Can't close Archive folder

I am using Outlook 2000 and for some reason when I try to
close the archive file from the side menu list I get an
error"The operation failed.  An object could not be
found".  Could anyone please tell me why this just
started doing this.  Last week it worked fine.
0
anonymous (74722)

Archiving / monitoring / complaince
Hello everyone, I am looking for a possible IN HOUSE solutions for Archiving and Monitoring E-Mails for NASD and SEC compliance issues. I understand there are several "groups" out there that do outsourced E-Mail archiving, but would like to have the ability to consider in house. Need it to achieve and be able to immediately retrieve - Emails on a moment's notice, or a SEC's moments notice ;) Thanks On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 08:05:21 -0800, "L. DeFoor" <ldefoor@wirejumper.com> wrote: >Hello everyone, > >I am looking for a possible IN HOUSE solutions ...

Search Folder for "Follow up" in Deleted folder
I hate having a large Inbox and prefer to delete items after I read them. However I would like to take advantage of Outlooks "Follow up" Search folder to search on flagged items The default folder will not search on items in the Deleted folder Is there a way to create a Search folder that will search for flagged items across all folders; including Deleted Thanks Jeff In news:1126659017.522440.221740@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, orbojeff <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> typed: > I hate having a large Inbox and prefer to delete items after I read > them. > However I w...

Who deleted a public folder?
Hi everybody, Today when i got to work, one of the public folders i've created is gone? Is there any way for me to see who or what deleted that folder? Thanks for you're help. On 14 Dec 2006 00:05:40 -0800, "Tokatrash" <martin@deamon.dk> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >Today when i got to work, one of the public folders i've created is >gone? >Is there any way for me to see who or what deleted that folder? > >Thanks for you're help. If you are using Exchange 2003 SP2 and already have the general tab for diags logging on the public folder set...

how to recover personal folder password
the password of my personal folder (pst) has been changed by someone. I really need to open my emails, can anyone help me how to get the password so I can open my email. Please kindly reply to riefa@indosat.net.id or post it on the newsgroup. Thanks. Riefa ...

Data File not closed down properly
A month or so ago I posed a question about soon after upgrading to Windows 7, I experienced an error every time I open Outlook saying that the data file was not closed down properly, and it fixes itself over about 10 minutes. It was suggested that add-ins could be the problem, or my using an iPhone Outlook synchronisation app. I have since then disabled all the Add-Ins I can (except Microsoft Office Groove Proxy for Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service, Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-In, OneNote Notes about Outlook Items, Outlook Change Notifier, Send to Bluetooth and Win...

Folders added to "Favorites" disappearing after Outlook 2003 is closed and reopened
As the subject says, when I move a folder into the Favorites pane, if I restart Outlook, it has been deleted. I have tried clicking and dragging, and right clicking and selecting "Add to Favorites" and the results are the same. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance. Mike Freeman mfreeman@itw-sep.com Hi there If you start Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch, this will remove all your favorites (and hopefully clear down any corruption there might be in the favorites settings). Then try re-adding the ones you want and restart Outlook to test. -- TechieBird http://b...

can msoFileDialogFolderPicker display file names in the folder
I am using the following section of code to have a user select a location to save a newly created file (the name is already determined - newname) With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .Show newloc = .SelectedItems(1) End With ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=CStr(newloc) & "\" & newname Everything works fine, but the FolderPicker only displays folders and no contents. While this is not critical, I would like the user to see the folder contents for reference and it is just bugging me that I can't do this. I know that changing...

public folder autoreplies
I have mail-enabled 2 public folders on my SBS2003 server. I would like the sender to recieve a message confirming delivery whenever a new message enters the folder. Cant seem to find where to set this up since I dont havef an account to log into. Any help would be greatly appreciated. you can configure an auto reply by accessing the properties of the folder, then go to the administration tab, Folder Assistant...caution: this can easily precipitate a mail loop... "exchangenoob" <exchangenoob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B62BC7-769D-4082-8C5B-AA67F...

Junk Mail folders
I am not sure if I should ask in Outlook or Exchange group, so I will ask in both. We have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server, IMF is NOT installed. Our clients use Outlook 2003. I tried disabling Junk Mail folder using a GPO. Outlook displays the red X indicating it is indeed disabled for all domain clients. Problem: Mail still goes into the junk mail folder. How do I stop this. I already took out the GPO that disabled it and tried setting it at the client level, but that doesn't change the behavior. I looked everywhere for a reason for this, but absolutely no articles d...

Folders in Outlook 2000
We are running an exchangeserver 2003 and the clients are using Outlook 2000. Some of our user have ekstra folder in there mailboks one in english and one in danish. When I from a mail try to add a contact to "Contacts" it is placed in the contact folder with the danish name. I would like the english folder to be the default contact folder. How can I do that? When I rigth-click on the folders, I'm able to delete the english contact folder but not the danish one. Why is that? Regards Jens Jens <ingenspam.jens-c@nospam.ofir.dk> wrote: > We are running an exchan...

SHBrowseForFolder and "Application Data" folder
Hi, Is there some way to get a directory listing in SHBrowseForFolder that shows hidden folders or "Application Data" folder? m. You need to enable view of hidden/system files/folders before listing them with SHBrowseForFolder. Look at IShellView interface. -- Vladimir "m.wski21.usunto@aust.com" <m.wski21@gazeta.pl> wrote in message news:1138196555.388533.200290@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there some way to get a directory listing in SHBrowseForFolder that > shows hidden folders or "Application Data" folder? > > m....

