Can't find unread mail.

I get an "unread mail" message when I log in with XP (Home Edition Service
Pack 2).  In Outlook I can not find any unread e-mail messages.  I'm using
Office Professional 2003.  Please advise.
0
FXC (1)

Hi
please read http://www.andreas-roeder.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156

--
Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch
Bravestar2004@Arcor.de

"FXC" <FXC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I get an "unread mail" message when I log in with XP (Home Edition Service
> Pack 2).  In Outlook I can not find any unread e-mail messages.  I'm using
> Office Professional 2003.  Please advise.

Edit/Add to E-Mail Filter
Is there a way to add to or edit the info in the junk e- mail filter for outlook? McCue <bobbie@midcogen.com> wrote: > Is there a way to add to or edit the info in the junk e- > mail filter for outlook? Nope. You can add to the Junk Senders list, however. -- Brian Tillman ...

Mail downloading again after restoring Oulook.pst file.
I had backed up my Outlook.pst file before restoring it after formatting my hard drive. Now, all my emails download from Yahoo servers although they are already in my outlook inbox. Is there a way Outlook can realise the mail that had already been downloaded in the past? "moha" <moha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F052C9D1-C2F2-453E-B03C-35BDACC0600D@microsoft.com... >I had backed up my Outlook.pst file before restoring it after formatting my > hard drive. Now, all my emails download from Yahoo servers although they are > already in my ...

E-mail as legal documents
I am currently being sued by a man who claims that e-mails I sent him constitute a legally binding contract (this is under UK law). The e-mails that the claimant is presenting have, I believe been edited after the event and/or been created totally ficticiously. Unfortunately I no longer have the laptop on which the e- mail communication between us was stored so I do not have records and am having to rely on the rules of disclosure of evidence. To date all the solicitors involved seem quite happy to accept that because the claimant has e-mails on his PC and print them out then thes...

Parsing Filtered mail
I receive a number of e-mails daily with the same format, but different content that I filter into a folder. I would like to run something (what that is, I do not know) that would be able to go through the mail in this folder and extract certain information from each e-mail and write it to a database. The e-mail is identical, the data is not. I would think that a utility could be scripted to copy certain portions from the e-mail. Does anyone know of something that might work for this? I am open for suggestions, Fro. Funny enough, this is exactly what I spent a portion of this week set...

Unreadable attachments #2
I have friend who forwards messages from MS Outlook. They arrive in my attachment directory with the label "file". I am able to open and read it using an app named Quick View Plus, but others, who use Outlook, Outlook Express, etc. can not read them. The messages consist of an unbroken string of letters. I don't want to paste the complete attachment, because it includes a number of email addresses, which probably should not be shared. I am understand there may be a setting in Outlook that "may" be the cause. This friend is a highly educated, very nice person,...

outook 2007 today -- unread message indicator in public folders do not appear
In outlook 2003, I hade public folders showing up in outlook today. There was a counter that showed how many unread messages were in the shown folders. Both public and mailbox folders such as Inbox. However, after the upgrade, the unread message counters do not work for public folders, but work for the mailbox folders. I have removed and readded. I ahve also rebooted etc. How can I get these cournters to start showing up again. They work for other peoples systems (outlook 2007). Hi Marvin It looks like there are many people including myself with this problem and MS isn't saying anyth...

Auto Signatures for outgoing e-mail don't appear when sending Acrobat files
I use an auto signature for my outgoing e-mail. If I am on an Acrobat pdf, word doc or excel spreadsheet and click File and then click send to and then click Mail Recipient as Attachment my auto signature does not appear on my e- mail message. Is there a way to have it appear? ...

Lost ability to find and display text boxes in Outlook 2003
Recently updated XP Pro to SP3, IE to 8, set security to High and applied the latest security updates from MS, now I have the Subject: problem. I have always cleaned up emails prior to Forwarding or Replying by getting rid of all the header info and the multiple 'nested' hidden text boxes contained in the email from previous Forwards. I could find these 'hidden' text boxes by moving the cursor around the screen to locate the edges of these boxes. (The cursor changed into crossed arrows.) When I clicked on that edge, the outline of the hidden box was revealed, allo...

