Can't Click on Links in E-mail Messages

Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message, the
following box pops up:

This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on the
computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it so that
I can click on links?

--
Brett

0
lawyer (3)

Hi Brett,

The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having.  Please follow the steps outlined in this article and this should resolve your issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;307818

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "Brett Weiss" <lawyer@brettweiss.com>
>Subject: Can't Click on Links in E-mail Messages
>Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:39:45 -0400
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message, the
>following box pops up:
>
>This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on the
>computer. Please contact your system administrator.
>
>Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it so that
>I can click on links?
>
>--
>Brett

0
scatki (156)
Brett Weiss <lawyer@brettweiss.com> wrote in message
<OHtzNdxbEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>

> Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message,
the
> following box pops up:
>
> This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on
the
> computer. Please contact your system administrator.
>
> Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it
so that
> I can click on links?
>
> --
> Brett
Have you modified your rights on the computer ? or played with that ?
0
liviu (1)

5.7.1 MIME type message/partial not accepted here
I try to send mail so some people and I get this response " 5.7.1 MIME type message/partial not accepted here" can anyone help me with this. Henry ...

how do i find a true value between two different times e.g. 4:15
i would like to find the exact value between two different time in hours and minutes e.g. 4:15 (4 hours 15 minutes) and not 4:42 (4.42 hours) for example. Subtract them! An example: Enter 8:45 in A1 and 5:15 in A2. Enter the formula =A1-A2 in A3 and, voila, the answer is 3:30. Excel will automatically assign the time format to A3 if it has the General number format. -- Jim "Chris01623" <Chris01623@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF16BD54-CC0C-4188-B18D-1C3CE871D95A@microsoft.com... |i would like to find the exact value between two different time in h...

"unable to load personal/free data" MESSAGE
Problem since updating Office to SR-3 (yesterday) I keep getting this message: "unable to load personal/free data" It means nothing to me except that it's irritating. Having checked out HELP it seems to be something to do with letting other people know when I'm busy or free. I haven't got a need to let others know whether I am busy or free, I have never turned on this service. I assume it's to do with the upgrade to SR3. Can anyone help me to get rid of this? Regards Andrew ...

My recipients are not receiving my email messages
I have produced my first email message in Publisher. I sent it to one of my colleagues - but he has not received it, it has been some time now. why is that? I recently removed the MS Office Program "business Contact Manager" because I thought it was slowing me down. Do I need to reinstall that in order to send email messages that I produce in Publisher? Thanks in advance! -- Marc Email in Publisher? Do you mean like a newsletter? What version of Publisher? What version of Outlook? Has to be the same version 2007 Pub & 2007 Outlook or 2003/2003 To do it dir...

Paste Linked Table
Hi Is there any way to paste an already linked table as another linked table as you can do manuualy but programatically? Thanks Martin wrote: >Is there any way to paste an already linked table as another linked table as >you can do manuualy but programatically? A linked table is just another TableDef object with something in its Connect property. That means you can use the DAO CreateTableDef method (see VBA Help) and copy the properties of the existing linked TableDef. That's essentially what Access does when you use Copy/Paste in the Database window. OTOH...

e mail
messages in my inbox keep defaulting once read into my deleted, my inbox has no messages in once read Are they actually being moved to the Deleted Items folder? My guess is that you have set your view to show unread item only. Use the View menu to set your view back to the Messages view or reset the Messages view. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/322 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real Wor...

Retrieve deleted mail
I have been sorting my e-mail into individual folders - and when I went to my sent files everything has been deleted - what happened? and can I get the sent items back? I really need the messages for reference. What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jim <jhooker@slossrealestate.com> asked: | I have been sorting my e-mail into individual folders - | and when I went to my sent f...

Messages reappearing in outlook drafts folder
Hello, I have a client on Exchange 2000, Outlook 2002 who says that old messages are reappearing in his drafts folder that have been sent out in the past...Any ideas? (here's the text of his complaint "My drafts folder keeps randomly resurecting emails from the past and keeping them there. Then the next time I load the program they're gone (or maybe it's after I restart).") --Matt mmucklo@yahoo.com (Matthew Mucklo) wrote in message news:<1085ded3.0403311836.2819afa@posting.google.com>... > Hello, > > I have a client on Exchange 2000, Outlook 2002 who s...

Single Click Files
Realized that I can no longer single click to open files. Found at Folder Options the single click radio button is grayed-out now. Can this be changed? ...

Cant use word as e-mail editor
If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, I get following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I de- and re-installed Office XP complete but issue is still occuring. If you open Word, normally, does it run? >-----Original Message----- >If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, >I get following message: "This form requires Word as your >e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be >found. The form will be open...

white text appearance when control is clicked
Working with Access 2003 and XP. I have a white form with a dark colored header. I placed a transparent control (with the company name) in the header and formatted the text to be white. It looks great, but I want users to be able to click in the control to execute a search function on the organization name. When you click in the control, you get white text on a white background. Even after searching, the cursor stays in the field and you can't see the company name. Is there anyway to turn the background of the activated control to any other color than white? Thanks, Ruth On Jun 20, 12:...

Cannot send e-mail with attachments
I have Exchange 5.5 sp4 Lately I found that there is a problem to send e-mail messages with attachments. When I add attachment and click send, I get warning from microsoft Word 'Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer' and baloon message which says 'Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server servername.domain' Is this Exchange problem or network? What kind of connection (LAN, WAN, dial-up, bandwidth, latency) do you have between client (what version of Outlook) and server? katze wrote: > I have Exch...

POP connector
Hi, I'm a total newbee to Exchange! I've just installed SBS 2003 and configured the POP3 Connector in Exchange to retrieve mail messages from the POP mailbox to my Exchange mailbox. Everything works fine besides that all mail messages get the date from synhronization in stead of the actual mail message date. Can this be configured so the date of a mail message in the Exchange mailbox is the same as the actual date of the mail message in the POP mailbox? Thx, Dennieku On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:13:50 +0200, "Dennieku" <dennieku@hotmail.com> hired a team of monkey...

"Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is dimmed
We are running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. A user recently got married and her AD account was updated to reflect the name change. Since that time, she is no longer able to browse a public contact folder she had previously marked to show as an e-mail address book. She can view it and browse it via Outlook directly with no trouble, but cannot access it via the address book. The option to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is grayed out, preventing her from re-enabling this much-needed feature, and I can't figure out why. I verified her membership in the secu...

CRM 1.2 Workflow e-mail
I created a workflow and e-mail that triggers when a Case is assigned a certain status. I used slugs to insert field data into the e-mail. I have two questions 1. Can I display the date on for the following. Currently the data and time display as in the example provided: &incident.createdon; Currently displays = 2006-03-07T17:35:29Z Desired Change = 2006-03-07 2. I am unable to return the First and Last Name of the Case Owner. I attempted to use the following: &systemuser.FirstName; &systemuser.LastName; I also tried: &systemuser.firstname; &systemuser.last...

forward all mail in the mailbox
We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that most of the time the dept head wants all of the email in the terminated persons mailbox. I have played around with a few different options and was just looking for your input on some ways to do it. currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that seems to be a bit of a pain to me. Thanks for any suggestions. Justin use exmerge.exe to make a copy of the mailbox to a pst file...then the department head can mount the pst as a perso...

can I forward mail without opening/viewing?
I know that sounds like a weird question, but my ISP invites users to forward spam to a special mailboxes in their never-ending (heh) effort to reduce the flow of the junk. With Outlook, I cannot figure out how to forward a message without its opening up for viewing. This is exactly what I don't want to do, because if it's html I really don't want to validate my email address. TIA Jason -- reverse my name in email address Jason, What you would have to do is create "rules" to do this, which you can set Outlook to if it receives a certain criteria, it can say FWD ...

getting message interface error and can't send or receive emails
If I try to move or delete an email I get a message - "The message interface has returned an unknown error. If this problem persists restart outlook." I have restarted outlook several times and also re-booted my PC several times. Still to no avail I cannot send or receive emails now either. While Outlook is closed, rename the Outcmd.dat and *.srs files, then open Outlook again and see if this helped. If not, please post back. Also, please post what version of Outlook you're using. If you have reached the limit on your PST, that could cause the error as well. -- Kathleen...

How to email flyer as the message????
Had no problems with XP. Now have vista and publ 2003 won't give me the option to send my flyers as the message. I only get the option to send as an attachment. How can I correct this???? What program are you using for email? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "reggie" <reggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13AD43CE-5FAC-4D06-809C-05FA02C5F146@microsoft.com... > Had no problems with XP. Now have vista and publ 2003 won't give me the > option to send my flyers as...

Navigation buttons click and hold?
I enherited a database (.mdb) that was recently converted to Access 2007 from Access 2000. The users swear that they used to be able to click and hold the MoveNext navigation button and the form would scroll through all the records. These are the built in navigaion buttons. With Access 2007 the MoveNext button will only move one record per click and clicking and holding no longer moves through all the records. I don't have Access 2000 so I can't verify the old behavior but in 2007 I can see that clicking and holding does not scroll through all the records. Anyone know if it i...

Refresh of links in shared file.
I have created a shared file that has a production schedule. It has links to another non-shared file so that I can use/refresh a query to pull production information from a database and put it into pivot tables. I have a vlookup to find the totals of the part in the pivot table. When I have the schedule file shared and open and I have the "update file" open and then update the query everything in my shared document updates. I save changes. The problem is others cannot see these changes by saving (it works if I type numbers instead of using a link to the update file...

Outgoing Mail
Whenever I send out email, the prompt at the bottom right of my screen says "Connecting", then "Sending mail ...". It then immediately repeats the process. The recipient always receives two copies of my email. I am not a sophisticated user. I probably just have a simple setting wrong, but I do not believe I changed anything from the initial default settings. I am using Windows Vista Home Basic. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? -- Rod Uninstall your anti virus software, reboot, retest "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com>...

IMF
I have a strange problem. Messages are getting moved to the Junk E-mail folder even though they have a rating of 1. Even though both settings in IMF on Exchange are set to 8. This is happening on messages that I have sent to myself from my personal mailbox which I know are not marked as spam in Outlook. It even happens on some messages that are from internal senders. This really makes me worry. Frankie - Have you restarted the Information Store since loading up the IMF? This is required for the threshold setting to be read from the AD (where it is stored) and for proper store action...

Prevent internal mail from leaving the organisation
We have multiple Exchage 2003 SP2 sites that send mail through a bridghead server with an smtp connector pointing to a smart host(our firewall). When a site goes down and routing connectivity is lost, the bridgehead server sends mail to the smart host which sends it back to the bridgehead which sends it back to the smart host etc etc... this results in an NDR "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers" and the mail is bounced after 50 mins. The problem is a site may be down for a day and messages are being bounced after 50 mins. How d...

Message and Tracking Tabs
Message and Tracking Tabs do not appear in sent message when read recipt requested. Any ideas? Thanks ...