can't add addressses to contacts from incoming mail

when I recieve email in outlook2002 I can see the persons
name in the 'from' field, but can not add it to my
contacts - there is no feature to do this.  And if I
click reply, it just puts the 'display name' and not the
email address in the reply so I can not send them replies.

The only way to fix this is to ask them to type their
email address in the body of the email message and then
add it to my contacts list.

Is this a bug?  Or a design feature??!!

produce contacts from recieved emails
I have a mailbox, which has 300 emails in it in Outlook 2000, and I would like a way of creating either a "contact" or an item in a Personal Address Book without opening each email and clicking the name and add to contacts? Is there a addin or a way of doing this? Thanks Garry W ...

Can't find LDAP Directory Server for sending my mail
I am using my Outlook a lot. Have many contacts in my outlook system. When I like to look them up as a list, I get "Cant find LAPD directory server (81). My address book is not listing all the contacts that I have emailed to. Hope that you can help. Arthur Grin agrin <agrin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using my Outlook a lot. Have many contacts in my outlook system. > When I like to look them up as a list, I get "Cant find LAPD > directory server (81). My address book is not listing all the > contacts that I have emailed to. Hope that you can help. ...

Exporting mailing list to MS Word using Mail Merge
I am having trouble using the Mail Merge fuction on MS Word 2003. I cannot import list from saved .xls file in Excell 2003. I have full customer information fileds including name, address, and city/state fields but cannot import these fields to Word to create mailing labels.Need help! Thank You Each entry in the excel file needs to be on one row. Example: A2 = lastname1, B2 = firstname1, C2 = Address1, D2 = state1 ... A3 = lastname 2, B3 = firstname2 etc etc Make sure there is no other information on that sheet (except possibly column headers) Then in Word, using the mail me...

So, I guess I am in need of help with an "IF THEN" statement here... I have 18k records on a sheet. I am trying to 'auto-evaluate' the database - I don't want to send 10 catalogs to 1 address if there are 10 customers. I just want to send 2 for up to 5 customers, 3 for 5+... I don't want to waste that much paper (both capital, and physically, paper). I was hoping I could simply filter down the listings, not from 10 to 1, but from 10 to 3, and from 5 to 2... Does this make sense? Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks, ...

Making an appointment with a contact
I'm new to Outlook and must be missing something...if I want to make an appointment with a contact, there doesn't seem to be a way to just choose the contact; I have to type in the Subject and Location but it seems there should be a way to select the contact (I'm used to ACT! if that helps). Version of Outlook? Are you looking at the Contact first or in the process of creating the appointment? In the contact - Actions, New appointment In the appointment - use the Contact linking field. If you need more specifics, we need to know the outlook version. -- Diane P...

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook
Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates any suggestions ? Thanks JGM -- "Oh Lord, may I be directed what to do and what to leave undone. " (Fry) What happens when you try? What version of Outlook and what updates did you apply? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23vukPCwrDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, JGM wrote: > Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates > > any suggestions ...

How to stop Outlook 2K/XP from popping up asking for permission to send mail from a VB application
Once applied the latest security patches from Microsoft, OL on our VB app client machines keep popping up dialog box asking for permission to send mail using OL. Is there anyway to by pass this programmatically or by configuring OL client? Thanks a million. Bill Hello Bill, I don't think so, and I don't think there is a registry setting either. But having just retired (from an IT helpdesk position) I know our department seriously looked into this and in the end opted for "ClickYes" as a workaround until they got the software modified. I have pasted a hyperlink below. http...

e-mail indvl rows to e-mail address w/in row
This is a longshot.... Any ideas on how to send individual rows of data, in separat documents, through Lotus R.5, to the e-mail addresses entered in Colum A of each row, preferably complete with the column headings -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following *may* give you a clue: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "upstate_steve >" <<upstate_steve.16yz4c@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Ne...

Investment Account will not Delete
Hello, I have an ING account that I no longer use and is closed now. If I try to close or delete the account when I come back into Money another appears. I now have several ING Investment Accounts listed in Money (i.e. ING Direct Investment #1, #2, #3, etc) due to my multiple attempts to remove or even close so it would not show up. Any idea on how to fix this bug in Money 2007 Premium. My version is 16.0.125.1303. Thanks for any help in advance! In microsoft.public.money, Steven wrote: > >I have an ING account that I no longer use and is closed now. If I try to >c...

Junk mail limit?
When I try to create a new rule to move certain addresses into my junk mail folder, I get the following response "This Rule Could Not Be Created. Check Your Folder Options." I already have quite a few addresses going directly to my junk mail. Is there a limit on how many are allowed? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks! ...

contacts w/wrong names problem
I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it. How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing" several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue. Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details others could understand. Include versions and precise steps t...

