Can not import Outlook 2003 PST into Outlook XP - can anyone help please?

Hi there,

I am using MS Outlook XP and need to import a PST file that was generated in
Outlook 2003. However when I try to do this I get the following error
message:

'outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders
information service. Contact your administrator.'

Is there anyway around this please? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gary.

0
Gazza_UK

You'll need to use Outlook 2003 for this and create an Outlook 97-2002
pst-file and export the data to that file. For more info see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook2003.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"Gazza_UK" <oh_dear@invaildemailaddress!.com!> wrote in message
Hi there,

I am using MS Outlook XP and need to import a PST file that was generated in
Outlook 2003. However when I try to do this I get the following error
message:

'outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders
information service. Contact your administrator.'

Is there anyway around this please? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gary.

0
Roady
5/6/2005 12:07:17 PM
"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>

> You'll need to use Outlook 2003 for this and create an Outlook 97-2002
> pst-file and export the data to that file. For more info see;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook2003.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com

Fantastic... many many thanks for this information... a lifesaver.

Gary.

0
Gazza_UK
5/6/2005 12:16:23 PM