E-mail Only
I have a customer who is asking to have 5 users setup with only an e-mail account. They don't want them accessing the network. Is it possible for someone to only have access to OWA and nothing else? Basic setup: SBS 2003 Standard 10 users. Thanks! Tim Hi Tim, Try this: (once you have the user accounts created) Server Management | Standard Management | (double click a user account in the right pane) | Account (tab) | "Log on to" Now specify just the SBS server. This should restrict the user to logging into RWW or OWA, but not let him log on loca...

Shortcut for mail accounts
Using OL 2002 SP2 on XP Pro SP1 Hi all, Is it possible to create a shortcut for the individual mail accounts that I use that will show up as icons under My Shortcuts on the left side of the UL window pane? I was looking for something along the line of what appears there with the Hotmail account that I now have. The icon will show how many emails in the account as it does in the Hotmail one. I'm trying to do this so I can monitor an account that I have at my ISP that filters spam out to a separate account. What I have to do now is open that account separately to check the volume of ju...

Small problem with mail enabled users
Hi, A have small problem on my exchange :( First, some info about the network. Everyone in the company has domain account in AD. All DCs are W2K. One Exchange is 2003 and two others 2000. Some users have mailboxes on the exchange and the others have mailboxes on the unix system. Users that have mailboxes outside the exchange organization are mail enabled users. Exchange domain is ad.mydomain.com (for example) and the global (company) domain is mydomain.com. It all have worked fine, until one of directors asked me to change the display name. So I modified schema and changed all user obje...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaa\aaaa
You're in Serious Trouble - It's a Proven Fact! FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES THERE ARE THINGS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU DELETED. !!!!BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE!!! Click here for details on the EVIDENCE ELIMINATOR Clear your computer of incriminating files that you cannot delete. www.removefiles.com THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! www.removefiles.com ew5r4325435435435435 43 543 5 435 435 43 5 435 435435 4360i0iretret=reyt-=erfgytkretretretretretretretretredfgfdgfdgfd ...

I cannot find the key to activate my Office trial!!
A 60 days trial version was installed on my Asus computer. I didn't have to download anything, and therefore I haven't registered my mail address either. How can I get the trial key? Is there an Activation Assistant shortcut on your desktop? PS registration is optional, nothing to do with activation "Mads" <Mads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA04C732-AF3A-4AC5-B817-45405E9A37E3@microsoft.com... >A 60 days trial version was installed on my Asus computer. I didn't have to > download anything, and therefore I haven't registere...

Set outlook as default mail client
When using Word 2007, get message to set outlook as default client. The instructions say go to tools, options, other, general. Then make outlook the default program for E-mail, contacts, and calendar. Problem: There is no general tab. I am trying to import contacts from Outlook to Word to make labels "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D857A80-337A-42F6-B3E1-8F2555AF1548@microsoft.com... > When using Word 2007, get message to set outlook as default client. The > instructions say go to tools, options, other, general. Then m...

Create Mail list using 'Category' field in Contacts
I am brand new to Outlook but have used other mail handlers. I do like Outlook but am having trouble with what I think should be a simple (and intuitive) operation. I have assigned a Category to each of my 500 contacts. (Some people are in multiple categories.) I want to create a mail list of just those people in (let's say) category "Demo." I cannot figure out where to go just to create that mail list. (Or stated another way, I want to send a letter to just those folks in the Demo category. How do I do that?) Roy Hi Roy, The most simpliest way is to drag the categoy...

After importing from 2004 to 2008, many e-mails are missing!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I just installed Office 2008 Business Edition on my Mac. When I opened Entourage, it automatically knew my account information and appears to have transferred e-mails from the former 2004 edition over. However, there were several e-mails missing. <br><br>I went to File > Import and followed the prompts to bring everything from 2004 over, but there are still weeks worth of e-mails MISSING entirely. Additionally, there are several calendar items that are missing as well. <br&...

