Can't create offline folder

I have an ost file stored on my local drive, but I would
like to store it on a network drive so I can see it at
home.  However, I can't even get it to browse to create an
ost folder on the desired drive.  What is happening.
0
anonymous (74722)

First of all, you would not be able to access the .ost file from home as it
is specific to the SID created for your work profile.  So, moving it is moot
since you can't access it from any other machine's Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Carl Gross asked:

| I have an ost file stored on my local drive, but I would
| like to store it on a network drive so I can see it at
| home.  However, I can't even get it to browse to create an
| ost folder on the desired drive.  What is happening.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

how to creat other inbox
i have 3 different email account and i want each to receive in difference any can help please You can create other 'fake' inboxes for each and use rules to move inbound messages therein. Methods and features depend on the version of Outlook, which you haven't posted.... Akbar uk wrote: > i have 3 different email account and i want each to receive in > difference any can help please ...

Create window that always stays as taskbar button
Hi, I'd like to create an extra window from my application that has a taskbar button always stays in the taskbar. So i derived a class from CFrameWnd and create it with WS_EX_APPWINDOW style However, the problem is the extra new window will become hidden and disappeared from taskbar when my main application window is being minimized. It appears on taskbar again only when the main app's windows is being restored or shown. How could i prevent the extra windows from being disappeared from the taskbar button? Please kindly advise. thank you very much Jeffrey when you stay taskbar bu...

Crosstab Query with query parameter used to create a report
My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to use it to create a report I am asked multiple times to re-enter my query parameters. The report generates the correct results; however, why do I need to re-enter my query parameter multiple times?? Thanks.. Open the crosstab in design view, click on menu Query - Parameters. This opens another window. Type in your parameter names and data type. Save. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "JJ_Access" wrote: > My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to ...

How do I create an original logo WITHOUT design gallery objects ?
I want to create an original logo but do not like any of the existing styles in the design gallery. how do I create a new one? changing the elements in a design gallery object is too restrictive. what format do I open to create such a design? Publisher has an array of auto shapes, a simple logo is best. Experiment with different shapes. A draw program. DrawPlus is free. http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "libbybolt" <libbybolt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC71CBB0-B2C9-4488-8063-8D3689448DA5@microsoft.com.....

Disable/Hide Public Folder at OWA
Hi, I am running Win2003 with Exchange 2003 w/SP1 - FE/BE. I need to have a user which only uses OWA for email and can't access any other thing like public folders. Is there any way to disable the "public folder" at OWA - not even display as an option for this user only. Thanks in advance. Kelvin You can use the OWA Administration tool to customize Outlook Web Access. It is available freely in the "All Exchange Tools" pack (the latest one updated along with SP1) -- Benoit Boudeville [Exchange MVP 2003-2004] "Kelvin" wrote: > Hi, > > I ...

Is there a way to display Public Folders in the All Mail Folders view? Outlook2003
We are getting ready to deploy Outlook 2003 to about 10,000 users. The powers that be do not want the users to have to click on the folder icon in order to see Public Folders (PF). They want them to be in their face when the software is first deployed. A new installation shows, on the left side of the window, Favorite Folders, All Mail Folders (which is the user's mailbox and folders that are on the Exchange server), large icons for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks, small icons for Notes, Folder View, and Shortcuts. Then there's the little double arrow to configure all of the icons...

Creating a botton to update data from a Form to Table
Greetings People I need to know how to create a botton on a Form (Microsoft Access) that may allow me to update the data in a Table. I know that I have to use VBA or VB ..NET CODE to create it. Where could I find a sample code that may help me with that? Reboot Kid On Tue, 11 May 2010 16:19:01 -0700, Reboot the Kid <ReboottheKid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Greetings People > >I need to know how to create a botton on a Form (Microsoft Access) that may >allow me to update the data in a Table. I know that I have to use VBA or VB >.NET CODE to c...

error after re-creating a mailbox
task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80070005): 'You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation' ...

How to create the email account when I have more than one hotmail account?
Dear sir, Have any one can help me? I was using outlook express previous. I can create more than one email account for my several hotmail accounts. However, I recently want to use outlook. So, I went to set up some email accounts in the outlook. But I encountered some problems that I don't know how to caret more email accounts for my the other hotmail accounts. I only can create one email account for hotmail account. Best Regards, Wayne Hy Wayne, please read this here http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#9 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bit...

Folder Permissions & 2007
We have a share drive that contains multiple folders with individual spreadsheets that each user maintains. We have set up these folders with protection so users can’t delete the spreadsheets, copy others or modify the contents, only save/edit what already exists. A group was created with the users as members, permissions were granted to “Allow” all permissions except “Delete Subfolders & File” and “Delete”, and these are marked as “Deny”. Since there are multiple folders, they all inherit permissions from the main folder. In Excel 2003, the users are able to save as neede...

Favorite Folders
How do I get rid of the "favorite folders" on the top left of my screen with Outlook 2003? thanks, Ron You can't. You can however remove all entries by rightclicking them and choose Remove from Favorites Folders or Change to the Folder List Navigation -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remov...

creating an index for multiple pages within a visio document?
I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it. Is there an automated way to create an index from the name of each drawing? Thanks Carol in Roy WA There used to be an add-on "table of contents" but I have not it used in years in earlier versions, but try searching for it. "clemonwa" <clemonwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9728AA5-1529-41AC-940C-B275C9D5A1E7@microsoft.com... >I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it. Is there an >automated > way to create an index from the name of each drawing? > > Thanks &g...

this file extinsion appear .xls~RF16b309.TMP in the same folder
this file extinsion appear .xls~RF16b309.TMP in the same folder where i save my file.xls I believe that is a history file, where you track changes made. In your workbook you probably have track changes set. -- The Code Cage Team Regards, The Code Cage Team 'The Code Cage' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=33675 I would look at the antivirus program that yo...

