Can't delete email #2

I'm am trying to help a friend who is using Outlook Express
on W98, I cannot delete any messages from her in box. She
has over 500 in there, which may be part of the problem.
Any suggestions?

Desperate!

Mark
0
m.ryan (1)

Mark Ryan <m.ryan@earthlink.com> wrote:

> I'm am trying to help a friend who is using Outlook Express
> on W98, I cannot delete any messages from her in box. She
> has over 500 in there, which may be part of the problem.
> Any suggestions?

The first suggestion is to ask in an Outlok Express newsgroup.  The second
suggestion is to delete Deleted Items.dbx and let OE recreate it.  The third
suggestion is, if she wants to delete EVERYTHING in the Inbox is to delete
the Inbox.dbx file and let OE recreate it.  There latter two steps must be
done with OE closed.  On WIndows 2000/XP boxes, those files are in a hidden
folder.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

Delegation #2
My company recently converted from a Groupwise email system to Outlook. In groupwise, I set up proxy access for users to access other mailboxes, such as a fax or helpdesk mailbox. With the new setup, our biggest problem is that when users send from the other accounts, the emails go into their own sent folders--not the account they emailed from (like fax or helpdesk). This is important because more than one person may monitor those boxes and there needs to be a history of who sent what were. Is there something I am doing wrong? I thought it was a delegation thing because all the instruct...

T-bills and investments #2
I am stuck trying to post purchases & sales of T-bills. The number just don't seem to work out right when I look at the transactions, and I cannot figure out how to get the interest and renewals to post. My problem is when I "buy" a t-bill for 990 ($1000 discounted), it values the T-bill at 9.90. That does not seem right to me, there must be something wrong. The investment is set up as a treasury account (not on-line), and I'm just trying to post my purchases. Can someone help me to figure out how to post these discounted bonds or tell me where I can find help ...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

2 DBs connections + commit/rollback
Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3rd comp. .net driver we use... but the situation: Open FB tran and MSSQL tran... If the commit fails on FB that is first executed, the MSSQL (2nd step) is not executed, no problem... but how can I do a FB rollback that was commited if the MSSQL fails on commit? Have you ever seen this? Thanks Paulo Roberto wrote: > Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because > FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3r...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

How Long Can Release 1.2 Still Be Purchased?
Hi, I know that support for 1.2 ends at the end of October, 2006. But does anyone know when purchases and sale (and the capability of getting registration keys) of release 1.2 ends? We work with a 3rd party ISV and their product won't be ready for 3.0 for quite a few more months and I am trying to figure out our response to clients who need this add-on and want CRM. Thanks. Alan ...

email
confirma email ...

Emailing Sales Literature
Is it possible to have Sales Literacture emailed to customers, similarly to how knowledge base articles can now be sent? Hi Funboy Unfortunately the functionality to email sales literature is still missing from V3 so you still have to make a standard attachment to an email. With regards to KB articles in V3, there is now a button on the article to send by email, or if you are looking at a case you can search the knowledgebase, return an article and email it directly out from the case screen - that works really well. Cozy "funboy" <public@esteq.com> wrote in message news:...

Disc access when scrolling through my emails
Hi, I have a problem with my outlook 2003 (Win XP): Every time I scroll through the list of emails outlook accesses the hard disc even if I do not open the email and the preview window is deactivated. The result is a pause before I can go to the next email in the list. Surprisingly the problem is solved if I open the email and close it. Next time I navigate to that email in the list there is no disc access (seems to be cached). Unfortunatly if I close Outlook an reopen it, the whole story starts from the beginning... Does anybody have an idea ? Thanks Urs ...

forwarded email comes back to my inbox
I have Office XP. When I forward or reply to any message the message goes to the recepient but it also shows up in my inbox and I don't want it to. Things I have tried are the following: created a new profile in outlook, did all office updates, did a repair on outlook and nothing has fixed this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mitch ...

Retrieving deleted e-mails
Hello, A former employee deleted their e-mails before they left. Is there any way to retrieve these e-mails? Thanks for your time! Debbie In the future just a suggestion put all users PST files on the network drive and back them up nightly. The only thing to do is look in the deleted folder if its not there it is likely gone. If its really important you can try your system admin that runs the email server to see if they have anything cached. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >A former employee deleted their e-mails before they >left. Is there any way to retrieve...

