Can't find the News command in the Go toolbar

According to Outlook Help, if I want to connect to a news
server I should do the following:

Toolbar Options -> Add or Remove Buttons
Customize -> Commands tab.
In the Categories list, click Go.
In the Commands list, click News, and drag it to Go menu.

But I find no "News" option in this Commands list.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
John Strong

0
v-jstron (3)

I'd suggest starting by posting your Outlook version.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"John Strong" <v-jstron@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> According to Outlook Help, if I want to connect to a news
> server I should do the following:
>
> Toolbar Options -> Add or Remove Buttons
> Customize -> Commands tab.
> In the Categories list, click Go.
> In the Commands list, click News, and drag it to Go menu.
>
> But I find no "News" option in this Commands list.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> John Strong

0
russval (3097)
10/29/2003 1:56:28 AM
Version: Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606). Our team is beta
testing the next version. I suppose it is possible that
there has been a change (the News command removed?) and
the change is not reflected in the Help documentation yet.
How do you connect to news groups from your version of
Outlook?

0
v-jstron (3)
10/29/2003 4:18:34 AM
It did change in Outlook 2003. It is now necessary to select OE rather than
Outlook as the default news program in Control Panel > Internet Options >
Programs.
However, if you are then prompted by OE to make it the default news reader
when you launch it, you must answer no to that question, or else you will
lose the Go > News option again.
--
> Version: Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606). Our team is beta
> testing the next version. I suppose it is possible that
> there has been a change (the News command removed?) and
> the change is not reflected in the Help documentation yet.
> How do you connect to news groups from your version of
> Outlook?

0
russval (3097)

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

Getting find/replace and hyperlinks to work in a locked form?
I have created a Word document and turned it into a locked form. However, when the form is locked, the find/replace and hyperlink functions are disabled. Is there any way of enabling these in a locked form? I am not sure why you would need find and replace in a protected form. Protected forms are intended for data gathering, not for documents that require free editing. If you want free editing, then you should consider other methods of gathering the user information such as userforms. For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a...

pack and go #2
Hi I have created a publication which includes a link to an external data source. I need to send this to someone without Publisher. If I use P & G will this also include my linked data source object? Thanks A What version Publisher are you using? Your recipient will have to have Publisher to unpack the file. Your best solution is to use the PDF option if you are using Publisher 2007. If you use the Pack and Go there is a check-off for linked objects. Publisher will step you through the process. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Alexey" <alexey@hotmail.co.u...

How to Get Event for go in IWebExplorer2
i want to retieve currently written text in iexlorer address bar when user press enter button or click go button pls help ...

Where did my file and edit category button go?
Go to Tools > Customize > Commands Tab > Categories > Built-in Menus and drag the two missing commands to your toolbar. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JStud" <JStud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CDB953A-263A-4DC6-B95C-64B25D93176F@microsoft.com... > ...

News Groupd
I have recently installed MS Outlook 2003. I have also tried to set up the "news" function but am unable to get it to work. The HELP menu has you frag the news icon to the Go menu, but it will not do that. As soon as I try to drag it over a small "x" appears with the news icon and it will not go the the menu listing. Any ideas...? Thanks, Gary To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch...

Forwarded items go to personal folder instead of Sent Items
Hi, If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Every time one user forwards an e-mail from his Personal Folders, it does get sent to the person but instead of going into his Sent Items, it ends up in his Personal Folder. Any ideas? We use Windows XP and Outlook 2003. Thanks! Cheryl Cheryl, From within Outlook, go to tools/options/email options. Select Advanced email options and remove check from "In folders other than the Inbox, save replies with original message." mcdonald3k "Cheryl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:&l...

Exchange 2003...Queues...Find Messages...icons?
I regularily view messages that have been in the queue on Exchange 2003. If I select one of the domains of the messages in the queue and do a find messages I get a window with the various messages. The messages will have an icon beside them that varies. I am unable to find any documentation to describe the significance of the various icons under sender. Here are a few that I have seen: 1) A normal envelope 2) An envelope with a red circle around a red square in the lower right corner 3) no icon Anyone now where I can find a description of these and there significance? TIA R...

Deleted mail in Outlook does not go into deleted items folder
I've looked everywhere in the Outlook 2002 program, but can't seem to find the reason for this. When I delete mail from my inbox it doesn't go to the deleted items folder. Also, when I drag a mail item from the inbox folder to the deleted items folder, that also is gone forever. Any ideas? Thanks! What view do you have set on the Deleted Items folder? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:627d16ef.0401220922.72a76ff5@posting.google.com,...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #3
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After customizing my toolbar closing and reopening the application. Excel goes back to the default tool bar. Anybody knows how to solve this? Hagai Hi Barley -- this is exactly my problem as well!!!,...did you ever receive a correct answer to help solve this problem??? Mike "hbarlev" wrote: > Hi, > > I just got excel 2003. After customizing my toolbar closing and reopening > the application. Excel goes back to the default tool bar. Anybody knows how > to solve this? > > Hagai ...

