Can't delete messages in outbox

I have a client that has an issue of not being able to
delete messages in his outbox. The result is that his
clients are getting the same email, over and over again.
When right clicking on the file and choosing del, the
following message appears:

"the file *.pst has reached its maximum size. To redce the
amount of data in this file, select some items that you no
longer need, and then permanently delete them by pressing."

We've deleted all of his sent files as well as deleted
files. We also tried upgrading from OutlookXP to
Outlook2003, hoping to resolve the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: He recently had a virus(I don't know which one as he
didn't log the information regarding the virus). I don't
know whether or not he was infected, or if he just had the
executables on his system, but he said there were several
infected files.

TIA

tony

0
artintel (1)

Delete email without opening?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop How do I delete an email without opening the message. I have received emails that I want to delete without opening but if I click on them to delete, they open. <br><br>Thank you in advance. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3343745054_1473713 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Click on the massage with right ...

Why put 'junk' mail in Junk E-mail, when it goes into 'Deleted Items' anyway?
OS 10.4.11 Ibook g4 Entourage 11.4.0 Hi, Does putting junk mail into the the junk email icon (pink envelope) first have any more effect on minimizing future junk mail than just deleting it (trash can) the first time around. I put junk into the 'Junk' envelope. Then, when I select/delete it from there, it goes into the 'Deleted Items', where it would have gone right away if I'd just clicked the trash can in the first place. Is there a reason for taking two steps in getting rid of junk mail, instead of one�deleting it? Thanks, Rafael Rafael Mont...

Re: Find last cell in a column, Delete its contents and make it ac
Sub uselastcellinL() Application.Goto Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp) ActiveCell.ClearContents End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Sub deletelastcellinL() > Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp).Delete shift:=xlUp > End Sub > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett@gmail.com > "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:D...

How to filter which batches to delete?
Hello: I've been having some issues with batches getting deleted by a "ghost", according to my users, when in fact it must some user who's doing it on purpose. The thing is that now i want to filter out no matter which module or batch type, the users, all of them, can only delete empty batches, those who say "available" and "There are no transactions". I've tried doing it with the option "Field Security level", but i did not work, or i didn't do it correctly, either way, is there other procedure, or do i have to do it in coding. ...

Reply without the original message
Using Outlook XP: Outlook will always include the original message when you click on the reply. Is there a way to turn that off? Somewhere in options where this can be turned on or off? Thanks, Anthony Tools, Options, Email options....in the drop down menu set it to "do not include original message". Anthony wrote: > Using Outlook XP: Outlook will always include the original message > when you click on the reply. Is there a way to turn that off? > Somewhere in options where this can be turned on or off? > > Thanks, > > Anthony Use Tools/ Options/ Em...

Trouble forwarding email as text message using SMS
I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of the text (these messages are SHORT messages) Any suggestions? -- Sheri Sheri <Sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text > messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of > the text (these messages are SHORT messages) > Any suggestions? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Large Messages
Someone is sending Large Messages between our internal Exchange Servers. We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. How can I find out who? how large is large? do you have no global message size limit? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73D7F32A-C934-4798-8E8D-D04F48ED2D3C@microsoft.com... > Someone is sending Large Messages between our internal Exchange Servers. We > are running Exchange 2003 SP1. > > How can I find out who? On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:45:06 -0700, Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Outlook Error Message #36
I am running Windows XP and Office XP for Students and Teachers (Version 2002). When I have more than one user account open, I get the following error message when I when click on the "inbox" header to open up the inbox: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program:C\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE10\OUTLOOK.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I don't know what this means or how to fix it. When it happens, I close the error dialogue box and click ...

Strip blank lined from forwarded messages
I'd like to send more of my reciieved message vial my mail to SMS service - limit 160 characters. I've searched Slipstick and tried some utilities, but without much success. It would be nice, for instance to get rid of the leading blank lines. It seems possible as some service providers offer it, my doesn't, and I cant't change. Any ideas? Steve ...

syncronizing email messages
Where do I find the name of the inbound and outbound servers in Outlook 2002? Your ISP will provide that information. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Neil <nhr1@swbell.net> asked: | Where do I find the name of the inbound and outbound | servers in Outlook 2002? ...

Old bills will not delete in budget
In my budget, I have bills showing up automatically that I have previously deleted from the bill payment schedule. When I try to edit these transations, nothing shows up. I am not given the option to delete them. How do I remove them from showing up in my budget catagories? I was able to do this by viewing the "bill calendar" and deleting the bills from there. They did not show up in the Bills and Deposits list but they did in the calendar. Hope that helps. "roxcorner" wrote: > In my budget, I have bills showing up automatically that I have previously >...

Messages "To" Drop Down
Is there any way of removing cashiers(No Longer Employed) from this drop down or to be able to sort it to make the No longer employees appear at the bottom? I don't think there is. I tried putting an x in front of their number, then their name, spaces in front of thier number, name. The order always stayed the same. Maybe a suggestion to Microsoft should be ability to make cashiers inactive. "Marinert1965" wrote: > Is there any way of removing cashiers(No Longer Employed) from this drop down > or to be able to sort it to make the No longer employees appear at t...

