Can't open attachments in Outlook Express

I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed
access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the
name of the attachment is shown.

I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed?
Or is this a setting problem?

I need some help ASAP as I have students who are
depending on me for some answers

Thank you very much
0
anonymous (74722)

Tim wrote:
> I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed
> access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the
> name of the attachment is shown.
>
> I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed?
> Or is this a setting problem?
>
> I need some help ASAP as I have students who are
> depending on me for some answers
>
> Thank you very much

Tools-Options-Security
And PLEASE do a google search before posting - you would have found several
THOUSAND answers to this question going back many months.

Also please note:
this newsgroup is for support of Outlook
97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products.  Outlook
Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name.

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or
an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.  If you're
accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.  Good luck!

0
me9 (928)
10/18/2003 9:55:28 PM
G'Day Tim,

As a rule, try to get your students to Compress(Zip) Files
and THEN attach them. You could do the same yourself.

In the long run, you will all save - its safe and smart, and
your e-mails will be smaller.

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291387
for more information on OE 6.0.

I use WinZip, See: https://secure.safesite.com/cgi-bin/wzc1?wza
for pricing - a single user licence is $US29, but if you organise
your students you can a site licence for less (For 50 Users -
$14 each).
--
Hope This Helps,

Pat Garard.
apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau

"One look is worth a thousand rumours."
                                           Wen Hou, Warring States Period.
"Look twice!"
                                           Pat Garard, 2003.

0
Pat
10/19/2003 4:44:09 AM
You still around, Old Bean?
Ever thought of being constructive, Old Chap?
Even the MVPs are not as Crusty at You!!
--
Chin Chin,

Pat Garard.
garardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau

"One look is worth a thousand rumours."
                                           Wen Hou, Warring States Period.
"Look twice!"
                                           Pat Garard, 2003.

0
Pat
10/19/2003 4:47:28 AM
Pat Garard wrote:
> You still around, Old Bean?
> Ever thought of being constructive, Old Chap?
> Even the MVPs are not as Crusty at You!!

Ah the con oz.

0
me9 (928)

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Reminders in Outlook