Can't Generate Out-of-Office Response

Using SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002, when we set Outlook to
generate an Out of Office response, none is generated. How can I rectify
this?

Thanks!

Larry
--
Larry Lentz, MCSE+Internet & W2K, MCDBA
GoldMine Certified Professional

0
Larry6411 (6)

Office PE 2003 for Windows 7
I have just purchased a new laptop preinstalled with Windows7 After installing Office PE 2003, I'm getting the below problems 1) EULA acceptance window pops up every time I start a new Office Program. 2) My passwords do not get saved and I have to key them in everytime I use Outlook and IE. Does anyone have the same problem ? And does anyone have a fix for it ? Thanks PE ? Passwords in Outlook; depends whether you migrated data from another system or you performed a new setup of Outlook IE has nothing to do with Office "Clem" <Clem@discussions.microsof...

generating GUID reliably
Hi all, In my MFC app I generate GUID using the CoCreateGuid() API function. This function is a wrapper of UuidCreate(). This function (CoCreateGuid()) failed on one of my customers PC. I suspect PC network card problem or something related. My idea is that if CoCreateGuid() fails, I could generate the GUID using UuidCreateSequential(), which does not request network card. The problem is, that there is no wrapper for UuidCreateSequential(), so I do not knowhow to call it from c++. Any ideas? Thanks for reading Vaclav I really don't know if that is going to solve the problem. B...

Microsoft Office 98 (education version)
I have a power mac G3 beige which I have the Microsoft Office 98 (education version) installed in the computer. I recently purchased a power mac G4 and when I install Microsoft Office 98 into the G4 computer it read that I need to have an update within 10 days. At that time I did not have the funds to purchase the updated version yet. Now, I have the funds to purchase the updated version. My question is should I just installed the software into my G4 again then click on update. Then go on from there or any additional information will be helpful. Thanks. ...

Who hates Office 2007? And why did you switch?
I switched and hate it. The menus are all wrong. Takes too long to learn where everything is. Don't see any speed improvements over 2003. Why did I switch? I guess because I felt it would be an improvement. RL And it took even LONGER with the old menu system. RayLopez99 wrote: > I switched and hate it. The menus are all wrong. Takes too long to > learn where everything is. Don't see any speed improvements over > 2003. > > Why did I switch? I guess because I felt it would be an improvement. > > RL On Dec 15, 1:15=A0pm, Bob I <bir...

Office v.X and Tiger
Anyone know if Office v.X for the Mac has any problems on Tiger. I'd rather not update if I didn't have to. Thanks. Duane Johnson. So far I think we've just seen one report of problems with font-smoothing, under "Re: Word X for Mac & Tiger & Font changes" in the MacWord group. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word But I'm pretty sure not too many people have tried it, as the early adopter crowd probably isn't still using Office X. I think you'd have better luck using Google for the web and Google groups rather th...

AppleScript to access Office Live?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there some form of AppleScript that would make it easier to access and publish documents to Office Live from within Office: mac 2008, or would it be easier to wait on Microsoft to release a Office Live update to Office: mac 2008? Thanks! Nathan parkernathan@officeformac.com wrote: > Is there some form of AppleScript that would make it easier to access > and publish documents to Office Live from within Office: mac 2008, or > would it be easier to wait on Microsoft to release a Office Live > update to Off...

Does CRM 4.0 work well with Office 2003?
Hi all, We're looking at upgrading from CRM 3 to 4.0. Most of our users are at MS Office 2003 and we'd like to keep that way for now. I understand 4.0 is supposed to be "compatible" with MS Office 2003 but I've been researching the issues. Are there any known compatibility issues between CRM 4.0 and MS Office 2003? Will using 2003 instead of 2007 cause any loss of functionality in CRM? (Such as disabling the tracking token.) Thank you, Mohamed Both Outlook 2003 and 2007 works fine with Microsoft CRM 4.0. We have a mix of Outlook versions being used everyday for the l...

