Can I set up AutoComplete not to forget names for 30 days?

Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email addresses
for a few days only. Can we extend the time?

Thx

Autocomplete does not "forget" names.  The autocomplete cache stores up to
1000 names.  What version of Outlook are you using?
"MagicMusic9" <MagicMusic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email
> addresses
> for a few days only. Can we extend the time?
>
> Thx

MS Office Outlook 2003. Thx.

MagicMusic9 schrieb am 12.01.2005 05:25:

> Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email addresses
> for a few days only. Can we extend the time?

The entries are stored in "profilename.NK2". Usually you'll find it in

C:\Documents....\Profilname\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook

The entries will not be deleted by outlook. Search for this file and
delete it. Outlook will rebuild this file. Watch wheter this behavior
occurs again.

--
Viele Grüße
Christian Göller

Viele Gruesse.
T.

"Christian Göller" wrote:

> MagicMusic9 schrieb am 12.01.2005 05:25:
>
> > Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email addresses
> > for a few days only. Can we extend the time?
>
> The entries are stored in "profilename.NK2". Usually you'll find it in
>
> C:\Documents....\Profilname\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook
>
> The entries will not be deleted by outlook. Search for this file and
> delete it. Outlook will rebuild this file. Watch wheter this behavior
> occurs again.
>
> --
> Viele Grüße
> Christian Göller

MagicMusic9 <MagicMusic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email
> addresses for a few days only. Can we extend the time?

The autocomplete cache has no time dependencies whatsoever.  It will hold up
to 1,000 names for as long as the cache file exists.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/12/2005 3:07:02 PM
MagicMusic9 <MagicMusic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks. That file exists and Outlook continues to suggest emails
> addresses, only the addresses not used in the last 4 days (?)
> disappeared.

You can't see any enries in the cache until you begin to enter an address.
As soon as you do begin entering an address, only those entries beginning
with the letter(s) you've entered will be shown.  What makes you think only
the last four days of entries are stored?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/12/2005 3:08:51 PM
MagicMusic9,

Anyone who recommends "just delete the NK2 file" and start again, should
have their head examined.  The autocomplete (NK2) is separate and apart from
the Contact folders.  It is, in some cases, the ONLY history of e-mail
addresses that many people rely on.  Suggesting the deletion of this file in
a cavalier fashion is completely irresponsible.  I've heard stories about
IT/LAN managers who were fired after following such advice from people who
whould know better.

When a problem arises with the autocomplete file, it can almost always be
resolved without deleting the NK2 file.  We created a utility that will let
you open and export the data in this file.  Once exported, you can delete it
if you determine that it is the NK2 file that is corrupted.  However,
oftentimes it is the Profile file that becomes corrupted and a disconnect
occurs in your registry.  We also have a recommended way of re-creating your
NK2 file once you've obtained a text or db file of its contents.

You can find our utility at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm.  It's called
Owtlook.  You can contact me through that web site and I can explain in more
detail how to re-create your NK2 file IF it is necessary.

Good luck,

Randy

Randy <boatman180removethis@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anyone who recommends "just delete the NK2 file" and start again,
> should have their head examined.  The autocomplete (NK2) is separate
> and apart from the Contact folders.  It is, in some cases, the ONLY
> history of e-mail addresses that many people rely on.  Suggesting the
> deletion of this file in a cavalier fashion is completely
> irresponsible.  I've heard stories about IT/LAN managers who were
> fired after following such advice from people who whould know better.

Since you obviously have a vested interest in selling a product to
manipulate the cache file, naturally you'd say this.  That doesn't make it
as dire a situation as you seem to believe.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/13/2005 5:04:20 PM
Randy schrieb am 13.01.2005 14:12:

> [Nonsens]

Ok, I revise my suggestion and change it to

"Don't delte the file but rename it, so you can it restore if appearing
any problems"

--
Viele Gr��e
Christian G�ller
Randy schrieb am 13.01.2005 14:12:

> [rank nonsense]

Ok, I revise my suggestion and change it to

"Don't delete the file but rename it. So you can restore the file if any
problems are appearing"

--
Viele Gr��e
Christian G�ller

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

can i download lxce serv.exe

Setting up a new e-mail account

Renaming Partial File Names

how many receivers i can add

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

sort by day of the week?
Excel 2002 I have 10 years of grain prices...one price for each trading day of th year. In 'A' we have the date, in 'B' the price. What I need to do i get a list of prices for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc... Possible? (I really, really don't want to do this manually) Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com add a column = weekday(a1,1) etc and do a sort on this colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you. You saved me 3 or 4 hours of excruciating data entry. Thi was the last step of a vital report. Now I can do my char...

Can't configure Outlook Express

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...