail account.  Answer No.  Outlook should
open with a full set of folders but no account.  You'll get the choice to
continue with the no mail configuration.  If you have an existing PST with
contacts in it, use File>Open>Outlook Data File to open it.  Open its
Contacts folder, select all the items in that folder with Ctrl-A, then click
Edit>Copy to Folder, specifying the default Contacts folder as the
destintion.  Do this with any folder in the old PST that contains data you
want to keep, like the Calendar (although you'll need to display it in a
table view before Ctrl-A will work).  When you have all the data you wish,
right-click the old PST's root and choose Close.

I tried all this myself, so I know it works.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/29/2008 12:13:55 PM
Brian,

I did everything you said, I went to mail applet ect. I did not create a
mail account.

I got back the original error message "Unable to open your default email"
"The information store could not be openned"
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I had a little more success. I deleted all my mail profiles. The
> > program than openned with a Welcome screen saying "Welcome to
> > Outlook? would you like to open an email account. I filled in "no"
> > the next screen showed and than this error message appeared " Unable
> > to open email folder. Outlook could not start because a data file to
> > send and receive emails could not be found.To add a data, double
> > click on the mail folder icon in Window control panel.
>
> With Outlook closed, go into Control Panel, run the Mail applet, click Show
> Profiles, then Add to add a new profile whose name is different from any
> existing profile, then click the Data Files button to add a PST (since you
> need one even if you have no mail account).  Select the option to always
> choose this new profile so that it always opens.  Do all this prep before
> starting Outlook.  Close out of the Mail applet and start Outlook.  You may
> be asked if you want to create a mail account.  Answer No.  Outlook should
> open with a full set of folders but no account.  You'll get the choice to
> continue with the no mail configuration.  If you have an existing PST with
> contacts in it, use File>Open>Outlook Data File to open it.  Open its
> Contacts folder, select all the items in that folder with Ctrl-A, then click
> Edit>Copy to Folder, specifying the default Contacts folder as the
> destintion.  Do this with any folder in the old PST that contains data you
> want to keep, like the Calendar (although you'll need to display it in a
> table view before Ctrl-A will work).  When you have all the data you wish,
> right-click the old PST's root and choose Close.
>
> I tried all this myself, so I know it works.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Ralph6683 (34)
4/29/2008 1:12:01 PM
Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I did everything you said, I went to mail applet ect. I did not
> create a mail account.
>
> I got back the original error message "Unable to open your default
> email" "The information store could not be openned"

I'd say you have something outside of Outlook incorrectly configured on your
system; possible Windows user profile issues or file ownership problems.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/29/2008 6:25:34 PM
He should create a mail account first. Outlook may require that before it
can create a data file.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I did everything you said, I went to mail applet ect. I did not
>> create a mail account.
>>
>> I got back the original error message "Unable to open your default
>> email" "The information store could not be openned"
>
> I'd say you have something outside of Outlook incorrectly configured on
> your system; possible Windows user profile issues or file ownership
> problems.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
russval1 (2100)
4/29/2008 8:21:14 PM
Now you can understand my total frustration. Other than a total uninstall I
don't know what to do, other than give up on the program. I wouldn't know
where to look if this is a problem outside of Outlook. My other programs seem
to work fine with no problems.

Let me know id you want to give up on this. I guess I have the option of
paying Microsoft for help.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I did everything you said, I went to mail applet ect. I did not
> > create a mail account.
> >
> > I got back the original error message "Unable to open your default
> > email" "The information store could not be openned"
>
> I'd say you have something outside of Outlook incorrectly configured on your
> system; possible Windows user profile issues or file ownership problems.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Ralph6683 (34)
4/29/2008 9:04:02 PM
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <russval@gmail.com> wrote:

> He should create a mail account first. Outlook may require that
> before it can create a data file.

No, because I created a no mail account profile.  The PST created and opened
just fine with no account.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/30/2008 12:05:43 PM
Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Now you can understand my total frustration. Other than a total
> uninstall I don't know what to do, other than give up on the program.
> I wouldn't know where to look if this is a problem outside of
> Outlook. My other programs seem to work fine with no problems.

What I'd do were this happeneing to me would be to create a new Windows user
and see if the behavior was different for that user.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/30/2008 12:06:36 PM
I will give it a try and let you know,

Thanks

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Now you can understand my total frustration. Other than a total
> > uninstall I don't know what to do, other than give up on the program.
> > I wouldn't know where to look if this is a problem outside of
> > Outlook. My other programs seem to work fine with no problems.
>
> What I'd do were this happeneing to me would be to create a new Windows user
> and see if the behavior was different for that user.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Ralph6683 (34)
4/30/2008 12:36:00 PM
I can not send emails from outlook.  It will receive them but not send them
out. can you help me.  My website provider is go-daddy.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> ...as posted yesterday.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> > uninstalling /reinstalling won't fix anything that Help, Detect and Repair
> > (or Office Diagnostics) won't fix. There are files left behind under your
> > windows under acct folder that won't be removed in an uninstall.
> >
> > have you tried making a new profile? go to control panel, mail and add a
> > new profile. (leave the existing one in place for now.)
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >

> > "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Diane,
> >>
> >> Thanks for getting back. This problem of mine has been frustrating beyond
> >> belief.
> >>
> >> I even used some command switches and got back the same error message
> >> cannot
> >> open default folders.Information store will not open. When setting up an
> >> IMAP
> >> the "Testing Connection" doesn't seem to appear.
> >>
> >> This entire problem started when I attempted to add a connection to an
> >> exixting profile. At that point the program seemed to freeze and than I
> >> started on this round.
> >>
> >> My main account is through AOL and I've used IMAP settings. This works
> >> fine
> >> on my desktop computer. I can't understand why this problem on my laptop.
> >>
> >> Do I understand you to mean that Outlook cannot be cleanly reinstalled at
> >> any time?

0
Bhuff1 (3)
4/30/2008 1:38:01 PM
I know that's always worked with earlier versions, but wasn't sure it would
work as reliably with Outlook 2007 since it is the least forgiving version
yet in managing and creating PST files.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <russval@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> He should create a mail account first. Outlook may require that
>> before it can create a data file.
>
> No, because I created a no mail account profile.  The PST created and
> opened just fine with no account.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
russval1 (2100)
4/30/2008 8:48:01 PM
Bhuff <Bhuff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I can not send emails from outlook.  It will receive them but not
> send them out. can you help me.  My website provider is go-daddy.

So, what happens when you try?  What version of Outlook are you using?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

I finally got around to opening a new User account in Vista. IT WORKED!!!

I can now open Outlook, my "mail test" went through with no difficulties

The only thing I havde to do now is reset all my stuff under the new User
name.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the end.

Thanks again,

Ralph
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Now you can understand my total frustration. Other than a total
> > uninstall I don't know what to do, other than give up on the program.
> > I wouldn't know where to look if this is a problem outside of
> > Outlook. My other programs seem to work fine with no problems.
>
> What I'd do were this happeneing to me would be to create a new Windows user
> and see if the behavior was different for that user.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Ralph6683 (34)
5/3/2008 12:16:00 PM
Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I finally got around to opening a new User account in Vista. IT
> WORKED!!!
>
> I can now open Outlook, my "mail test" went through with no
> difficulties

Glad to hear it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

owa cant open ppt attachments

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

outlook 2007 e-mail

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03