Document template for email
Hi I have a document template that contains a number of fill-in fields. The purpose of the template is for the fill-in fields to be completed then the whole document sent to the client as an email using the 'Sent to' functionality. When using the 'Sent to' functionality is there anyway to include standardised text in the 'Subject' field of the email rather than having staff type it in each time? Thanks Yasmin See the article "How to send an email from Word using VBA” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm -- Hop...

Deleting transactions #2
Help! We had problems with one of our registers and we had to replace the PC that we were using and and when we finally got all ready to operate we lost everything that we had rung in (which we re-entered later) but now when we run a detailed sales report for that day it shows all of the sales that we cannot see in the journal but they show on the report, I want to delete them but there is not a batch for those transactions only the transaction # and I do not want to delete all of the transactions just the ones that are incorrect for that day. I hope someone can help Thanks! You can v...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

Adress Book #2
In the help file it states... "The Outlook Address Book is created automatically and contains the contacts in your Contacts folder" I imported my contcts from a .csv file and the address book was not automatically created. So when I make a new e-mail press "to" the outlook address book is empty and if I try to add a new entry to the outlook address book is says "a new entry could not be added. PLease use the contacts module to create this entry." to which if I do it still does not show up in the address book ? Thanks Keith You will need to include some in...

Deleted Accounts still generating Failed Delivery Reports
Here is a strange one for you: I send an email to systems@abc.com and it gets there and thats it. I send a calender invitation to the same mailbox and it gets there. But then I get a failed delivery report for former employees who used to use belong to a Distribution list with the same name. I used to belong to that distribution list and I do not recieve the inivitation. I am not really sure if the failed delivery report is because of the Distribution list or because the old users used to use the mailbox. This happens from any machine using Outlook. Needless to say those users are long gon...

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

how do i create an html email using word
MY company would like a simple Word html newletter email that can be updated by various subsidaries. Ideally we'd like to "lock" formatting and some graphics and have editible regions. Any Help? Word is a poor html creation application. I doubt that Word's implementation will enable you to provide the elements you require - however set the web view to view the formatting and save as a web page.Better still use a proper html creation tool to create the page or create it as an attachment as a Word document form or (if you have the full version of Acrobat) a p...

can't receive email
I've been receiving email without a problem. Suddenly, when logging on, outlook shows that it's trying to receive the email, but after awhile I receive the following message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I can, however, retrieve the email from cox's webmail. Anyone got a clue? OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x8...

2-hour hibernate failure
This is a new thread. See old stuff for history. Okay, John, I'm using Clone2 and have started running your investigatory programs. > Service Name,Start Mode > Alerter,Disabled, > ALG,Manual, > AppMgmt,Manual, > aspnet_state,Manual, > Ati HotKey Poller,Auto, > ATI Smart,Auto, > AudioSrv,Auto, > Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler,Disabled, > BITS,Manual, > Browser,Auto, > CiSvc,Manual, > ClipSrv,Disabled, > clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32,Manual, > COMSysApp,Manual, > CryptSvc,Auto, > DcomLaunch,Auto, > Dhcp,Auto, >...

Big Problem! How to overload operator delete?
Big Problem! How to overload operator delete? According to C++ standard, "A deallocation function can have more than one parameter."(see 3.7.3.2); however, I don't know how to use an overloaded delete operator. Let me use an example to illustrate this: /********************************************************/ #include <new> #include <iostream> using namespace std; void operator delete(void* p, const nothrow_t&) { cout << "Hello" << endl; } // (1) void operator delete(void* p, int a, int b) { cout << "World" <&...

how do you print screen sent emails list as it appears
i want to print off the list of sent emails just as it appears on the screen when i have clicked on sent items. i tried to highlight 1st and then last item holding down shift but this only started printing each idiv email cover page as if opened giving me 60 pages ea email (i stopped it) not just the list as it appears;like i want- approx 2 pages. how do i do this-its sort of a print screen i want to accomplish. thanks Hold down "Alt" & press "Prnt Scrn". You can then paste into Word. >-----Original Message----- >i want to print off the list of sent email...