Deleting XML Record from Dataset removing table?
Hi All, When I delete the last record from my dataset and then WriteXML() to the file; the Table itself, in the xml file, is removed. I need to prevent the table structure from being deleted if there are no more records to be written to the XML file from the Dataset. Any ideas here, John. "John" <jrugo@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:eEDs6IW4FHA.400@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When I delete the last record from my dataset and then WriteXML() to the file; the Table itself, in the xml file, is removed. I > need to prevent the table structure from being deleted ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to delete all the cr*p. Is there an Outlook option or a rule that someone can suggest to set up, in a step-by-step fashion, that will combine these three into one? Thanks, Feedscrn By default Outlook only has 1 deleted items folder. What are the other 2? Are they in 2 other personal folders? "feedscrn" <feedscrn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1193150667.085940.208790@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to > de...

Report on read/unread messages
Is it possible to generate a report on how many unread messages are in a user's mailbox? How about in Exchange 2003? Does MBINFO do this? Any third party tools do this? Many thanks ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't show entire message!! HELP please!
I have been searching for a probmlem i have with Outlook 2007. I am recieving emails fine, but what i noticed the other day, is that when i open the message with my PC, only part of the mesage is shown, the part that is from the sender, but when it includes a forwarded text, it will not show!! this is a huge problem.. once i missed an important notice because of this. But this problem does not occur when i open the mail with Mac. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'...

Pass Message to Base Class Message Handler
Can I relay message to base class message handler ? If I have base class derived from some other class e.g CWnd then how can I handle base class message handlers ?? If I call base class PreTranslateMessage manually its not getting invoked...... e.g In My derived class PreTranslateMessage if I invoke CBaseClass::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg).... base class pretranslatemessage is not getting invoked....? -Akshay Did you make the function "virtual" in your derived class? You could also try calling with GetParent() if it is a window. Tom <akshay4friend@yahoo.com> wrote in mes...

PFMigrate Error Message c103b404
I'm in the middle of moving my 5.5 servers onto 2k3. I've been successfully moving the public folder using pfmigrate until this morning. All of a sudden, I'm receiving the following error message. Nothing has changed on the server so I'm not sure what is causing these errors. pfMigrate.wsf /s:yyy /t:xxx /n:1 /d /f:c:\pflog Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool Mon Aug 16 10:11:18 EDT 2004 Source Server: yyy Version 5.5 (Build 2653.23: Service Pack 4) Target Server: xxx Version 6.5 (Build 7226.6: Service Pack 1) WMI Server: xxx Delete Replica Mode in prog...

recovering deleted exchange
This may sound dumb but I couldn't find an article on the Net on how to do this; the problem is that the name of the exchange server under the servers folder of the Exchange System Manager has been deleted (by simply, right click on the server name and click delete). The problem is that I couldn't seem to find a way to put back that server on the System Manager. Is there a way to manually put back the exchange server on the servers folder of the Exchange System Manager? Thanks, --r "Rodney C. Jao" <rodney@e-jao.com> wrote: >This may sound dumb but I co...

Deletion of Fields
Haven't seen this asked in a while... any chance of field deletion in the future? We have about 20 extra fields we do not use/need. Kristina ps We have a test environment, I would be happy to give things a try if anyone has done this already... Kristina, There is a way to do this. First, make sure the field isn't being used in any forms, views or maps. This needs to be done manually. Though there are tables you can query to determine some of this information. Then, use the sp_ReplDropColumn command to remove the field. This will ensure that replication "sees" the ...

OE Message Preview
On the split screen in Outlook Express I can read an incoming message by just selecting its line and viewing it on the lower half. Does this mean that a spammer now knows the message has been read? If so, how can I avoid this? Loran1 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the split screen in Outlook Express I can read an > incoming message by just selecting its line and viewing it > on the lower half. Does this mean that a spammer now knows > the message has been read? If so, how can I avoid this? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Cell Error Message
I am running Excel 2002 and keep getting a comment like deal in all cells that are not calculating to the end of the range. For example if I have data in Col. a.b.c.d.e.f but do not include Col. a, I get a comment type message that the formula did not calculate the entire range(which I do not want it to). I know that I can turn this off manually (in each and every cell effected)(about 50), however does anyone have an idea of how to turn it off completely, either my use of a VBA or Excel itself. Thanks Frank ...

How to delete a favorite report?
In M2006, I'm trying to remove a report that I marked as a favorite. I can't figure out how to remove it; I've right clicked (nothing), clicked Report Settings (it will only reset/remove *every* favorite report), searched help, googled, and looked at the left pane everywhere that seems likely. Any ideas? Thanks. From Home Page, select Favorites/Organize Favorites/Reports. This will bring up a list of your favorite reports with buttons at the bottom of the page to view, rename, delete, or customize the reports/ "Cristof Falk" wrote: > In M2006, I'm trying...

How do I delete a macro when the workbook has been deleated?
I am new at writing macros and I put some into my personal macro file, but i now need to delete them. The workbook they were in have been deleted, and when I try to delete then I get a erroe message telling me I can't edit a macro in a hidden workbook, unhide the macro. Usually, personal macros are stored in a file called personal.xls which is hidden. To add, edit or delete macros you first need to unhide it. Select Windows, Unhide to unhide personal.xls "Sunshine1" wrote: > I am new at writing macros and I put some into my personal macro file, but i > now need ...

delete from outlook
i cant delete messages or any item in outlook -- i get the following message: the messaging interface has returned an unknown error; if problem persists restart outlook. I HAVE RESTARTED AND REINSTALLED (NEW FOLDER) but no success. anybody?? Try deleting or renaming the frmscache.dat file to .old and then restart Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...