Can't insert a zip file

Every now and again outlook won't let me insert a zip
file. When i go to insert i get open instead of insert.
this only happens for zip files. If i close outlook and
re-open it i can then insert a zip file. Any assistance
in resolving this would be greatly appreciated. I am
using Office XP Pro.

Sounds like you are running Windows XP.  Only way around it is to install
something like WinZip, WinRar, .etc or de-register the the libraries (DLL
files) that treat zips like folder.

"scott" <scott.barber@pip.com> wrote in message
> Every now and again outlook won't let me insert a zip
> file. When i go to insert i get open instead of insert.
> this only happens for zip files. If i close outlook and
> re-open it i can then insert a zip file. Any assistance
> in resolving this would be greatly appreciated. I am
> using Office XP Pro.

0
neo5748 (288)
8/25/2003 2:14:37 AM
I have got winzip install V7. How would i go about de-
registering the libraries.

Thanks in advance

0
scott6998 (1)
8/26/2003 11:29:39 PM
to deactivate/unregister:
regsvr32  /u zipfldr.dll
regsvr32 /u  cabview.dll

to activate/register:
regsvr32  zipfldr.dll
regsvr32  cabview.dll

"scott" <scott@home.com> wrote in message
> I have got winzip install V7. How would i go about de-
> registering the libraries.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
neo5748 (288)

Transferring a file
Hi, I want to transfer a file generated from great plains to a FTP server ,i don't know how to acess a FTP through dexterity . please advice Thanks in advance Interesting scenario... I think I'd look at finding a COM object/library or ..Net assembly that could do the communicating, and use that. Haven't needed something like that, but I'm sure they're out there. If not, I guess you could roll your own, if you know another programming language as well. There's on-line help and manuals on talking to external libraries. The fun will be getting that extern...

Where can I find the file ABC Sales.xls used in the Book "Running.
I have just purchased "Running Microsoft Excel2000". It gives me an address to where I can get the files used in the examples, I just can't find them. The address given is http://mspress.microsoft.com/mspress/products/2050. I would appreciate any help you can give me. camper56 wrote: || I have just purchased "Running Microsoft Excel2000". It gives me an || address to where I can get the files used in the examples, I just || can't find them. The address given is || http://mspress.microsoft.com/mspress/products/2050. I would || appreciate any help you can give me....

Save as text file, but with full headers
I want to save quite a few messages as text file, but I want to save them with full headers. Is this possible? ...

Lotus Files
I have Lotus spreadsheets that Excel won't open. They are {filename}.123 files. How can I open them in Excel? Excel does not have a filter for .123 files so you have to convert them to a format Excel can read, like XLS or WK4, in 1-2-3 itself, or get a conversion program like Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Dianne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02e001c496ad$95655050$a401280a@phx.gbl... |I have Lotus spreadsheets that Excel won't open. They are | {filename}.123 files. How can I open them in Excel? ...

Importing a file from Excel to Outlook
Have an Excel document with one column containing several hundred e-mail addresses. I would like to import these addresses into an Outlook Contacts Folder I created. I followed the procedures to accomplish this as outlined in HELP. However, when I reach step 5 (e.g., select the destination folder) there are no choices listed. My options at this point are to clcik the go back button or the cancel button??? 1 - On the File menu, click Import and Export. 2 - Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next. 3 - Select the type of file to import. 4 - Click Browse, ...

opening files on network problem
i am running excel 2002 on windows xp pro and my server is 2000. when ever i open an excel file up on the xp machine, it opens two instances on the server. then if i close the files and go to reopen it says the file is already open as it only closes 1 instance on the server. this is only happening with excel and not with word or access docs. any ideas ???? ...

Outlook consumes Page File...
Hi there, When I go to use Outlook, it goes and slowly increases the usage of the Page File to the point where the machine becomes extremely slow. The computer otherwise is fine, it's just when I use Outlook from Office XP that it does this. I tried starting Outlook Safe Mode and still does the same thing. How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon Gordon J. Rattray <gords@shaw.ca> wrote: > When I go to use Outlook, it goes and slowly increases the usage of > the Page File to the point where the machine becomes extremely slow. > > The computer otherwise is fine, it...

synchronizing desktop/laptop PST file
What's the easiest way to have my laptop Outlook profile to look exactly as my desktop in terms of same folders? On the laptop, there are folders and messages that I do not want there anymore, and I don't want to have go in and manually remove them all as I did on the desktop. So, just want to have an exact copy of the desktop now to reside on the laptop. What is the best way to accomplish? See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be ...

how can I open a file with a .pub extension (w/o Publisher)?

I need the "Program Action" used to open EML files in OE...
The new SpamKiller doesn't work quite right many times and it saves "Blocked" EML files on my hard drive but doesn't always "Rescue" them properly. So, when I click on the EML file it opens in Outlook Express. To fix that I changed the "Application used to perform action" under Explorer | Tools | File Types | EML to point to Outlook instead of Outlook Express. Of course, I found out that doesn't work. So I changed it back to what I thought it was but apparently I was wrong and now clicking on an EML file opens Outlook Express but doesn't open th...