Outlook offline 11-11-03
Hello all, Never had the need to use offline with CRM/Outlook (June 2003 ver), but now the need has arrived. I'm not 100% sure if it ever worked, but here is what is going on: I hit offline, and it begins to synch. So far so good. No errors and seems to properly download (as in if I synch again a minute later its much faster as it doesn't have much more to d/l). Now if I click on one of the folders under the "Microsoft CRM" folder I get this error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your systme administrator. Then if I click on another fol...

Inbound emails get stuck in the Queue (folder)
hello i was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem. when we rebooted our server, the inbox seemed to fill up with 60,000 emails dating back months. upon investigation, it was found that these messages were "stuck" in the queue folder, and the reboot forced them out in to the inbox. i have found newsgroup entries that say about outbound messages being stuck but none about inbound messages. after a few more reboots, (to solve other problems!!), the queue does not seem to be growing anymore. it seems to have fixed itself! but does anyone have any ideas why this happened...

Public Folder w/subfolders.. I can't see'em
I have a new win2003 server/exchange2003 using the outlook2003 client that I have so far migrated over fairly good so far from exchange 5.5. I have some public folders that have subfolders, and as a user they can't see any of their subfolders in outlook2003, however as a administrator I can see them fine in outlook. When I look in the permissions tab of the subfolders they all have reviewer permissions, is there somewhere else that I need to add permissions in order for them to see the subfolders (perhaps in the exchange server)? Do they have the "folder visible" per...

Public folders #4
Is there anyway to display notifactions when there is a new message in public folders?? Not exactly. But if you go into the properties of the public folder you can use the Folder Assistant to forward new messages to you. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018001c3a93b$d340cdb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to display notifaction...

Idea for Passport Users who cannot Work Offline.
I wonder if this would work as a workaround: 1. Disconnect from the internet (via hardware or software). 2. Start Money and choose work offline. 3. Re-connect to the Internet. Just an idea-- which is not tested. However I am pretty sure that it can't hurt to try it. Let us know if it helps or not. That doesn't work - get error message that password is incorrect (it isn't!) Ray Martin "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:n63dg0duhera87mjev660hdmasstk1il6c@4ax.com... > I wonder if this would work as a workaround: > >...

How to create SQL logins in FIPS compliant environment ?
Hi, our objective is to make our application FIPS compliant. One of the procedure accepts username and password as parameters and does a CREATE LOGIN call. But with FIPS, if we pass the password to the procedure in clear text format, it will be a violation. Can you suggest any other method of passing the password to the procedure and still be FIPS compliant? Or any other way to achive the same result? Also want to know that when SQL Server Management Studio opens a connection using sql user and password, how is the password sent to the SQL Server? Is it in clear text? In oth...

Contacts folder could not be displayed
Here's what I do to re-create the error. I create a new message, then click on the 'To:' button. Then this error pops up. 'The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help.' However, the contacts are present in my contact address book. It's just I cannot select them from the "To" button. I've tried the h...

Export cells and creat word document
What I need to do is take the contents of cells in two columns and export or save them to automatically create a word document. The content of cell in first column would become a Heading 2 in word document and content of cell in second column would be normal text below the Heading 2. When the html tag <br><br> is found this would become a new paragraph. This would continue until all cells have been converted. Page Title Page Text 1. Title 1 text This is text for content under title 1 2. Title 2 text This is text for content under title 2<br...

How to create user form from scratch
Hi folks, I need to create a user form where they will be able to pick one of the status (Pending, Complete, Incomplete, Beyond). These 4 status will be displayed using option buttons.After the user chooses the status, i need the selected status to be displayed on the cell. (K4) I have no idea as to even start doing this. I really hope there is someone kind enough to teach me step by step on how to accomplish this. Please supply coding if there is any. Thanks a lot. Check Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Tom Ogilvy posted these links: Peter Aiken Articl...

How are folders organized in Outlook?
Hello, how are folders organized in Outlook? Is there a MainFolder which keeps all the other folders and so on? Or are the basically different kind of folders? For mail, contacts? (I don't think so but Im not sure) Is there already something implemented which shows me a list of all folders, maybe similar to the folder in the windows explorer itself. And how does outlook identify the folders? Is there an internal unique value? Thanks in advance, Mat. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages dire...

How to create an open dialog (CFileDialog) with thumbnails style?
Hi, anyone knows how to create an open dialog (CFileDialog) with thumbnails style. Best Regards, ZHANG Liren Here is how to do it. http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/03/cqa/default.aspx?fig=true#fig2 Simply pass ODM_VIEW_THUMBS to SetListView in the OnInitDialog this is the actual article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/03/cqa/default.aspx AliR. "zhanglr" <zhanglr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FD81056-BC57-4148-8572-9D29DBC7E12B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > anyone knows how to create an open dialog (CFileDialog) with thumb...

How can I create a multiple field search box? (corrected post)
Hi, I need assistance in creating a multiple field search box, i have a screen shot but i couldn't find a way to include it in this message. I have been battling with this problem for weeks. the search box was created in foxpro, i'm trying to create a similar search box in ms access 2003. it searches only one table so each table has a search box for it. Here is a description for the search box for the community table which is one of the tables in the database. It has a drop down list that selects all the fields in the table such as area code for the community, community code, and com...