DPM 2010 Tape Archive
Hello ! The Data Protection Manager team is looking for DPM 2010 deployments (Beta, CTP etc) which have tape backups enabled. This is in order to get feedback and have an understanding of issues. Please send an email to dpmarch AT microsoft DOT com and we will connect to you. Thank you for your co-operation, -- Pranay Prabhakar [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

button "use offline folder" missing
Hi, in my outlook 2002 xp client the button "use offline folder" seems to be gone. After some digging on the internet, one of the possible solutions seemed to be to remove the terminal services (at least for office 2000). After stopping them (can't find a way to remove them completely), still no luck. How do i get this button back? Is there any solution besides doing a complete reinstall of my laptop? I need the offline storage folders since I'm not always online, and still want to have maximum mail funcionality. Thanx for any answers! Jos ...

Password protect folders in Exel
Does anyone know how to protect all files in a folder by password? ...

MSPSO
In MSPOS (not RMS) purchase orders close when all items are recieved and are then posted to accounting (Quickbooks.) However the PO's may need to be changed due to errors or to add final shipping charges. Question: If I change the PO after it has closed and posted to Quickbooks, will the changes be re-posted/refelcted in Quickbooks? thx. -- Mr.J ...

Opportunity Estimated Closed Date returning stange results
Hi, In CRM3, when adding an opportinity, I enter the Estimated Closed date as the 15th of the month. In the opportunity window, the date is correctly displayed as the 15 of the month. Looking at the view Opportunity.EstimatedCloseDate, the date is held as 2006-03-14 13:00:00.000. My Time zone settings are set to GMT + 10. I can only get my reports working correctly if I have my time zone settings set to GMT. Has anyone experienced this issue or have some suggestions? Much appreciated. Thanks Matt Use FilteredViews when accessing data using reports (FilteredOpportunity) and the dat...

all mail goes to deleted folder
I don't know how this happened, but all my incomming mail goes directly to the deleted folder. Not so bad for the junk (I really don't need growth hormone or a refinance) but the stuff I want to see goes there, too. All of it. How do I reverse this? Dave <dalsh@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:0a1f01c3dec2$b7b65f30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I don't know how this happened, but all my incomming mail > goes directly to the deleted folder. Not so bad for the > junk (I really don't need growth hormone or a refinance) > but the stuff I want to see goes the...

Money Archive
Although my "Money" program will do a back-up, it won't archive 1 year of data. I'm using a brand new, newly formatted disc and I get a message that says "A drive is full". Have tried multiple discs with the same message. Can someone help? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Judie wrote: >Although my "Money" program will do a back-up, it won't >archive 1 year of data. I'm using a brand new, newly >formatted disc and I get a message that says "A drive is >full". Have tried multiple discs with the same message. &...

Opening an e-mail closes outlook
A customer of ours has a very odd problem. He has recevied some e-mails which, when he opens them, cause outlook to close itself. Other e-mails from the sames source do not cause this problem and if he forwards the e-mail to other people in the company, they do not have this problem. What is even more bizarre is that if the forwarded e-mail is retuned to the PC where this problem is happening and opens, outlook no longer closes itself when this forwarded copy is opened even though it still does if the original e-mail that was causing the problem is opened. Some of the problem e-mails co...

Outlook doesn't acknowledge new e-mail until i click to a folder
hi everyone i have a user that is using MS Outlook (XP). if someone sends them an e-mail it doesn't show up until they go into their Outlook and click on to a different folder. i've seen it before but don't remember how to fix it! we're running Windows XP as well. any help would be massively appreciated. Shaun letmeoutofhere?? ;) If I understand you right, you want a new mail alert on the desktop. There are three ways, for the first two, Outlook has to be running: 1) Outlook> Tools> Options> E-mail Options> Advanced E-mail Options (for a temporary alert on ...

Year end closing problem
I was doing a year end closing and our system crashed during the inventory closing. I now get an error message when i try to do the closing - can not perform operation while inventory stock count is in process. How do i turn this off? ...

Outlook doesn't close --> WMS Idle
From time to time in recent weeks, when I log out of Windows XP Pro (SP1 with all updates) I get an "End Program" error on "WMS Idle", with the system indicating it can't shut down WMS Idle. Whenever this occurs (it happens only intermitently), Task Manager shows that the OUTLOOK.EXE process is still running. However, the Outlook 2002 application (SP2 with all updates) has been closed. There are no other system symptoms or problems whatsoever and the only software updates done for many months are Windows and McAfee updates. Is anyone aware of a Windows update...

Problems Replicating Public Folders
Hi, I'm at the beginning stages of moving my Org's only exchange server over to a new server. My first step is replicating the public folders over, but I'm running into problems. I'm trying to manually force replication to the new server. The replication status for my existing server reads "in sync" but my new server still reads "local modified". I'm not recieving any errors or event logs indicating any problems, but still seeing no results. On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 06:47:11 -0800, "AndyG" <AndyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

MAPI Public Folder Tree only in one Admin Group?!
Can anyone explain or point me to a link with information on why the MAPI Public Folder tree is "homed" to a specific Admin Group (First)? I am completing a lab- based migration from 5.5 to 2K3 so I don't know if this is an Exchange Mixed vs. Native mode condition. I had planned on multiple Admin Groups managing their own MAPI public folders so this throws a serious monkey wrench in the admin delegation design. Any advice/help is much appreciated! ...

How to print a list of documents in folder
I AM USING EXCEL TO MAINTAIN A PERMANENT LIST OF WORK ORDER DOCUMENTS. I WANT TO TAKE MY NUMERICAL LIST OF DOCUMENTS AS THEY APPEAR WHEN I OPEN THE FOLDER AND PRINT THEM TO USE AS AN INDEX. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME DIRECTION ON HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS TASK? Ernie, Try this which lists the files, and create and modify dates Sub SubGetMyData() Dim objFSO As Object Dim objFolder As Object Dim objFile As Object Dim iRow As Long iRow = 1 Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("c:\MyTest\") For Each objFile In ...