can outlook be set to not display pictures

When outlook, (office 2000) is downloading messages, I have the preview pane
open.  As probably everyone gets, I am getting multiple messages that are
spam, and mostly sex crap with naked pictures embedded in the message.  So
once the message is clicked on, the preview pane shows whatever is in the
message, including the pictures.  I wouldn't complain if they were half
decent looking, but that's another story.  Is there a way to not display
pictures in the preview pane?

I've got 2003 so not sure if it's the same in 2000 - but..
Tools>Options>Security>Change Automatic Download Settings and then tick the
'Don't download....' box.

"TeddyBearDJ" wrote:

> When outlook, (office 2000) is downloading messages, I have the preview pane
> open.  As probably everyone gets, I am getting multiple messages that are
> spam, and mostly sex crap with naked pictures embedded in the message.  So
> once the message is clicked on, the preview pane shows whatever is in the
> message, including the pictures.  I wouldn't complain if they were half
> decent looking, but that's another story.  Is there a way to not display
> pictures in the preview pane?
0
Jess (75)
3/21/2005 4:37:03 PM
TeddyBearDJ <TeddyBearDJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When outlook, (office 2000) is downloading messages, I have the
> preview pane open.  As probably everyone gets, I am getting multiple
> messages that are spam, and mostly sex crap with naked pictures
> embedded in the message.  So once the message is clicked on, the
> preview pane shows whatever is in the message, including the
> pictures.  I wouldn't complain if they were half decent looking, but
> that's another story.  Is there a way to not display pictures in the
> preview pane?

I don't think Outlook 2000 has the ability to prevent the downloading of
pictures.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook Sales

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

cannot open hyper links in outlook

using the journal on outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

wprintf() could not display unicode chars which is > 255 to console?
Hi�� I encountered a problem about wprintf() to display unicode chars which is > 255 in my console app. I am sure I have defined _UNICODE in my VC6 Project Setting. I had a search with google and found that my question was some like the case: http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=23 . Is it true that there is some bugs in wprintf()? Thanks for your help. David I assume you are writting a c++ program. Can you give preference for ostream cout, wcout on printf/wprintf? use wcout like this:- wcout << L"How are you?" -- Vipin Aravind MVP "David" <David_Wa...

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

outlook 2007 e-mail

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...