Can't connect to links

We have 3 computers all running XP Pro connected through a Linksys router.
Problem is when I click on a link in an email on my desktop (Outlook 2003) I
am directed to www.comcast.net instead of the site.  I have tried several
different links.

I am able to connect to the sites through my Comcast web based mail, my
wife's computer (Outlook 2003) and my laptop (Outlook 2007).

I did a detect and repair with the Office 2003 CD and the problem continues.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Linking queries on a report
Hello all, I built a number of queries that all tie to the same table. Each query sorts the data differently, but comes from the same data source. I would like to show the results of these queries on the same report, but I get and error message that the wizard can't connect the queries. How can I display multiple queries on the same report. I've tried subreports, but they don't seem to export as well. Thanks b Brennan What does "export" have to do with this? If I have multiple sets of results I want to show in one place, I create an empty "main"...

Links are not created after migration
HELP!!!!! We are using DTS to import our data into the CDF_MSCRM database. That went pretty well. Not many problems. However after we get the Accounts and contacts loaded into CRM they show up like expected the Primary contact is not showing up for the Accounts. Anyone know how to get this to work??? I would greatly appreciate it Stephen, Key is to use the contactid given in the cdf_contact in the cdf_account table. Unfortunately I do not have any installation available to check the real values, but this should make the situation clear: cdf_account -accountid------name---------primary...

creating links inside a workbook.
I would like to put a working table of contents into my workbook. In other words, I would like to list all of the sheet names on a master page and allow the user to jump to that page simply by clicking the page's name. Any suggestions? Please and Thank You!!!! Use the Hyperlink feature. Just do a Insert> HyperLink>. Choose place in this document. Then select the tab you want to link to. "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B5487B-A816-4BE3-B43A-701863DCFE76@microsoft.com... >I would like to put a working table of content...

Outlook Connection
What would cause Outlook 2007 to want to connect to "remote.domain.com" while still connected to the exchange server on the LAN. It appears to be looking for a proxy to complete Outlook over HTTP but this is a workstation that is on a SBS 2008 Lan and shouldn't be looking for credentials to access the server. If you cancel, the connection is made, but if you try to authenicate it fails and brings you back to the log in prompt. Any thoughts? What address does autodiscover use? It sounds like DNS is sending it to the internet address. Proxy server could be doing i...

How to make MSO close the imap connection after checking mail?
Hi, My server does not allow "idle" connections, and therefore the connection to Microsoft Outlook is closed after a while. I then get a error-message from MSO. How can I make Microsoft Outlook close the connection itself after checking mail? (and thereby I will not get that error?) Regards, �ystein Larsen ...

linking data
Hi, I have a worksheet that I enter details of worksheets handed in by employees i.e. in col1 name, in col2 date and in col3 if worksheets not handed in I enter L,H or S (Late,Holiday or Sick). What I am after is to list the names of employees on a new sheet if they have L,H or S against their name and also to show against their name the reason (Late,Holiday or Sick rather than L,H or S). Hope this makes sense. Thx in advance Kev Have you looked at the possibility of using a pivot table? In essence this gathers required information into a table. Have a look at <Data><Pivot ...

Outlook Connection Unavailable
When I try an add my Exchange server to Outlook 2007 I get (under any user on this particular machine). The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. I have edited the hosts file I can ping my server fine Many many others with 2003 and 2007 Outlook work fine I have deleted the .ost files in local settings I have deleted the profile in the Control Panel with the Mail Icon, created a separt POP3 and then went back to add an Exchange box. I have deleted the profile several times and tried to create a new profile several times...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

How to sort in Excel with headers link to all body parts
I have a table that have subheaders and each subheader with rows of items below them. I wanted to sort all subitems from all subheaders according to value (in one column); and have each subitem link to the subheader as label for that particular item. I guess what I need to do is link a cluster of items to it subheader; so when I sort each item will include the subheader as label to show what subheader it came from. ...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

AYS Link broken?
I am trying to find the link to the "AYS" file - the ones previously posted seem to be broken. Thanks for your help! http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3&SID=dfed6797436b881b7b3d59e73f4c83c1 -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Terye N" <TeryeN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F15B4F-7406-4A4C-BE38-92302C59DDC8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to find the link to the "AYS" file - the ones previously > posted > seem to be broken. Thanks for your help! ...

