Can't get rules to run.

I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the rules manually and they will move the mail.

I have this rule (for example
Apply this rule after the message arrive
from some@email.address
    and on this machine only
move it to the somefolder folde

I  have tried deselecting on this machine only

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Do you have an Exchange service in this profile?  Are you using Cached
Exchange Mode?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Marc G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a
| pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific
| folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous
| versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the
| rules manually and they will move the mail.
|
| I have this rule (for example)
| Apply this rule after the message arrives
| from some@email.address
|    and on this machine only
| move it to the somefolder folder
|
| I  have tried deselecting on this machine only .
|
| Thanks.

0
MillyS4407 (663)
2/28/2004 8:11:21 PM
No, I am not using exchange, there is no exchange profile.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/28/2004 9:16:08 PM
I am also have problems getting the Rules to run, but they are in Outlook
2002 (XP).  My company marks spam with [SPAM], so I have Outlook toss all of
these into the deleted folder.  The Rule worked fine with Outlook 2000, but
now in Outlook 2002 it only works automatically about 50% of the time.  If I
go to the Rules window to run it manually, I can see Outlook in the
background performing the rule before I push the manual button.  It's kind
of annoying.

I do have an Exchange server.  Can you tell me more about the Cached
Exchange Mode?  I don't see that in the help file.

J.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutsendingmemail.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Do you have an Exchange service in this profile?  Are you using Cached
> Exchange Mode?
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
> Marc G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
> | I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a
> | pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific
> | folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous
> | versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the
> | rules manually and they will move the mail.
> |
> | I have this rule (for example)
> | Apply this rule after the message arrives
> | from some@email.address
> |    and on this machine only
> | move it to the somefolder folder
> |
> | I  have tried deselecting on this machine only .
> |
> | Thanks.

I have a P4 with hyperthreading. I disabled hyperthreading and viola, the rules now work as expected.
Any insight into this?

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding mail to my blackberr.
I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook continues to try to forward my mail and sends out responses that the e-mail is undeliverable. How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding my mail? "MSOB" <MSOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EC7EB6-1118-455E-AD62-6DE3D8A3A19E@microsoft.com... >I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through > vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook > continues to try...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

Rules gone crazy!
When I create a rule to move mail sent to a second e-mail account into a specified folder I follow the steps listed at the end of this post. However, when I choose the email acount I'm interested in (we'll use New email and Old email as the accounts) it changes on me. In other words, let's say I want a rule that sends my Old email messages to an Old Email folder, I follow the correct steps and then press ok. When I go back to look at the rule afterwards, the email account shows New email, instead of Old email. No matter how many times I change it back or punch the wal...

office sr1--how do I get it?
Can anyone tell me how to get Office 2000 SR1, 2? I went to the office web site and ordered it but I got a few days later saying my order has been cancelled. Does anyone have it? I have SR3 (got that easy as pie). My wife and I have been having weird things going on with Outlook (constant crashing and error report dialog boxes appearing--fortunatey, we can still work with those boxes up, but it's annoying). http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/journ/sr1a.htm Don't forget the additional updates available ;-) -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Offi...

Rules Wizard #53
After installing office 2003 which connects to MS small biz server when i select the Rules Wizard its just flashes up and disapears again, i have tried the repair option and even installed a new copy of Office on this XP machine and it still wont work, it works ok on the other PC's in the office, thanks in advance of any help i can get ...

Exchange 2003 is getting hit hard as a relay
I am looking for the correct settings to stop my home exchange server from being a mail relay. What i am seeing? I see many emails sent out to people that show it was sent from my email address. I thought Exchange 2003 did not allow this by default? Please help. Exchange 2k3 isn't an open relay by default. Do you have Exchange aware antivirus software? Have you tried turning off authenticated relay in your SMTP server settings as well? Jeremy Hillin wrote: > I am looking for the correct settings to stop my home exchange server > from being a mail relay. > > What i am s...

Run-time error 432
I'm getting a run-time error 432 when trying to open some areas of a VB program in excel. This program works on some machines and not others. We all have the same version of excel and our settings seem to be the same. Does anyone have any idea where I can start to look for the reason this is happening? Thanks Kevin After doing a search of Google, you may like to try this solution... Go to... http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/dao360.dll/03.60.8618.0/download.html download and install file.... Then go to RUN and type: Regsvr32C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Dao360.dll ...

Function doesn't run
In my spreadsheet, I have the following function =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the cell. How do I fix this problem? Format the cell as General and re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Justin" <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote in message news:1165596899.059148.31580@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... | In my spreadsheet, I have the following function | =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) | However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the | cell. How do I fix th...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Outlook Inbox running tally of e-mails in it
HELP ! This should be simple for someone but not me. I used to have a number on the left side of my screen when in my in-box that would tell me the total number of e- mails in my inbox (normally around 200-300). This was not JUST the new ones which are reflected on the folders line. It was at the bottom of the page and would change immediately if I deleted or added one. I lost the number and want it back. How do I do that? Thanks for any help anyone can give ! Cindy view - status bar "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bb901c3deda$1...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Outlook VBA to Extend a Native Rule
I am looking for some VBA code to do the following: You receive an email like: TID(123) This is the subject The email goes to your inbox as usual, but since it's a "TID(" it moves it to its matching folder on the network: \\myserver\myemail\TID(123)? Thanks for any code examples, methods, or suggestions. RBollinger This is the 3rd time you posted this. Have you taken a look at my answers already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ...

Get a Sony Laptop
Get a Sony Laptop with Genuine windows7 Premium For more details http://jobinfoworld.webnode.com ...

Run time error 429 at startup of pos
we uninstalled epson opos adk to install newer version. now when we try to open pos, we get an activex run time error 429. anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? JohnnyBoy, Try re-installing the RMS program as the Epson uninstall must have wiped out something RMS needed. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System...

Subtracting dates to get hours... but I want to skip weekends
In column A I have start times (DD/MM/YY HH/MM/SS) and in column B I have the stop times. I am measuring the hours from the difference of these columns for each row, in column C. However, I would like to exclude weekends from the subtraction. I.e Friday 5 pm is the start time, Monday 8 am is the stop time, then the difference would be 15 hours instead of 63 hours. I know how to convert the fractions returned from the difference, into hours/minutes/days, and I also know how to convert dates to "day of week", so unless you guys know of a good idea I was just going to sort the file...