Hi,
I had the comcast news server working in both aps, but trying to make it
work with outlook 2003 as the default program to access the newsgroup
reader, by removing the newsgroup account in outlook express 6, I now can't
get it to connect in either ap.  duh...
It's completely gone from Outlook 2003, ie, where before, under the go
button there was a link to news, now there is not.

Outlook express 6 still has the newsgroup reader, that's how I'm sending
this, but when i try to go to the comcast news server it repeatedly asks for
my
username and password.  I deleted the account and made it again 4 times,
with the same result.  From here, it looks like the comast server is down
because I just can't connect to it.  The email part works fine.  I'm using
winxp home on a compaq laptop.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Mike

0
hermboehm (16)

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:54:32 -0400, Mike Hollywood wrote:

> Hi,
> I had the comcast news server working in both aps, but trying to make it
> work with outlook 2003 as the default program to access the newsgroup
> reader, by removing the newsgroup account in outlook express 6, I now can't
> get it to connect in either ap.  duh...
> It's completely gone from Outlook 2003, ie, where before, under the go
> button there was a link to news, now there is not.
>
> Outlook express 6 still has the newsgroup reader, that's how I'm sending
> this, but when i try to go to the comcast news server it repeatedly asks for
> my
> username and password.  I deleted the account and made it again 4 times,
> with the same result.  From here, it looks like the comast server is down
> because I just can't connect to it.  The email part works fine.  I'm using
> winxp home on a compaq laptop.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,

MS Outlook 2003 is not a news client. MS Outlook 2003 invokes some stripped
down version of MS Outlook Express 6 for reading, and posting to, news
groups. I am not familiar with MS Outlook 2003, so I am not familiar with
the details of the interaction.

--
Norman
~I'll be there, by your side

Since my first posting I managed to gain access to the reader via both
programs again, don't
ask me how!, I added, changed settings, deleted, things so many times it's
all a mush now.

However, I'm still stuck at the point of accessessing comcast's newsgroup
server.  I went to
their website and read their FAQs about setting up access but as far as I
can tell I was
already doing it the way they outlined.

???

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

"N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:54:32 -0400, Mike Hollywood wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I had the comcast news server working in both aps, but trying to make it
>> work with outlook 2003 as the default program to access the newsgroup
>> reader, by removing the newsgroup account in outlook express 6, I now
>> can't
>> get it to connect in either ap.  duh...
>> It's completely gone from Outlook 2003, ie, where before, under the go
>> button there was a link to news, now there is not.
>>
>> Outlook express 6 still has the newsgroup reader, that's how I'm sending
>> this, but when i try to go to the comcast news server it repeatedly asks
>> for
>> my
>> username and password.  I deleted the account and made it again 4 times,
>> with the same result.  From here, it looks like the comast server is down
>> because I just can't connect to it.  The email part works fine.  I'm
>> using
>> winxp home on a compaq laptop.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions,
>
> MS Outlook 2003 is not a news client. MS Outlook 2003 invokes some
> stripped
> down version of MS Outlook Express 6 for reading, and posting to, news
> groups. I am not familiar with MS Outlook 2003, so I am not familiar with
> the details of the interaction.
>
> --
> Norman
> ~I'll be there, by your side
> ~in the land of Twilight.
> ~In your dream I will go
> ~'till we find the Sunlight.

0
hermboehm (16)
8/14/2005 5:10:47 AM
This morning it works normally.
I have no idea why it didn't work last night.

0
hermboehm (16)
8/14/2005 3:21:51 PM
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:21:51 -0400, Mike Hollywood wrote:

> This morning it works normally.
> I have no idea why it didn't work last night.

I can't speak for Comcast, but earlier this week my ISP, SBC Yahoo!, made
some changes in their NNTP clusters which left California customers in the
pacbell.net domains unable to authenticate to the servers. I kept getting
an "authentication failed" error. Sometimes, errors are caused at the other
end.

--
Norman
~I'll be there, by your side

help about accessing deleted items
Hi, would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from outlook. which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great help for me to understand. thanx in advance . Best Regards __ Are you trying to retrieve deleted items? Are you using an Exchange server in your environment? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "aatif.amin@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids fr...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Excel not Access

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away