Best way to work with desktop/Notebook Office 2003 Pro
I'll like to find out what's the best way to work with my desktop/laptop? How can I synchronize contacts - emails?? Profiles??? I'm using Office 2003 Pro. ...

Cannot open or save office files to USB hard drive on Airport Extreme.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, All of a sudden I can not open or save Office files (Word, Excel) to my WD USB hard drive that is connected to my Airport Extreme. If I copy the file to my Macbook I can open it, but I can't save it back to the USB HD. I can open all other types of files from the USB HD These are the error messages Word - word cannot complete the operation because too many files are open Excel - Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space. I have over 200GB...

Office 2008 monaco 9 pt anti aliased
Anyone have 2008 and can get monaco 9pt and tell me if it is not busted like it was in the Office 2004? Anyone who has 2008 legally is not allowed to tell you anything. Anyone who has 2008 "illegally" is unlikely to admit it where the police are watching, now are they? :-) On 9/11/07 6:13 PM, in article 1194592426.391034.177780@k35g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "formulateaffinity" <formulateaffinity@gmail.com> wrote: Anyone have 2008 and can get monaco 9pt and tell me if it is not busted like it was in the Office 2004? -- Don't wait for your answer, click he...

Microsoft Office Access can't send this e-mail message
Hello all I have an access application with some forms. Everything has been working fine until yesterday when one of my users got the following error: "Microsoft Office Access can't send this e-mail message" One of the form in the application has a button where the user clicks to send a file via e-mail (format .snp). The way it works is a new outlook window opens and a file gets attach, the user then can send the e-mail to whoever he/she wants. I have been doing some reading and it looks like it has to do with the Outlook security, but im not quite sure since this (the button...

Advanced find to select Accounts with "interested" campaign responses.
Hello. Hopefully someone may be able to help with this query. I need to be able to run an advanced find query that returns every account who has a campaign response for a particular campaign, where the response code is "interested". I've tried several approaches to this, and whilst I can return all accounts that are on a particular marketing list, where is has been applied to a particular campaign, I can't get it to work to only include accounts with an "interested" campaign response logged against that campaign. I've tried things based around the following ...

Help Not Working Correctly in Office 2003
Hello. I've have Word and Excel 2003 installed on a machine running Windows XP 64-bit Version. When I enter a term in the Help windows in either program, I get a complete listing of Help topics from Office Online as one would expect. However, when I click on any of the links I get one of several failures, as follow: 1) the Help window will pop up, but it will be blank, or 2) a message telling me that "You chose to end a nonresponsive program, Microsoft Office 2003 component. The program is not responding", or 3) a message stating "Error Starting MS Help&quo...

From MS Office 98 to 04
Just wanted to confirm that if I have Office 98, I can upgrade to 04 and not have to buy the full version. This is what I read in earlier posts, or at least what I understand them to say. My 98 is my own...I bought it in that year. I can only use it on OS 9 and now I have 10.4.8 so I'd like an MS Office that can be run on my new Operating System! Can anybody advise me? Thanks, you'll save me a bundle! Much obliged...Eric See for yourself: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=upgrade Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 11/23/06 9:22 AM, in article 1164...

SBS 2008 server with remote branch office
Hi All, Here's my setup.. Company's New York main office running SBS 2008 Premium on 1 Dell PowerEdge T710 server with about 10 users. 2nd Windows 2008 server license not being utilized. Company is opening up a remote branch office in LA which needs to be connected back to the New York office server in every way possible. My question is, what would be the best way to effectively synchronize the two offices. I know about Outlook Anywhere, SharePoint, and remote desktop...but is something like Direct Access (SBS 2008 R2) worth looking into in an SBS 2008 environment? ...

