can't find .pst file

I have an employee that would like to use Outlook XP.  The
entire Office XP suite is installed on her Windows 2000
PC.  When we try to open Outlook, this is the message that
comes up:

"Unable to display the folder.  Microsoft Outlook could
not access the specified folder location.  The path
specified for the file C:\Documents and
Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not valid."

I've done a search on the C:\ drive for *.pst and nothing
is found.  I've upgraded to OE6 and have re-installed
Office XP.  What else would you suggest?

Thank you,
Kim
0
anonymous (74722)

"Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an employee that would like to use Outlook XP.  The
> entire Office XP suite is installed on her Windows 2000
> PC.  When we try to open Outlook, this is the message that
> comes up:
>
> "Unable to display the folder.  Microsoft Outlook could
> not access the specified folder location.  The path
> specified for the file C:\Documents and
> Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not valid."
>
> I've done a search on the C:\ drive for *.pst and nothing
> is found.  I've upgraded to OE6 and have re-installed
> Office XP.  What else would you suggest?
>
> Thank you,
> Kim

W2K considers pst files to be "hidden". Either enable Hidden and System
files in Tools-Folder Options-View in Windows Explorer or go to Advanced
settings in Search

HTH

0
me9 (928)