Can't open any calendar items

This morning, I woke to discover that I could not open or create any
appointments. I see them in Calendar view, the various Open and New commands
show available, but invoking them does nothing. I can create new email
messages, contacts, notes, tasks...but no appointments.

I can point to nothing that has caused this, and am hoping that there is
something I can try before resorting to a reinstall.

Anyone...?

Rick A.
Pleasanton, CA

0
rick.a1 (31)

Are you using a .PST file?  If so, try running the Inbox Repair Tool against
it to see if it finds any errors.  Search your drive for a file called
scanpst.exe and run it.  Allow the program to make a backup of your file
before it makes any changes.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Rick Altman" wrote:

> This morning, I woke to discover that I could not open or create any
> appointments. I see them in Calendar view, the various Open and New commands
> show available, but invoking them does nothing. I can create new email
> messages, contacts, notes, tasks...but no appointments.
>
> I can point to nothing that has caused this, and am hoping that there is
> something I can try before resorting to a reinstall.
>
> Anyone...?
>

> Rick A.
> Pleasanton, CA

where can I get the 2010-2011 academic calendars?
I can only get 2009-2010 ore previous years academic calendars but not 2010-2011 academic calendar. Where can I get one? MFY wrote: > I can only get 2009-2010 ore previous years academic calendars but not > 2010-2011 academic calendar. Where can I get one? There is *one* in the MS templates collection; because there is no link yet for 2010-2011 calendars, it's stuck in the 2009-2010 group. To go directly to it, use this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300084441033.aspx?CategoryID=CT102853591033 -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP ...

Calendar reminder in Outlook 2003 unchecks itself when user logs out
When a particular user logs off, his default reminder button unchecks itself. At first I thought it was a profile issue, but I tried changing his profile (adding items to desktop) and logging off/on. The desktop changes are there, but the outlook 2003 calendar default reminder button is unchecked. ...

Printing Labels (Receipts) For Each Item On Work Order
I need to print labels containing Ship to Address, Item Look up Number and description. Each Item Needs an Individual Label With All of This Information and the Number of Labels Printed Should Reflect The Quantity From a Work Order. I am attempting to do this as a receipt. I am looking at code from existing receipts and trying to cut and paste what I need from diffrent receipts into one that may suite my needs. I am no XML pro to say the least. If anyone knows a better way or has more experience with XML and may wanna help I would appreciate it! ...

adding items to the action pane in GP 10
We need to offer the capability to add additional windows to the "Go To" button in the Action Panes, beyond the (very) limited options currently available. For example, in the Accounts view of the Financial Center, there is no way to Add to the "Go To" a link to the "Actual vs. Budget Inquiry Window". Lacking this feature requires the user to either return to the Financial Center page, or to use the drop -down menus (Inquiry >> Financial >> Actual vs Budget). Either approach requires the user to re-enter the account number, essentially starti...

Suggestion: Print all items on pick ticket
We have a need to print all items on pick tickets, not just those items in stock. Please provide a method for removing this restriction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/d...

Offline DB Items don't fully sync with Online DB
When I'm in Online mode I can see all of my items. If I go into Offline Mode, several items are not there. These items were added several months ago, and the two databases have been sync'd successfully over that time. Qtys are updated, Cashier Info is updates....everything looks good except for about 20 items (out of about 1000). No obvious clues among the items that don't make it over. Appears to be random. This is my second install so whatever you can suggest would be appreciated. -- Consultant ...

I cannot open Publisher
Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open Publisher. I continue to get a message that reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is full" on and on when I try to open Publisher. I have not been able to find any information on the support pages regarding this particular message. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from skiefer <lvcfstscott@enter.net>... > Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open > Publisher. I continue to get a message that > reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is f...

Undo dirty form after opening popup form
I have a subform within a main form. On the subform is an option group with three option buttons. When you click on any of the option buttons a popup form opens to which the user inputs a date. I need the user to be able to click a cancel button on the popup form that would close that form without saving changes and undo changes on the underlying subform (i.e. return the option button to it's original selection) that initiated the popup. Can someone help me with the right syntax to use in the code? Thanks much! I tried this behind the click event of the "Cancel" button on t...

How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another?
Hello How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another? I'm tempted to say "Drag & Drop them" but you might have already tried that... "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:ezxf2$e5FHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another? Yes, I have already tried that. They do not follow. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:Og2ZHGf5FHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm tempted ...

MS Project Calendar in Excel?
When I'm entering dates in Project, there is a drop down menu that brings up a Calendar box. Is there anyway that I can have the same thing in Project? Is there some kind of plug-in available? Thanks, -Kevin. Hi Kevin Microsoft has one here: http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/CalExcel.htm and Orlando has one here. http://cpap.com.br/orlando/#Calendar Try also a Google search for "excel calendar control": http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=excel+calendar+control -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only pleas...

Opening Word 2007 Files
One of my co-workers is having a problem in opening Word 2007 files. He can open them directly in Word, but can open any by double clicking the file Icon in Windows Explorer. She insists there is something wrong with Word 2007, in the way files are created and saved and is quite animated to all of her other co-workers on this subject. I really need to solve this issue - does anyone have any experience with this sort of a problem. I thank you Carl I think that the file associations might be messed up. Find a Word file on the computer in question and right click it. Look fo...

Calendar not syncing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange My calendar in Entourage is not syncing with my Exchange server. This only came to light once I setup my iPhone with my Exchange account and saw that most of my appointments for this month were not there. Logging into OWA also confirmed that Entourage and Exchange were not talking. <br><br>I emptied my local Calendar cache to try and reset the sync. This seems to have worked but of course I've lost a lot of appointment details that were in Entourage but did not sync to Exc...