Printing Mailing Labels
My Application creates labels used to id products to be shipped to customers. It works very nicely, except when a customer's name is exceptionally long and when combined with other required info on the line, forces the text to wrap which then caused everything to get out of sych. I can't limit the length of text at the input stage, this data is used through out the application and is needed in its entirety. I have two thoughts. First, I thought there must be a way to get the system to truncate the last (right most) field, rather than wrap. Second, although this is probably ...

issue sending direct E-Mail
I am not able to send direct emails from our CRM 3.0 deployment. - We use an SMTP service - Sending email for a spceific account works fine. But sending "Direct email" for a bunch of selected accounts does not work. I do not see any error messages, but nothing ever happens. - I verified that the bulk email service is up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated Check the CRM Workflow Service is also running -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "appsmr" wrote: > I am not able t...

searching for mail address in outlook 2007
Hi, When I use instant search in outlook 2007 and search for part of an email address i don't find any mail, although I know for sure they exist in the mailbox. E.g. if I want to find all mail from people working at company X and I know they all have e-mail addresses ...@company_x.com. If I then search for company_x I get zero hits. Why? If I know one of their co-workers is named John Doe and I search for John Doe I find all mails from him. Jonas ...

Blank E-mail After Upgrade to Outlook 2003
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and now many of my e-mails (it appears that many are html) are coming across blank. Additionally, many of my messages are being downloaded twice. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? ...

payment by check
Hi! We take personal checks but I would like to add the drivers lincense number to the transaction as well. Anyway to add that just to Check tenders? Thx, Manny ...

Add vertical lines to a line chart (already has 2 Y axis)
Hi, I have a report I update each month. And while most of the information is based on numbers one of the series is a percentage, so has it own axis. I've set up the spreadsheet so that each week when data is added then another part of the spreadsheet shows it, this part of the spreadsheet only shows the last 28 weeks, so I have no need to change the cells the graph is looking at (since it always shows the last 28 weeks) The problem is that I need to have vertical lines to show different months. The closest i've managed is to put a seconardy X axis with gridlines for every mont...

Contact filtering anomaly (Outlook 2000)
I have a category called 'Out of touch'. It is never the only category of a contact (ie: each 'Out of touch' contact belongs to at least another category) I want to have a view where I see all my contacts NOT belonging to 'Out of touch'. However, when I do : Customize current view / Filter / Advanced / [Categories] [doesn't contain] [Lost touch] I get no results at all. This actually happens with any category that I want to eliminate from the view. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Thanks, W. ...

Send mail
Hi. I have one external pdf writer from hp that use my exchage server for sending mail. After we have uppgrade our exchange servers to 2003 we can no longer use it. I can se that the unit is leaving mail at the smtp que but after that the are gone. When tracking the message we recive this : smtp:message submitted to advanced queuing smtp:started message submission to advanced queue smtp:message submitted to categorizer Hp says is pointing at that we are require autentication for the server. But what I will say is that we allow anonumus. I am able to logon with Telnet and send mail from a cp...

e-mail errors
I used to have Outlook Express e-mail. I can no longer get it. It is now microsoft and that is not my default e-mail anymore. How can I get my e-mail now? "Marilyn" <mkeene@grande.com> wrote in message news:37EEFE75-68DD-4A63-8110-0415A7913C7B@microsoft.com... >I used to have Outlook Express e-mail. I can no longer get it. It is now >microsoft and that is not my default e-mail anymore. How can I get my >e-mail now? Windows Mail is the same as OE as far as setting it up. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windo...

send mail fail using cable modem
I cannot send mail using a cable modem. receive works fine. I installed outlook express and it can receive/send using same account as outlook, but outlook fails to send. do not get ans error message, email just disappears in a "black hole" -- outlook version 9.0.0.3821 -- using a linksys LNE100TX nic Surely it is because the email account (SMTP server) is incorrectly setup. Re-read your mail service provider's instructions. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms curtis wrote: > I cannot send mail using a cable modem. receive works > fine. I install...

Outlook Notes Connector to local mail.nsf
Finally got rid of my Notes mail. After successfully installing the Outlook Notes Connector I'm trying to connect to my local LN mail file, but the Connector insists of providing the LN mail server name and trying to create a connection to it. Is it possible to configure the Connector for an "offline" usage, where I'm connected to my local LN mail file? Thanks in advance for the feedback. Ex-Notes User Outlook Connector for Domino, connects only Microsoft Office Outlook to IBM Lotus Domino server. "Ex-Notes User" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How can I set all mail in inbox as unread?
After I read email, it isn;t showing as opened. I tried to change it so it owuld and inadvertently changed all emails to show as opened. How do I switch it back. My computer was stoeln (with no backup) and trying to recreate what I had before is a REAL challenge! You can select the messages which you want to mark as unread again and then use Edit-> Mark as Unread or press CTRL+U. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Re...

sharing outlook contacts/calander over network
I have several computers networked together that all run Outlook. I would like for them to be able to share their contacts and calender so that I do not have to update them each individually. How do I do this? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm is a good place to start. It actually sounds like you are a good candidate for a mail server. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: John <jhall@vt.edu> asked: | I have several computers networked together that all ru...

Running Internet Mail and Exchange Mail Concurrently
We are planning a migration from POP3 to IMAP(Exchange Server) e-mail. We still prefer users (for a limited time) to be able to retrieve POP3 mail using the same MS Outlook 2K client. Is it possible to configure Outlook 2000 to do this??? Just to clarify, you're going to be using IMAP4 to connect to Exchange or are you going to be using MAPI ("default") connection to the Exchange Server? You can set up multiple Internet accounts using Outlook 2000. In what mode do you have Outlook installed? Check the second line in the resulting Window by selecting Help | About Microsof...