Can outlook tasks/appointments update multiple calendars?

Hello all,

* Outlook 2002
* Exchange 5.5

I would like to setup a departmental calendar that gets updated by
individual users calendars, is this possible?

The reason for this is so that that when a users enters their holiday
dates into their own calendar the departmental calendar is also
updated.  I would also like the departmental calendar to show the
username instead of just showing 'Holiday'.

I'm aware that appointments can be copied from one calendar to another
but this leaves two seperate appointments.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

0
police (5)

See my response to your other post on this issue.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"David Gray" <police@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> * Outlook 2002
> * Exchange 5.5
>
> I would like to setup a departmental calendar that gets updated by
> individual users calendars, is this possible?
>
> The reason for this is so that that when a users enters their holiday
> dates into their own calendar the departmental calendar is also
> updated.  I would also like the departmental calendar to show the
> username instead of just showing 'Holiday'.
>
> I'm aware that appointments can be copied from one calendar to another
> but this leaves two seperate appointments.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dave.

0
suemvp (4038)
1/26/2005 1:25:27 PM
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:25:27 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

>See my response to your other post on this issue.

Hi Sue,

In which group did you post the response?  I can't see any apart from
this message.

Dave.

0
police (5)
1/26/2005 3:08:31 PM
My apologies. I've answered this question so many hundreds of times I must
have thought I'd already seen it today. See
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/scheduleall.htm for tools and code
samples.

Also note: The newsgroup interface you are using apparently does not quote
earlier messages in the thread, making your latest message so short on
detail that you risk not getting the answer you're looking for. Please take
the time to quote the original message.

--

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:25:27 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
> <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:
>
>>See my response to your other post on this issue.
>
> Hi Sue,
>
> In which group did you post the response?  I can't see any apart from
> this message.
>
> Dave.

0
suemvp (4038)
1/26/2005 4:06:13 PM
Hello Sue,

Thanks for the link, looks just what I need.  My news client (Forte
Agent) is set to quote when responding, not sure why it's not.

Many thanks
	Dave.

PS - As we are trying to make more use of Outlook at work we have just
bought your book.  Very useful.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:06:13 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

>My apologies. I've answered this question so many hundreds of times I must
>have thought I'd already seen it today. See
>http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/scheduleall.htm for tools and code
>samples.
>
>Also note: The newsgroup interface you are using apparently does not quote
>earlier messages in the thread, making your latest message so short on
>detail that you risk not getting the answer you're looking for. Please take
>the time to quote the original message.

0
police (5)

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

Outlook Sales

recurring appointments
Can I / How do I change a recurring appointment from a specific point forward? IOW I want to change the name and possible the category, but not the time slot. it seems that changing the name at one point of a series changes it it in ALL dates past present and future. thanks "GAK" <GAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FDF77B-6591-4B7B-AD66-79A7AE7F8BAB@microsoft.com... > Can I / How do I change a recurring appointment from a specific point > forward? > > IOW I want to change the name and possible the category, but not the t...

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Actions to groups of tasks
Is there any way, or am I missing the obvious, to deal with multiple tasks in ones queue or list. As an example, I have a new release of my product, 1 task is to prepare the packages and 1 task is to ship them. If I have 100 customers, can I mass mark the tasks as finished or will have to open 200 dialogs and mark completed when the job is done? The only thing that I seem to be able to do to multiple tasks is delete them? Anyone? Jim Ball jball@XXXaccu-med.com remove the XXX to send an email you may be able to do this with a sql data update or create a solution in code to do thi...

Access to User Calendar