How to send message to advanced find results?
Running Outlook 2003. I run an advanced query to get a list of contacts. Now I have exactly the list of contacts I want to email in the Advanced Find results dialog. Is there an easy way to send an e-mail to everyone in the results list? Thanks for your help. Select all, drag to your inbox? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Tom C. asked: | Running Outlook 2003. I run an advanced query to get a list of | c...

Eingebundene Bilder in Outlook-HTML-Mail / embedded graphics in HTML
Hallo, hier mal eine vollst�ndige L�sung zum Versenden einer HTML-Mail mit eingebundenen Bildern aus Outlook 2000. Die L�sungsans�tze sind aus verschiedenen NG's. Es ist kein CDO-Verweis notwendig! VBA-Code in MS-Access 2000 Here a complete solution for sending a HTML mail with embedded graphics via Outlook 2000. The methods of solution are from different NG's. You don't need the CDO reference! VBA-Code with MS-Access 2000 '--- Start of Code --- Public Function sendOLEmbeddedHTMLGraphic(strSendTo As String, _ Optional strSendCC As Va...

How to find Display Names that differ from form field labels
Given the fact that CRM can be customized to use a field label on the form that is different from the Display Name of the attribute, I would suggest that users be given some kind of tool to identify the Display Name and/or Schema Name when they are on the form. There are a few good reasons to have the field label differ from the display name, but users may be confused when they can't find that on the list of fields in the Advanced Find. In addition, some power users (who don't have admin rights) may create SRS reports, and therefore need the Schema Name. ---------------- This...

All mails transmitted by a distribution list to automatically stored in a Public
Is there a way to automatically store mails sent/received by users in a certain distribution list to be stored in a public folder ? -thanks in advance shiva Yes. Mail enable the public folder and add it to the distribution list. Regards, Dejan Foro dejan.foro@exchangemaster.net www.exchangemaster.net Join Exchange User Group Europe for free, post questions about Exchange, find useful Exchange links in our link library, chat with other members...See you at www.eugeurope.org/join "shiva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:be0001c489c2$6...

outlook sends mail by itself
the problem is it sends before I even have the chance to=20 type anything, it totally acts on its own, sometimes it=20 allows me to type 1 word and sometimes a few sentences=20 and then sometimes it sends when I hit the reply button=20 on a piece of mail I recieved. >-----Original Message----- >The obvious solution is to hit save when you think you=20 have finished a piece >of mail. This will save it to your drafts folder or=20 your in-box. then, >when you are sure you want to send the mail, hit the=20 send button. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post ...

Finding Info in Userforms
Hi, I am a total noob when it comes to userforms. So far I have learnt the basics like inserting a userforum, renaming text and command boxes, assigning some vb language to the cmmd buttons and running the userform. Now I would like to learn how to implent the "find" command into my userform? Also I would learn how to implement the "edit" feature to my userform so that it changes a record and saves it? I have no knowledge of VB and I am totally new to this. Please help Thanks in advance..... -- xirokx ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Junk mail filters dont work in conjuction with rules
I have recently upgraded to outlook 2003 and I have found that if I use rules, the junk mail filters dont work. I have 2 basic rules setup that move mail to specific folders depending on which account they come from. When the rules are enabled, the junk filters dont work regardless of the protection level. I have the feeling that the rules are also pulling the junk mail out of the junk folder and sorting them as when I do a large mail download, you can see mails flashing in an out of the junk mail folder. Is there any way to make the junk mail filter overide all other filters? Amit ...

Not Resolving to E-Mails Address for Me
When I send or receive e-mails that are tracked in CRM, the system doesn't seem to be be resolving my own e-mail address. For a sent message, for example, in Outllook, I go to Sent Items, double-click on an e-mail, click View in CRM, and I see either of the following messages, depending on if I'm sending or receiving: The sender's e-mail address could not be resolved to a record in the system At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system Of course I checked, and my e-mail address is in there for my Contact record. That same contact record is the P...