Can't filter completed tasks in search mode

I can filter completed tasks out of my category task view but when I try to
search in tasks I get the completed tasks with the undone ones that match the
search terms. I see that I could filter completes out in Advanced Search mode
but I would like that to be the norm for normal search mode.

Any thoughts?
0
Steve3367 (862)

BTW- I'm using Outlook 2003

"Steve" wrote:

> I can filter completed tasks out of my category task view but when I try to
> search in tasks I get the completed tasks with the undone ones that match the
> search terms. I see that I could filter completes out in Advanced Search mode
> but I would like that to be the norm for normal search mode.
>
> Any thoughts?
0
Steve3367 (862)

Search function
Does the search function in the newsgroup work? I don't get any matches at all for any search. You neglect to mention how you are accessing the newsgroup. In general, however, newsreaders can only search header contents (not body) unless you have downloaded all messages, not just headers. In Outlook Express, this is the "Subject" field, not the "Message" field. "Eric Bennett" <EricBennett@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0d2401c3c3e3$f7be4420$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does the search function in the newsgroup work? > I don't get any matches at ...

Excel List range, filter arrows disappeared
I have a range A1:L732 that I converted to an Excel List. When I click within the list, the blue list border appears yet the expected filter arrows associated with the row 1 headings are no longer showing. Converting to a range and then converting back to a list does not yield the filter arrows. I am sure this is an "option" that I have not set. Any suggestions. Thank you very much. Do you have objects showing? To check, choose Tools>Options On the View tab, under Objects, select 'Show All' andrew wrote: > I have a range A1:L732 that I converted to an Excel Lis...

Advanced Filter Causes Crash
When I try to use an advanced filter on a fairly large list (500+ rows) I get the error message: "EXCEL.exe has genereated problems and will b closed by Windows." I've noticed that the list actually does ge filtered successfully, but excel always crashes immediately after. I have around 100 rows of criteria. ( I have a list of about 70 account numbers in one coloumn and their corresponding GL codes in th next column, and I'm trying to filter only the numbers that I'm payin in a given period (the 100 rows of criteria). I'm running excel 2000 on win 2000. This is ...

Printing only filtered data in a form
Hi all- I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and click the report button and print only that data. Each time I open the form different data will need to be selected by the user. For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the WhereCondition for OpenReport. This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open Report1 filtered the same way as the form: Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty The...

Searching for values
I would like to create a report for the following: 1 - Read a worksheet with data like the following: C1 C2 R 1 - John Smith A R 2 - John Smith A R 3 - John Smith A R4 - Bob Jones 2 R5 - Bob Jones 1 R6 - Bob Jones 12 2 - Produce a report for every occurrence of John Smith: C1 C2 R 1 - John Smith A R 2 - John Smith A R 3 - John Smi...

Google Search 6.0
First I want to wish everybody a Happy New Year with a lot of Excel fun For anybody that is interested or use a earlier version of the Google Add-in There is a new version on my site. Thanks to Rob Bovey I was able to make a new version of the Google Add-in that not Store the data for the combo boxes in an Excel sheet. The date is in an Access database that must be in the same folder as the Add-in. The reason for this is that I be able to make an add-in for all Office programs when the data is in a separate file. You can download an Excel and Word version on this moment. Add-ins for Other O...

Filtering on multiple columns
I have similar data in multiple columns and I want to filter on all columsn togather to get unique values. Is there a good way to do so. -- wammer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wammer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399224 I'd create a new worksheet and copy all the data into one column. Then I'd use data|filter|Advanced filter to extract just the unique records. Debra Dalgleish explains the data|filter|advanced filt...

Search for Contacts Created by or Modified by a certain individual
When I open a contact I can see at the bottom a "Last Modified by" with the name of the individual who modified the contact. I would like to be able to search and find all of the contacts modified by a certain individual. I cannot find a "Last Modified by" field. I can find "Created" and "Modified" but those appear to be date fields. ...

Auto complete
My e-mail program inserts a name when just a few initial letters are entered. Can Excel do this when updating a list of customers (or others)? It would be much easier than retyping the entire name each time. Many thanks. Gene L. If the list of customer names is already entered in a column above or below your point of entry, autocomplete will work. Must have it enabled in Tools>Options>Edit and point of entry must be part of the contiguous range above or below. 2007............Orb>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing Options Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:56...

Junkmail filtering outlook 2000
Is there a way to add "key words" to the junk mail filter to eliminate additional junk emails? Is there a download which updates the initial list of junkmail words. On the next junk mail you receive go to tools and Junk Mail filter and add the address. "Andy" <aberg@canarymarketing.com> wrote in message news:08d501c352af$d312b980$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add "key words" to the junk mail filter > to eliminate additional junk emails? Is there a download > which updates the initial list of junkmail words. This does not work because...