Office 2004
Two things are driving me nuts about my Office X: - When I command-tab out of Entourage, more often than not, the frontmost window gets sent to the back. This is terribly annoying because most of the time when I'm command-tabbing, I'm going to Finder to select a file I need to attach to an e-mail I've just written. - Office X won't let me put slashes in filenames and won't allow filenames longer than 31 characters. I'll refrain from snide remarks, but clearly, this is a bug, not a feature. Does anybody know if these items have been addressed in Office 2004? If not, t...

Run an excel file in other PC without Office installed
Hi, Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn=B4t have office installed like in Access where you can create an autoexec. Thanks!! You can download a free Excel Viewer from the MS site best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters "1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message news:20a97d5d-c42e-4bcf-bd4c-6c559f7b3229@b7g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn�t have office installed > like in Access where you can c...

Why doesn't it response?
I write a program,Look: void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { ClientToScreen(&point); CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point); char ss[100]="hello"; if (pWnd) { HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss)); } CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point); } I find when the mouse move this program itself,the caption can set "hello",but when the mouse move out of this program to another window,the other window doesn't response, could you tell me how to let anothe window can response?Thank you. Le...

Screwed up on MS Office install. Please Help
I realize this was my own stupidity but I didn't know Mac included a test drive version of MS Word soooo... when I installed Office 2004 on a friends new Mac G-5 OS 10.4(sweet machine by the way!)of course word wont open. It wants to upgrade the old installation but refuses to accept any of the word or office folders I select. I have tried using the remove office tool in the test drive package and reinstalling but no joy! Anybody know what I should do now to get this to work? TIA tj In article <1116127079.204162.12130@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "jonzy" <redi4u@hot...

Generating random numbers from a given range
I want to generate 4 random numbers from a range of 1 through to 24. Each number has to be different from the other 3 though. Is there a way to do this? How about: Sub pickum() v1 = randbetween(1, 6) v1 = v1 & Chr(10) & randbetween(7, 12) v1 = v1 & Chr(10) & randbetween(13, 18) v1 = v1 & Chr(10) & randbetween(19, 24) MsgBox v1 End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Darren" wrote: > I want to generate 4 random numbers from a range of 1 through to 24. Each > number has to be different from the other 3 though. Is the...

Office Assistant character file?
How do you install an Office Assistant character file? Depends if you are on Office 2003 in which case you can only use the assistants already installed "billcamp" wrote: > How do you install an Office Assistant character file? Thanks for your reply. I am afraid I dont know what Office Assistant is. I'll have to do some research and see if I can find out what this is all about. For example: I dont know how to get into the Maintenance Mode. Is there a good book that might help? Thanks again, William (Bill) Camp "DB Queen (Not)" wrote: > Depends if you a...

Microsoft Office 2008 WILL NOT INSTALL!!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel For some odd reason, I can't install Microsoft office. I enter the product key and select the destination. Then i click install but it doesn't do anything! It stops for a second and just stays there. What is going on? Can i fix this? On 7/5/09 7:10 PM, in article 59b7798f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "illmatic87@officeformac.com" <illmatic87@officeformac.com> wrote: > For some odd reason, I can't install Microsoft office. I enter the product key > and select the destination. Then i cl...

New Emails have double Spacing in Office 2007
Everytime I create a new email in OUtlook 2007 it double spaces. Any way to change this? Thanks Ron ...

Office XP: Outlook 2 at SP3
Receiving Message when trying to send an email: The operation failed. An Object could not be found. I'm current with all the maintenance. Any sugestions? ...

Office 2007 post installation test scenarios
We have successfully installed Office 2007 and would like to perform pilot testing with users. Does anyone have a testing scenario document which includes: 1. A scenario to ensure that Outlook is working ok. 2. A scenario to ensure that Word is working ok. 3. A scenario to ensure that Access is working ok. 4. A scenario to ensure that Excel is working ok. 5. A scenario to ensure that Publisher is working ok. and any other scenarios used to validate that Office 2007 is installed and working properly. ...