USB KVM's always plays 'Device Connect' sound
It appears that USB KVM's with Audio support always make Windows XP computers play the 'Device Connect' sound when you switch between computers. Does anyone know of a USB KVM with Audio that can properly emulate the USB connection to the inactive computer, so that the 'device connect' event doesn't occur when switching between computers? <prubin@equilter.com> wrote in message news:293fbb08-74eb-4b65-8807-1c43540b4c88@o10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > It appears that USB KVM's with Audio support always make Windows XP > computers play the &...

vlookup help linking data between worksheet
hi, I have a master list of students (about 200+ )in one worksheet. On the succeeding worksheets are the attendance for seminars. We have more than 20 seminars in a year. Because of the large no of attendees per seminar, I usually type out a list of the students who came for each seminar, so there will be 20 +attendance worksheets. Not all students will come every time and there are new ones for each session. To update on master list, I will sort each sheet by surname, print it out and type in separate column (date) for each session and typed "P" for present and &quo...

Locate link browser #9
Would someone know where in Outlook is located this link browser? When asked by the system, I provided the wrong link (Outlook as a reader) and I would now like to replace it by Firefox. -- ah Never mind. Bug fixed. -- ah "ah" <anonewsgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uLAnZj1eHHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Would someone know where in Outlook is located this link browser? When > asked by the system, I provided the wrong link (Outlook as a reader) and I > would now like to replace it by Firefox. > > -- > ah > ...

CRM Web links appear to be broken
I am able to open the home page and move throught the interface. The issue I have: I open "HOME" and then move throught the website, I hit errors when trying to return to "home" and other links. Errors occur 95% of the time. The error shows as a permission problem, but if I continue to navigate through the site I eventually get to home. I have a new server and just installed MS SBS 2003 with CRM 1.2. I am also unable to load the Outlook client --> during installation, the host computer is unble to locate the CRM server --> the same server I am have web li...

Linking items GREATER THAN O on another worksheet in the same Work
I have a workbook that has about four worksheets … I want to create a list of items that will automatically be included on worksheet tab 4 from Worksheet tab 1 if the quantity for the item listed on the first worksheet has been changed from 0 to any other number (i.e. 1 or 10 etc). I have a list of equipment with pricing on worksheet tab 1 and the list is long. Many of the items will have quantities of zero and will not increase as they will not be selected for the project being created. We have additional columns for cost, extended cost, labor hours etc. If the quantity changes for a...

Links don't work in mail
Hello What would cause outlook (and outlook express) to not allow the links in my emails to work? They open a browser window, but nothing ever gets loaded. If this were happening only for 1 link, I'd say it was the url, but this happens with text links, button links etc. I have to "view source" for the button links, copy the url and paste it into my browser -- and that works fine. Email links seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Terry V Hold curser over link, press shift key, now you can click on link. "Terry V" wrote: > Hello > What would cause ou...

Excel-Sage link error
Hi, I'm trying to connect to our Sage data which is stored in a folder on the server mapped to my L: drive. In Excel, I go to Data > Get External Data > New Database Query... Choose Data Source dialog, pick SageLine50v8* and click OK. I enter manager and my password and then get the following error message: Cannot find all files in data path Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 2.00 I am using Sage v8.00.0019 and Excel 2000. All help appreciated cheers Pete Franklin > In Excel, I go to Data > Get...

test for exernal links
Is it possible to test if a workbook has external links to another workbookl what i am trying to do is display a message when a user closes a workbook saying the workbook has external links. How would i code this?? I believe there is a security setting that does this check when the workbook opens(Excel 2007). "hervinder" <hervinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A95302-287D-4E91-A841-84F44CA309A4@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to test if a workbook has external links to another > workbookl > > what i am trying to do i...

displaying data linked to shape
I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed. (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this. I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice. Thanks in advance jillymc ...

Connection problems
I receive this msg when trying to update my accts. "money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a problem witht he security components on your machine." It goes on to say about not having the latest version of strong encryption. I haven't ever received this before. Everything is up-to-date on the computer, i'm running windows XP with IE6 & MM 2004. Any help would be great cause can't be having the hubby upset about the checking account!! :O} -- Tami Try: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323898 -Mark "...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...

Excel links cells
I would like to know if and how to link couple of cells, Let's say I have inserted a code in a cell, this code is corresponding to coulpe of values in a tabele. I would like that Excel would automatically insert the corresponding values of this code (from the table) in different cells on the same raw. Example: Say I punch a code in cell A1 like GH23(which has a value in a table of 15 points and grade 5), then I would like that automatically Excel would insert the value of this code 15 in the cell A2 and the vaule of its grade 5 in cell A3. I would grealty appreciate any help. Tha...