Searching by network user name
I have a query in which I want to search records by a network user name. Can anyone help with what would go in in the criteria area? If my network ID is szemebre how do I use that as a criteria? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201004/1 On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:12:33 GMT, "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote: Check this out: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm Then in the Criteria area write: fOSUserName() -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have a query in which I want to s...

ndislwf (NDIS 6.0 Sample Filter Driver) to monitor native wifi adapter
I have built sample Filter Driver (ndislwf) from WDK and trying to install it with INF settings HKR, Ndi,FilterClass,, Custom HKR, Ndi,FilterType,0x00010001,0x00000002 HKR, Ndi\Interfaces,UpperRange,,"noupper" HKR, Ndi\Interfaces,LowerRange,,"nolower" HKR, Ndi\Interfaces, FilterMediaTypes,,"wlan" HKR, Ndi,FilterRunType, 0x00010001, 1 ; In above INF settings FilterClass is specified as "custom", bcoz it'll have the lowest position in the stack. I've also modified FilterAttach to accept bindings with only native-WiFi adapters. With above set...

How do i drag and drop an attachment from mail to a task in Entourage?
I want to be able to drag an email or an attachment in mail to a task, calendar, or note. How can I do this in Entourage? ...

Post Code search
Hi everyone, I am new to excel and have been given a task which is currently beyond my capabalities and seek help from all you experts out there. I have about 12000 postcodes in column A and columns B to K contain miscallaneous information relating to each postode, ie name, address, tel, fax etc What I would like is help with a formula whereby I would type in the postcode and the information would search and display the details in columns B to K for that particular postcode. I am aware the easiset option is to use the edit and find function, however ideally I would like to use sheet two for t...

Filter Problem after Upsizing DB to SQL 2000
We have an Access 2000 application which we recently upsized to use SQL Server ... Everything seems fine except when we try to use the "Apply Filter Using Selection" button on a DATE field ... Doing so results in no filter being applied on most computers (we do have one that works correctly and the only difference we can find is that the one that works is running WindowsXP Pro, while all the rest are running Windows2000 Pro) ... Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks ... ...

Task Recurrence
Does anyone know how to turn off the recurrence feature? When I create a new task, the recurrence is on as a default and I have to open the item and remove the recurrence. ...

informations search
I am interested in setting up a spread sheet that will search a second and third sheet for information entered on sheet 1. Is it possible to make excel do this. -- DanBal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DanBal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376838 Without more detail it sounds like a job for the vlookup function -- cwinter ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cwinters's Profile: http://w...

Saving messages other than in formats given? i.e., rtf or pdf (html with complete pictures)
I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics groups. In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve graphics that explain or illustrate the text. O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out of both formats, of course. The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming considering the number of messages I recv that I ...

Task Requests
I saw an issue similar to the problem that I am having with opening up task requests from my supervisor. Now that I understand that task requests must be sent in "rich text", our organization's server is "imap" and sometimes I've noticed that when we send emails in "rich text", the recipients can't view the contents. Right now, in Outlook 2000, I can't open, delete, or preview the task requests, but if I go into Outlook Express, I can view it. This gets to be annoying because I don't want to have both programs running at the same time jus...

Task Reminders
Using Windows 7 with Outlook 2003 on a new computer at work. My task reminders do not remind me even though I have checked the box and clicked save. I have used the Run program and typed outlook / cleanreminders but come up with this error code in a yellow triangle with an ! in it: The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Can anyone help me with how to get the reminders to appear at a time that I set? Right now I can only view my daily tasks and hope I didn't miss anything!! Thank you for any help you can offer. the switch is outlook....

Outlook Tasks #5
I am looking for a way to put in margins so that when you have alot of notes in the task they don't run into the dates and look confusing. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Task Owner / Activity Party
I have a situation where a user has complained that there are CRM tasks she owns which do not appear in her Activities list on her CRM Workplace page. Some investigation with Advanced Finds and database queries shows that the default activities list selects activities to which the user is an Activity Party, not which they own. And that this is the discrepancy. Some of the tasks she owns have other users, who have left the company, as the activity party of object type 8, user.. As the user is fairly new, I surmise that the tasks were assigned to her from the previous employees. But the activi...

Forward a Task For Someone Else To Track
I have no trouble assigning a task but when I ask someone to forward their task to me to track it does not show up on my task list or in any of the other views... help PLEASE :) ...

SPAM FILTER
Hello, Can anyone recommended a spam filtering product to use on Exhchange 5.5? We send and receive via a SMTP ISP. Thanks. We use Appriver.com. Excellent service. They block spam and virus's. Free 30 trial will sell itself. -- Randy - [You can observe a lot by just watching] "Pete C" <pcwfc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23qGkXmt%23DHA.2800@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Can anyone recommended a spam filtering product to use on Exhchange 5.5? We > send and receive via a SMTP ISP. > > Thanks. > > We use Hexamail Guard from Hex...

Activity "task" not appearing in history of activities
I tried to figure out how the Filtered Views in CRM work. For example in Contacts I wanted to see the activities of the last 30 days of a certain contact. What I found out was that one specific activities was not listed that definately had all date values less than 30 days since it was created. Only when I switch to "All" then all the activities are showing up in the history. It doesn't even matter which filter I choose (it can even be the "Last 6 month) I get the same results. I went directly to the activitypointerbase table and found out that this activity didn'...