Can PST file be import with OE V6?

I'm trying to import file from OUTLOOK 2000 (*.PST) into
my new laptop with Outlook Express (V6).

But whenever I choose OUTLOOK for import I get an error
messages "Cannot import messages from MAPI client". This
is even before I need to tell OE what&where the file is
located.

Does anybody know how I can import *.PST file into OE V6?

Thanks,

I no longer have the Outlook programe disk anymore (only
*.PST file backup).

Are there any other solution than to install Outlook to
this new laptop?  :)

If not I guess I'll just have to buy Outlook again just
to fix it :(

pst as it's default
>message store.
>2) Import into OE.
>

>--
>Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
>
>Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
>Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:
>http://groups.google.com/groups?
as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:57:13 -0700, "jarama" <james_rama@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks,
>
>I no longer have the Outlook programe disk anymore (only
>*.PST file backup).
>
>Are there any other solution than to install Outlook to
>this new laptop?  :)

You could import your .pst file from Outlook into Outlook Express on
your old computer. Then you'd just have to transfer your Outlook
Express files into the Outlook Express on your new computer.
--
Rich Cervenka
Chicago, Illinois, USA

folders
>under "Personal Folder". It can see only folders which is
>located on the mail server.
>
>Do you know how can I get it to see those personal email
>folders in Outlook?
>
>Thank you.

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Moving files Outlook 2003
I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does anyone know how to accomplish this move? Wayne <was2480@msn.com> wrote: > I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does > anyone know how to accomplish this move? http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm tells the files. The easiest is to simply copy your PST to the new PC, put it in some folder, giving it a name that doesn't match any other PST, make sure it's not read-only, and use Outlook's File>Open>Outlook Data File to open it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Missing Measures in .cub file created in Excel
After using Excel's Offline OLAP features which create a local cube file (.cub), many of the desired measures which I included in the wizard setup are not displayed. I'm looking for a reason for this. The data populating this cube file is from a virtual cube, so background calculations take place. I considered that those measures requiring calculation would not be included once seperated from the original virtual cube... but many calculated measures WERE included so I don't think that's the complete explination. I've varied the measures included in the .cub file...

How do i import global address book?
I need to import address from Outlook xp to exchange global address book. Everytime i try to do this all i get is the group names and there is no one under the groups? If you know how to fix this will you PLEASE email me and let me know what i need to do. Thank you for your time. Daniel daniel@jsoftintl.net You can either create PF with items of Contact type and import your contacts there or you can import them into GAL. First option allows anybody to manage them, second allows to crate server-side DLs of much bigger size. PSS ID Number: 155414 X...

how to extact a compressed file
I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help Winnie Hello Winnie Winnie wrote: > I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help is this a Word problem? Have you inserted ZIP files as objects in word, for instance? If not, better ask in a forum/newsgroup for your ZIP application or your operating system HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | http://www.masteringword.eu/ ...

Using friendly Avatars in Powerpoint simple import
I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link for your members. www.alteregos.com its a wizard driven software solution that produces video output in either AVI, SWF or Flash video, the content can be instantly imported directly into most compositions tools such as PowerPoint, Camtasia, Microsoft Video Editor etc, giving dramatic flexibility of use. It was initially designed as a generic avatar tool, but its major uptake is...

Any way to import data into Deluxe Portfolio Manager under a different user id?
I have my investment portfolio on MSN Money's Deluxe Portfolio Manager, but I would like to play some "what if's" by creating a new user ID, importing a backup file of my original account, then "pretending" to sell and reinvest in other positions. I thought this would be pretty easy to do, but when I try to import the backup file into the new account, it says that the e-mail and password I'm using on MSN doesn't match the one in the backup file, so it doesn't let me do it. Is there any way around this, or do I actually have to spend days re- entering a...

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

HOW CAN i DEVELOP A FORMULA THAT RESTRICY SYMBOLS CHARACTERS TO B
I am trying to developt a formula that restrict symbol characters to be entred as data, help me! This will limit data entry to alphanumeric characters: =SUMPRODUCT((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)>="A")*(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)<="Z")+ISNUMBER(-MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)))=LEN(A1) Are there any other characters which you may wish to enter? Steve D. "Rodrjua" <Rodrjua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61E5CBBC-B00E-4BCF-B46D-8A9B5D247836@micr...

Importing Distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem to locate any data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem because of that. thanks Kevin Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing > distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the > .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem > to locate any data t...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in cr
why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist "ruchie" <ruchie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56CA25CA-151E-4488-81A2-28805B4E5F80@microsoft.com... > why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist Did you set up an email account in Outlook? ...

Can't shut down outlook
When I shut down my computer after having used my outlook program I have been getting an "end program" notice for outlook.exe giving me a few seconds to click "end now" before I can shut down. I have closed outlook and all other programs before I shut down. I ran outlook "detect and repair" but to no avail. Windows seems to think that outlook is still running when I shut down. What should I do? ...

trouble openning file
I am drawing a blank again regarding the correct way to read files. Here is the pertinent section of code I am troubled by: CString JobFile="C:\\temp\\1.dat"; CFile in; CByteArray buffer; if(!in.Open(JobFile, CFile::modeRead)){ AfxMessageBox("Error opening file"); return; } buffer.SetSize(in.GetFileSize()); if(in.Read(buffer.GetData(), buffer.GetSize()) != buffer.GetSize()){ AfxMessageBox("Error reading file"); return; } in.Close(); When I compile I get the following error: error C2039: 'GetFileSize' : is not a member ...

GDI+ mfc save Bitmap to File Stream
Hi, I am using GDI+ in mfc. I have a file pointer declared as File *fpOut; This file pointer is also used for writing to other text data to the file. I am not sure how to save an image to this file stream. When Bitmap.Save function to save to stream the first parameter is of type IStream and not FILE. Any suggestions on what can be done? Thanks, -Asfar ...

Importing Accounts intto MSCRM
I'm trying to import Accounts into MSCRM 1.2 with the DTS. But unfortunatly without succes. I think I make a simple error when I import the excel file into the CDF. It's also possible that my excel file is not correct. I studied the documentation several time from the beginning to the end, without success. It would be perfect when somebody could send me an example of an import file which was a success (account, contact what ever....). With this, I could verify if my installation is fine and the import process works. Or if somebody has another idee, your welcome. Regards Pauler In the...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Import/Export sql tables to an XML file?
Hi, How can I export/import data from SQL server tables to/from an XML file? Note: I want to tdo this from a desktop application written in c# and uses sql server tables for storing data. Is there a way to do this? Also, are there libraries that already do this? Thanx in advance... ...

Seeking XXX.PST
In a well-behaved Windows 7 Home Premium 64 environment, where should Outlook 2003 store the .PST file? By default; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm But then you may have stored it elsewhere "PT" <inconnu3939@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e6126dc9-673f-4b41-a003-4aede02b29ed@s31g2000yqs.googlegroups.com... > In a well-behaved Windows 7 Home Premium 64 environment, where should > Outlook 2003 store the .PST file? ...

How can I just count the records where the check boxes are "No"
I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many records are out of compliance. Please HELP need by this afternoon Julie Gilliam <Julie Gilliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not >checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many >records are out of compliance. Use a text box with an expression like any of: =Count(IIf([check field], Null, 0)) or =Sum(IIf([check field...