Excel freeze menu and toolbar
Hi, I've the following problem. With Excel 2000 or 2002, sometimes, when I launched a Excel macro app throw VB, the menu and toolbar of Excel are freeze. It's only possible to close Excel. But the cells are available ! Any idea help me. Thanks Pascal Pascal, Try cleaning your code with Rob Bovey's code cleaner. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Pascal Biston" <pbiREMOVETHIS@sigroup.be> wrote in message news:O2wnj$MaEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I've the following problem. > With Excel 2000 or 2002, sometimes, when I launched a Excel ma...

"Pivot Table" option in Add / Remove buttons for Pivot Table Toolbar
Hello: I need to hide / disable / inactivate the "Pivot Table" button in the Pivot Table Toolbar so that a user can not select it (make it available). The users will have access to the Pivot Table Toolbar so that they can refresh data, select fields, collapse and expand data etc. but not have access to the Pivot Table button which gives access to (Pivot Table Wizard, Options etc.) Please help. Thanks. Forge On Aug 22, 3:02=A0am, Forge <forg...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I need to hide / disable / inactivate the "Pivot Table" button in the > Pivot...

Toolbars
I closed the toolbar that appears on the left hand side of the screen, it allows you to drag shapes and connection tools onto your project. How can I get that to reappear? In Visio 2003 go to the View menu and show the Shapes window. In prior versions you need to go to File > Shapes or File > Stencils and reopen each stencil individually. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E0EE512-D1F6-4836-A582-2F589B080F0B@micr...

Vanishing Control Toolbox Command Buttons
I have recently had my work PC upgraded from Windows NT to XP, and am now using Excel 2003 rather than 97. A spreadsheet I use each day contains a number of command buttons (from the control toolbox menu rather than forms). When I open this spreadsheet I cannot see the buttons. If I click on where the buttons are they still work, and I can still see the code behind them, but I cannot see the buttons themselves. Similarly if I try to create a new command button - or indeed any control - from the control toolbox I get the same problem. But again I am able to create buttons from the form...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

find match then change cell value

Finding minimum variance with excel
I want to use Excel to find the combination of weights in an asset portfolio which minimizes the overal variance of returns. Each asset (stocks in this case) have a mean return, and a variance (square of stdev) of past returns. I want to be able to take a list of returns and variances, plug in a target return, (or maximum return for that matter) at the lowest possible variance or standard deviation. I thought there used to be a function which would return a minimum variance (Minvar???)of a list of variances, but I cannot find it. (I can't remember is probably closer to the truth)...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After I customize my toolbar and close excel and then reopen excel goes back to its default setting. Anybody knows how to solve this Thanks, Hagai Hagai Manual customizations to Toolbars and Menus are saved in a file named *.XLB XL2000 and 2002 *.xlb file will be in Documents and Settings\yourname\application data\microsoft\Excel and be Excel9.xlb or Excel10.xlb Excel 97 in C:\Windows and named username.XLB Ecel 2003 same as 2000 and 2002 and named Excel11.XLB Perhaps this file is going astray? If on a server, this can happen. Also if on a server, you m...

how to create a command button, then assign macro to it in excel
i want to know how create a command button in a cell in the excel sheet and then how to assign a macro to the created command buttton so that the macro will run once i click on the command button ? another question: is there any sites available on the internet where i can have online free training on the office components ( word , excel , powerpoint , access , outlook) ? View>toolbars>forms and click the button and then click on the sheet, then you'll get prompted to assign a macro -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "kshaheen" <kshahe...

find related messages not working
I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned and he claims nothing was changed. Hello, please use scanpst.exe and if it isnt working after that, try to use ? | see and repair >-----Original Message----- >I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related >messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned >and he claims nothing was changed. >. > ...

find microsoft.public.mac.office at www.ugroups.com
This is a monthly reminder that via the web you can easily access microsoft.public.mac.office without a newsreader at http://www.ugroups.com/Computers/viewforum.php?f=34 This message from www.ugroups.com is intended for those who might be interested in free web based access to the newsgroups. Please add to your kill file to avoid future inconvenience. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

Prevent going to New Record
In a form that the user can goto Next or Previous record, how do I prevent them from going to a New record? -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company Peter, Set the form's Allow Additions to No -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Peter Marshall" <peter.marshall@ohiocoatingscompany.com> wrote in message news:usLa4L2yKHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.g...

Missing toolbar
Am looking for the toolbar in Excel 2002 that shows the cell range and any text that is currently being typed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Roger Hi Roger Tools>Options>View and place a check mark against "Formula Bar" -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "Roger Bedford" <rhbedford@canada.com> wrote in message news:%23c6VZ44YEHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Am looking for the toolbar in Excel 2002 that shows the cell range and any | text that is currently being typed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. | Roger | ...

Find a text
Hi all I am trying to find a text and delate a Row if the text is in the row. But I am not sure how to do it. Can someone help me? Option Explicit Sub FindText() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If Cell = "Samtals hreyfing:" Then ‚the text Samtals hreyfing sin in in the column E:E ‚If the text Samtals hreyfing: is in the row then I want to delete the Row End If Next Cell End Sub I think you may be looking for this... Sub FindText() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Columns("E")) ...