Outlook 2003 set up (Reg file)
Is there a regfile anywhere that I can use to set up a new user's mailbox automatically. We run exchange 2003 and office 2003. Basically the whole desktop setup is automatic, except for this part. I have to log in as them, open outlook and tell it servername and username. Seems like such a small step, there's got to be a way to automate it with %username% and an entry for servername... Have you looked at the Office Resource Kit for some instructions for installing Office via a Custom Installation or a GPO? http://office.microsoft.com/ork --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Insert Code
I have some VBA code that I would like to insert into an excel worksheet With ActiveCell.Columns .EntireColumn.Copy .EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False End With Application.CutCopyMode = False I thought all I would have to do is create a macro, use the macro editor and paste in this code instead and run that macro, and this code would run instead.....Thats not working.......how do i run this code?? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200510/1 Try this .....

Inserting A Blank Line, Again
Below is an example of text data imported into Excel. Would it be possible to insert a blank line between the different races times as displayed below? Again, the data varies. The data is imported into A2. There is other data in columns B & C. I am able to sort the times with the help of Pete (UK). 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:10Newton Abbot 2:10Ne...

VCF file:
I do need helping with VCF file on Outlook.. Can you explain me about this file? Thanks. Sincerely, David Johnson What do you specifically need help with? And in what version of Outlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "David Johnson" <david099@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:qGdDd.2121$v76.1532@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I do need helping with VCF file on Outlook.. Can you explain me about ...

READ ONLY FILE IN USE BY ME!
Please help! Everytime I open up a file it says that the file is in use by me! I know I don't have it open already. Thanks! I don't know what causes that (I suspect it has something to do with computer crashes), but when it happens to a coworker...I contact our network admins and have them bounce that person off the file. Then all is well again. Hopefully, that will work for you, too. -- Regards, Ron Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a ...

i couldn't open my excel files,it gives location couldn't find err
Hi, i am trying to open my excel files but it gives me the following error: "If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu,make sure that the file has not been renamed,moved of deleted." But if i renamed the same file to some other name then it works.so please tell me how can i fix this problem. Thanks & Regards, Hozefa How are you trying to open the file? Are you double clicking on it in windows explorer? Or are you using File|Open and choosing the file? Or are you using File, then clicking on one of the files at ...

How to find the differences between 2 Excel files???
Given 2 excel files with identical fields, how can we find out the differences between the records?? For example, in file1.xls, ID Name Amount 1001 N1 A1 1002 N2 A2 1003 N3 A3 in file2.xls, ID Name Amount 1001 N1 A1 1002 N2 A2 1004 N4 A4 i.e. File1 - File2 will yield record with ID 1004, and File2 - File1 will yield record with ID 1003?? any operations in Excel can do that?? Please advice. Thanks!!! John, http://users.skynet.be/onderland/Excel.htm 7....... Vergelijken records. Luc "John Davis" <jrefactor@hotmail.com&g...

I need a shortcut to make a excel file open to a specific sheet
I need to know how to modify an excel shortcut to make a file always open to a specific named "intro" sheet. You can use a macro: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=338 ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "EAHRENS" <EAHRENS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CEF8135-5F57-400F-B5AF-9A11396110A8@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to modify an excel shortcut to make a file always open >to > a specific named "intro" sheet. Try doing it within the files workbook_open event in the ThisWork...

insert a break in X axe
Hi all!! I have a question for you! Suppose you have the following value in the X axe 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 now suppose I need to skip numbers 5,6,7 from the chart and replace them by // or something similar. In breaf I would like to shrink the x axe. How would you do that? I hope I have been clear enough! Thanks fab A spelling correction axe => axis Sorry "Fabrizio" <niobio@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uN9qESYPEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all!! > > I have a question for you! > > Suppose you have the following value in the X axe 1,2,...

Importing/Recovering Outlook PST files
I had to to transfer files from my old machine to my wife's not so old machine and in copying files I exported my email (inbox and sent) in their respective directories as PST files, remembering from long ago that just copying the files did not work. I did this with the thought of importing the files back into the newer machine. Silly me. When I tried to import the data back I got the named directory but void of any data. So, any suggestions? The exported files do have the data represented by the file sizes, but my effort sot access the copied files has been for naught. &quo...

Can you display Recently Opened documents at the bottom of the File menu?

File name equal cell contents
Is it possible to make an Excel (2003) template (or a macro in the template) to save a file with a specific cell-contents as file name? For example an invoice-template where a cell contains the invoice number. I want it to automatically save the file as "invoice-number".xls in default file location. Thanks... :-) Hi in a macro sub save_it() dim fname with activeworkbook fname = .worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value & ".xls" ..saveas fname end with end sub "-tinka" wrote: > Is it possible to make an Excel (2003) template (or a m...

File format not valid message
I have Excel 2000 office. Created a workbook document and saved it in Excel. Now when I try to open it the message "File format not valid comes up". What do I do to open the document in Excel workbook format. You have damaged your file file. You may be able to recover data but the first thing I would do is to copy your file and to work from the copy of the file. Always check the file with your virus scanner and anyone else who attempts to open your file should do the same. Open Notepad and drag the file to the notepad, if you can see text that is a good sign. You may be abl...

Reading and writing GIF and PNG image files?
Is there any standard built-in way to do this in Visual C++? I would guess the most "standard" way would be the CImage class: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bwea7by5(VS.80).aspx http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/com-tech/atl/graphics/article.php/c3597/ but there are certainly a lot of other ways: http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/cximage.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/ Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:dY0%h.33133$OT4.16136@newsfe19.lga... > Is there any standard built-in way to do this in Visual C++...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. #3
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...