Printing recurring appointments on Calendar Printing Assistant
I wanted to "overlay" my calendars from Outlook into one calendar and print it out using Calendar Printing Assistant (CPA). But, the CPA does not print the recurring appointments from my calendars. Does anyone know how to print the recurring appointments on CPA? Does CPA even have this feature? Thank you! The issue might be fixed by having all the latest free Microsoft updates for your version of Outlook... see: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx If this doesnt fix the issue, then consider using Wincalendar instead of CPA. It converts your Outlook...

Error messgae trying to open Outlook 2003
I have just got a blackberry and am trying to set up outlook to use with it. I have had my computer 5 years, but have never tried to use outlook before. When I click on it, I get the following error message "The extension configuration file c:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\addins\fldpub.ecf could not be installed. There is an error in the syntex or format of the file" This is then followed by "Unable to alter your defualt email folders. Create a new profile, make it your default by selecting it, and then clicking Always use this Profile". When I try to open...

Word document sent by Mac client lost encoding when opened in OWA
When a Macintosh users sends a Word or Excel document(with the proper Windows extentions) the Word document loses its encoding when you try to open it with the OWA. The Excel document is unrecognized. When you open the message with an Outlook client on Windows or Mac the attachments are fine. ...

Allen Browne's Calendar Control
I am attempting to use Allen Browne's calendar control located at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html But I am getting the following error when I click on the calendar button: "Compile error: Can't find project or library" The Yellow debug arrow points to the following lines of code: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Form_Open_Err 'Initialize to the existing date, or today if null. If IsDate(gtxtCalTarget) Then Me.txtDate = gtxtCalTarget.Value Else Me.txtDate = Date End If With "Date" after the equals ...

Can Money2004 slow IE6 opening?
Hi, Did a search of the group but saw nothing about this. Just downloaded Money 2004 trial to check if I want to switch from Quicken. Like most of what I see but...since installing IE6 almost seems to hang when I open it both from the executable or from a link -- it really slowed and Money is the only change. Can there be a connection? P4-1.5, XPhome Thanks, Gerry --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.509 / Virus Database: 306 - Release Date: 8/12/2003 ...

Automatic opening folders of unread email
I use to be able to assign a designated folder where an email is stored upon receipt. That folder then opened so I would know that I had unread mail. Now the folder does not open, and I am unaware of the fact that I have new, unread email. Does anyone know how to set this feature up? ...

Calendar Sychronization
Hi to everyone I have in the outlook two calendar. One from exchange server and one from the archive files. All my inputs are in the main calendar of exchange server. There is any possibility, when i am adding something in the main calendar to copy automatically, or sychornise with the calendar of archive folder, so everything to be updated in the second calendar? Thanks in advance Manos;115227 Wrote: > Hi to everyone > > I have in the outlook two calendar. One from exchange server and one > from > the archive files. All my inputs are in the main calenda...

Rule is copying item instead of moving it
I have a .inbox (. to make it come first in the list) and a receipts folder under my personal folders. I've created a rule to move anything with "read:" in the subject to the receipts folder on my personal. Then I have some rules to move anything else (3 rules, one for each importance to capture all e-mails) to my .inbox. The receipts move rule is putting items in the receipts folder but it also leaves a copy in the .inbox (indicating that it's getting captured in the 2nd set of rules). I specifically run the receipts rule first so it's taken care of but I can&#...

"Operation Failed' while opening attachments in outlook
When the users try to open email attachments using Outlook 2000, an error message appears as "Operation Failed". Users can send and receive messages without attachments. Even when users forward some message with attachment, same error appears. Exchange 5.5 Enterprise and outlook 2000 are the Email server and client s/w. This could be an indication of "logicalcorruption" of the private information store database. You can run isinteg-fix -pri -test alltests until you get 0 warnings 0 errors 0 fixes. This usually means two runs and the IS needs to be down for this to...

Excel Query Opens Source
All, I am one of several offices supported by a purchasing group. This purchasing group maintains the status of all purchases in an Excel workbook. They will not open up the workbook for all. I have convinced them to let me create a workbook that queries theirs and returns just my offices purchases. They will have given everyone access required so that the query will work. As long as the exact location is not readily available and all of the data is not available, they are happy. Everything worked great for two weeks, but a week ago when the data is refreshed, the entire source workbook is o...

Line Item Comment Text On Forms
Good morning. I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoices). At present, this field shows but only 4 lines of text and only so wide. I would like to get infinite lines of text with the field growing or shrinking as need be on the form. Would appreciate any advice here. cheap ugg > On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:50 AM Mark Plaideau wrote: > Good morning. > > > > I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoi...

Item Code
Hi, In Item listing in Smartlist, I found a column for Item Code. This is distinct from Item Number and I could not find this in any menu, report or input screen. Maybe I am not seeing well enough. Does any one know the functionality of Item code while we already have Item number? Thanks CarlG My understanding is that the Item Code field is not currently being used and is planned to be used for international (non-US) versions of the software. "CarlG" wrote: > Hi, > > In Item listing in Smartlist, I found a column for Item Code. This is > distinct from Item Num...

Returning the price of an item
I need to have Excel return the price of an item when I enter it. I work with lists and I frequently type in an item and then I manually enter a price for the item. The cost of the item is known, I just have to look it up in a book and then manually type in the price. Is there a way to create a table, using two columns, one with the item description, one with the price I want returned in my spreadsheet? That way I make only one entry and the computer returns the proper price for me. Thanks, Randy Hi Randy It sounds like VLOOKUP might do the trick. Put your data into a table, on a sepe...