can't access all of my back up after using Osirius program

Hi,

I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003.

I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup
from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with no
problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the
drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my
backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure
without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails are
not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items
and also all of my accounts as they should be but it hasn't restored
anything in my in box or any of the folders that I had within the In box.
Infact it seems to have only restored Archived emails and nothing within the
last 6 months

The Backup file size is all there (400MB) but it only restores a bit under
100MB. I have tried it on two other machines and also with a newly installed
Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002

One of the options is to restore to another place (not straight into the
program) which I have also tried but this time it only seems to restore the
settings and then says ' Unable to create directory'

Any thoughts would be nice!

0
lenny1097 (22)

Here's a little further help, sorry I forgot to add that before I replied:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
K. Orland
Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form

"lenny" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003.
>
> I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup
> from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with no
> problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the
> drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my
> backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure
> without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails are
> not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items
> and also all of my accounts as they should be but it hasn't restored
> anything in my in box or any of the folders that I had within the In box.
> Infact it seems to have only restored Archived emails and nothing within the
> last 6 months
>
> The Backup file size is all there (400MB) but it only restores a bit under
> 100MB. I have tried it on two other machines and also with a newly installed
> Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002
>
> One of the options is to restore to another place (not straight into the
> program) which I have also tried but this time it only seems to restore the
> settings and then says ' Unable to create directory'
>
> Any thoughts would be nice!

0
KOrland1 (1012)
7/4/2005 6:08:01 PM
Make sure you remove read only access to the file after you copy it back to
its original sytem folder. Also, don't import the PST. Add personal folders
to your profile and point them to the PST.
--

"lenny" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003.
>
> I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup
> from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with no
> problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the
> drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my
> backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure
> without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails are
> not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items
> and also all of my accounts as they should be but it hasn't restored
> anything in my in box or any of the folders that I had within the In box.
> Infact it seems to have only restored Archived emails and nothing within the
> last 6 months
>
> The Backup file size is all there (400MB) but it only restores a bit under
> 100MB. I have tried it on two other machines and also with a newly installed
> Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002
>
> One of the options is to restore to another place (not straight into the
> program) which I have also tried but this time it only seems to restore the
> settings and then says ' Unable to create directory'
>
> Any thoughts would be nice!

0
KOrland1 (1012)
7/4/2005 6:08:02 PM
If you used MS Outlook Backup this merely creates a copy of your pst file,
which contains all contacts and mail.
Once this backup is copied to hd, with read only flag off you merely open it
in OL
But you mention "Osirius" ???

"lenny" <lenny1097@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003.
>
> I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup
> from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with
no
> problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the
> drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my
> backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure
> without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails
are
> not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items
> and also all of my accounts as they should be but it hasn't restored
> anything in my in box or any of the folders that I had within the In box.
> Infact it seems to have only restored Archived emails and nothing within
the
> last 6 months
>
> The Backup file size is all there (400MB) but it only restores a bit under
> 100MB. I have tried it on two other machines and also with a newly
installed
> Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002
>
> One of the options is to restore to another place (not straight into the
> program) which I have also tried but this time it only seems to restore
the
> settings and then says ' Unable to create directory'
>
> Any thoughts would be nice!

0
DL
7/4/2005 7:29:26 PM
Yes I have used Osirius Outlook Backup ( a Dutch company piece of software).
It has served well in the past. It produces a .ebk file if that is any help.

"DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> If you used MS Outlook Backup this merely creates a copy of your pst file,
> which contains all contacts and mail.
> Once this backup is copied to hd, with read only flag off you merely open
> it
> in OL
> But you mention "Osirius" ???
>
> "lenny" <lenny1097@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003.
>>
>> I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup
>> from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with
> no
>> problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the
>> drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my
>> backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure
>> without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails
> are
>> not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items
>> and also all of my accounts as they should be but it hasn't restored
>> anything in my in box or any of the folders that I had within the In box.
>> Infact it seems to have only restored Archived emails and nothing within
> the
>> last 6 months
>>
>> The Backup file size is all there (400MB) but it only restores a bit
>> under
>> 100MB. I have tried it on two other machines and also with a newly
> installed
>> Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002
>>
>> One of the options is to restore to another place (not straight into the
>> program) which I have also tried but this time it only seems to restore
> the
>> settings and then says ' Unable to create directory'
>>
>> Any thoughts would be nice!

0
lenny1097 (22)
7/4/2005 7:58:24 PM
> Yes I have used Osirius Outlook Backup ( a Dutch company piece of
software).
> It has served well in the past. It produces a .ebk file if that is any
help.

Might be an idea to contact Osirius about this?

0
gordon7598 (483)