Can't e-mail from Word 2000 using Outlook 2002/XP

After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I
can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a
file to a recipient from within Word.
When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get
the error "To use this feature you must install the
version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed
version of Microsoft Outlook".
I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even
uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In
that configuration, the software worked fine. But when
I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was broken again.
I've found nothing that states that Outlook 2002 no
longer integrates as fully with Word 2000 as Outlook 2000
did.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

-Steve
0
anonymous (74722)

The Word and Outlook versions must be the same for this feature to work

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I
> can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a
> file to a recipient from within Word.
> When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get
> the error "To use this feature you must install the
> version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed
> version of Microsoft Outlook".
> I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even
> uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In
> that configuration, the software worked fine. But when
> I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was broken again.
> I've found nothing that states that Outlook 2002 no
> longer integrates as fully with Word 2000 as Outlook 2000
> did.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks.
>
> -Steve

0
nosp2972 (64)
12/10/2003 8:36:16 PM
Thanks, but is there any confirmation of this from
Microsoft? I'll have to tell my boss that we'll have to
upgrade all the computers to Office XP, and he won't like
that without proof that it's the only "solution".
(Actually, he won't like it either way, but at least I'll
have done all I can.)
The other option, of course, is to go back to Outlook
2000, but since we already bought Outlook XP, that seems a
waste of money.

-Steve

0
anonymous (74722)

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook Sales

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?