Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access

I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I
cannot connect outside with Outlook.

I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access:
- First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my
user_VPN/password_VPN
- On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as
https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my
user_mail/password_mail

So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden

In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping
(or tracert) and I can't resolve it even after entering the VPN.

I use Outlook 2007 and the Exchanger server shall be 2003. For my collegue,
he's using Outlook2003 and after entering the same web VPN, he just have to
launch Outlook to retrive mail (without RPC). (I tried is user name and vice
versa so it's not a right issue).

Regards

> I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN)
> but I cannot connect outside with Outlook.

Your best bet is really going to be to talk to your IT department.  There
may be special configurations that they require to get up and running that
we could only guess at.

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP