Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses

Dear All,
I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book.
Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc.
But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail
addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to
auto-complete them?
I tried most of the settings. It wont work.
What may be the problem?
-Sameer

0
dolpheen (5)

Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook
2002.
Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called
auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of
the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the
name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you
can right click on the name to manually resolve it. Outlook will save the
resolution for future use.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sameer" <dolpheen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
> I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book.
> Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc.
> But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail
> addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to
> auto-complete them?
> I tried most of the settings. It wont work.
> What may be the problem?
> -Sameer

0
russval1 (2100)
6/8/2007 10:33:38 AM
On Jun 8, 3:33 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook
> 2002.
> Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called
> auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of
> the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the
> name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you
> can right click on the name to manually resolve it. Outlook will save the
> resolution for future use.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]"Sameer" <dolph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Dear All,
> > I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book.
> > Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc.
> > But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail
> > addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to
> > auto-complete them?
> > I tried most of the settings. It wont work.
> > What may be the problem?
> > -Sameer

No I managed to install Outlook 2003 on my PC.
The problem still persists.
Autoresolution is working but not able to autocomplete the words. The
words also do not complete when i tab-out of the field. It do show red
lines gives me suggestion by right clicking it.
Please help.
-Sameer

0
dolpheen (5)
6/11/2007 8:43:48 AM
Have you sent enough messages to have populated your autocompletion cache?
--
> On Jun 8, 3:33 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until
>> Outlook
>> 2002.
>> Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called
>> auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out
>> of
>> the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve
>> the
>> name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and
>> you
>> can right click on the name to manually resolve it. Outlook will save the
>> resolution for future use.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]"Sameer" <dolph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Dear All,
>> > I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book.
>> > Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc.
>> > But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail
>> > addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to
>> > auto-complete them?
>> > I tried most of the settings. It wont work.
>> > What may be the problem?
>> > -Sameer
>
> No I managed to install Outlook 2003 on my PC.
> The problem still persists.
> Autoresolution is working but not able to autocomplete the words. The
> words also do not complete when i tab-out of the field. It do show red
> lines gives me suggestion by right clicking it.
> Please help.
> -Sameer

0
russval1 (2100)
6/11/2007 9:00:58 AM
On Jun 11, 2:00 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Have you sent enough messages to have populated your autocompletion cache?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]"Sameer" <dolph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 8, 3:33 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until
> >> Outlook
> >> 2002.
> >> Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called
> >> auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out
> >> of
> >> the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve
> >> the
> >> name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and
> >> you
> >> can right click on the name to manually resolve it. Outlook will save the
> >> resolution for future use.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]"Sameer" <dolph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > No I managed to install Outlook 2003 on my PC.
> > The problem still persists.
> > Autoresolution is working but not able to autocomplete the words. The
> > words also do not complete when i tab-out of the field. It do show red
> > lines gives me suggestion by right clicking it.
> > Please help.
> > -Sameer

No! I just imported the CSV address book and trying this.
Able to get auto-completion for some of the ids to whom i  send mail.
Any other way to populate auto-completion cache?

0
dolpheen (5)
6/11/2007 2:55:23 PM
Sameer <dolpheen@gmail.com> wrote:

> No! I just imported the CSV address book and trying this.
> Able to get auto-completion for some of the ids to whom i  send mail.
> Any other way to populate auto-completion cache?

You can preload the autocompletion cache with all your contacts' addresses,
if you wish.  Open Contacts, select all the contacts with CTRL-A, then click
Actions>New Message to Contact.  This will create a new message window with
all your contacts' addresses in the To field.  Press CTRL-K to resolve them
all and add them to the autocompletion cache.  Then cancel the new message.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/11/2007 3:38:44 PM
Might also want to set Outlook to work offline before you do this just in
case you forget and pull the trigger on this message that you don't really
want to send.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Sameer <dolpheen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No! I just imported the CSV address book and trying this.
>> Able to get auto-completion for some of the ids to whom i  send mail.
>> Any other way to populate auto-completion cache?
>
> You can preload the autocompletion cache with all your contacts'
> addresses, if you wish.  Open Contacts, select all the contacts with
> CTRL-A, then click Actions>New Message to Contact.  This will create a new
> message window with all your contacts' addresses in the To field.  Press
> CTRL-K to resolve them all and add them to the autocompletion cache.  Then
> cancel the new message.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
russval1 (2100)
6/11/2007 8:32:40 PM
On Jun 11, 8:38 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sameer <dolph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No! I just imported the CSV address book and trying this.
> > Able to get auto-completion for some of the ids to whom i  send mail.
> > Any other way to populate auto-completion cache?
>
> You can preload the autocompletion cache with all your contacts' addresses,
> if you wish.  Open Contacts, select all the contacts with CTRL-A, then click
> Actions>New Message to Contact.  This will create a new message window with
> all your contacts' addresses in the To field.  Press CTRL-K to resolve them
> all and add them to the autocompletion cache.  Then cancel the new message.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Yes It works! But is it a temporary effect?
I exited from Outlook and started it again.
This time. when i try to compose a new message, i  am not able to
autocomplete the words.
Also the autocompletion is of e-mails only(part of email got
completed), but if i type a part of "Name" it wont autocomplete. All
the displaynames are same as names.

Any permanent solution?
-Sameer

0
dolpheen (5)
6/14/2007 2:08:40 PM
Sameer <dolpheen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes It works! But is it a temporary effect?

It's not supposed to be.

> I exited from Outlook and started it again.
> This time. when i try to compose a new message, i  am not able to
> autocomplete the words.

If Outlook does not retain the autocompletion data, then you should create a
new mail profile.

> Also the autocompletion is of e-mails only(part of email got
> completed), but if i type a part of "Name" it wont autocomplete. All
> the displaynames are same as names.

I'm not sure I understand what this means.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

forwording email with only my email address
when forwording email-how can I send it with my email address only, when I get one that was forworded to me? On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:29:02 -0700, email wrote: > when forwording email-how can I send it with my email address only, when I > get one that was forworded to me? You have posted this question to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups title refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for the E-mail program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in your message. It might m...

Logon with email address?
Hi all.. I have Exchange 2003 working with OWA etc but when people log into their accounts, they use some crazy username that I setup and a password. Is there a way for people to log into OWA with just their email address? I'm using Exchange to host my web hosting domains, not for corporate. So there are multiple domains on here. Any thoughts? Thanks Create a UPN alias that matches their email address. Nue "mikeyatsony" <mikeyatsony@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148576206.147397.32140@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all.. > I have Exchange 2003 working...

reciving e-mails
is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. stephen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to > reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a > few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. Are you saying you want a "safe list"? That is a list of people from whom you will accept mail and messages from anyone else are rejected. What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Hide From All Address Lists
Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 question I have accounts that I don't want to appear on the address lists, but I still want the appropriate people to be able to use/check them Whenever I select the "Hide From All Address Lists" option in active directory account, I can no longer setup the account in outlook... when I try to add the account to an exchange profile in outlook I get the error that the user is not on any address list How can I accomplish what I want to do, which is hide an account from address lists but still allow a user to send/receive email through it. Example,...

Junk Mail Filtering
Are there easier, more intuitive ways to filter adult-content and general junk e-mails within the Organize features already present in Outlook 2002? Are their products out their that I can add to the existent system rather than downloading new stand-alone software packages? I modified the "filters.txt" file but still am not pleased with the increasing amount of junk mail I receive. I feel your pain...I just sent a couple of comments to MS about how poor their SPAM filtering is. Other web mail will flag all bulk email that can be deleted at one time With Mr. Gates working with the...

How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?
I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this? One way is to format the input column / range as Text first (via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16725A60-590A-4658-857A-2E6C8420D253@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects > it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from do...

downloading or exporting folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook 2000
Is there any way to export my email folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook2000? Thanks for your help. Dianne NO. ...

Auto Out of Office reply outlook 2000
Is there an option to use the automatic out of office e- mail reply with outlook 2000. Thanks The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. You can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:055001c3cf33$c31bda10$a101280a@phx.gbl,...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Lost mail msgs
Is there any explanation why all my mail msgs in my inbox disappeared and is there a way to recover them. I am using Outlook 2003 on a private network at my office. I am devasted. ...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

Auto-send pivot table per user
I have a pivot table which is the performance benchmarking per user. Now what I am doing is double click on user name to drill down their performance per job, copy and plaste it on email, type the email address according to address list, and send to them one by one. Is there any built-in function or VBA/ macro to do these steps with one click? Try Ron de Bruin's website, I needed to do something similar, where I had a pivot table and I needed to email each page field of a pivot table to a different email recipient. The website is as follows:- http://www.rondebruin.nl -- Gary Bro...

no subject e mails, how do I deal with them?
I am receiving loads of 'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content. What causes these mails anyway? Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of = Outlook, it would be hard to say. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, T5 asked: | I am receiving ...

invalid from address
Any external mail sent with invalid from address (eg. blank from address or email address not available in Active directory) are not going out through the smtp connector. Instead it is getting routed back to the internal exchange 5.5 server and being NDR'ed. Any help in this regard. Regards GP In news:erdWgmjgFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, GP <vguru@yahoo.com> typed: > Any external mail sent with invalid from address (eg. blank from > address or email address not available in Active directory) are not > going out through the smtp connector. Instead it is getting ...

Inventory items should auto fill description in Req mgmt
Inventory items should auto fill the description field in requisition management but only if the description field is blank. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

why, when I send an email to my own address
-- Trying to get ahead One thought is that your email account (or your email provider) has a filter in place to trap spoofed messages. Any message with an improbable from address (such as from yourself)can be black listed instead of being forwarded. Ken "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CADE178-3744-4973-901A-567BF92AFA8B@microsoft.com... > > -- > Trying to get ahead ...

auto-updating the auto-updater so 12.0.1 can be installed forces a complete delete and reinstall of office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Okay - I must confess I never thought that the mac geeks that work for microsoft had any affinity for writing bad code, but i definately found some in the auo-updating system - which after a reinstall didnt recognise that 12.0.1 OR its own update were ready for download - i had to download 12.0.1 as a .dmg and have NO idea how to force the upgrader program to upgrade itself like its supposed to -- because it DID SO ONCE, and as of this moment none of the applications that are updated by that package refect that they have...

Outgoing E-mail
Hi When i am sending an outgoing CRM E-mail my E-mail address is displayed in the "From" field when it reaches the recipient - Can this be changed to a more "normal" behavior where the users names are displayed in the "From" field. Thanks Jakob ------=_NextPart_0001_088915B6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good Morning Jakob, Outbound CRM email should include the display name of the user sending the email. If you are only seeing the email address, please ensure your display name in Outlook/Exchange matches what is displayed in ...

Send E-Mail Immediately in Outlook XP
In OE 6.x, e-mails that are written and marked for transmission are sent immediately, without having to open the OE client. However, with Outlook XP, it seems that the user must open the actual client and send the e-mail from there, instead of just clicking "send" on the e-mail he is composing. Note this is different from the "Send Immediately When Connected" checkbox under Tools>Options>Mail Setup, as this only seems to apply to messages composed and sent while the client is running. I want to configure Outlook XP to have the same behavior as OE in this instance, o...

mail merge with different subjects
I have to sent email messages with mail merge with different subjects. I have excel sheet which contains subject, email address fields. please help -- With gratitude, Faisal Ijaz You cannot do it with mail merge out-of-the-box. You could do it with a modification of the code used in the the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

Auto Insert Services Rendered into GP from SQL DB
We have a seperate SQL Server database where timesheets or items of work are captured when performed by someone in our organization. Currently a report is run against the SQL database and then someone manually enters in the transaction into GP. We want to automate this. Is there some program that mimics the manual entry whereby I can export the data from the SQL DB? ...

e-mail address privacy question
I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new product introduction. I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before. If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their e-mail addresses to be public like this. Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see everyone else's e-mail address? Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses...

E-mail links
After switching from my ISP dail up to cable I am unable to click on a link in outlook 2002. It opens the browser but does not fill in the address. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thankyou Do other URL links within the Windows environment (in a word doc, on the desktop etc) also result in this behaviour? I had something similar to this happening for many many months. It turned out a few DLL's had to be reregistered. I actually don't recall exactly what I did... I know urlmon.dll was one of them... but there were a few others in my case that needed to be registered. There are ...

Cannot send mail
Hi All, I have below code which works great for 80% of the users but for 20% it doesn't work. On Error GoTo Err_Kommandoknapp181_Click stText = Me.Greeting & " " & Me.Actual_Name StSubject = Me.Subject & "" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me.E_mail_address, , , StSubject, stText Exit_Kommandoknapp181_Click: Exit Sub Err_Kommandoknapp181_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Kommandoknapp181_Click Has anyone encountered this problem? The only error message is: Merec cannot send this e-mail message /(Merec being the Datab...

live mail sending blocked
receive the following error message when i try to send a email. 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support. I don't believe that I have violated the terms of use, please unblock my account. -- Greeting earthlings On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:26:01 -0800, 1martian wrote: > receive the following error message when i try to send a email. > > 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This acco...