Can I set the default to Open on a web page link to ICS file?

I use links like this on my web site to give users an option to
automatically add an event to their Outlook calendars. This requires them to
click "Open" for it to work. Right now, I have text on the web page that
tells the user to select Open not Save, etc.  Is it possible to have the
event added to the users' calendars without them clicking on a pop-up
window?

Thanks in advance to all the people so much smarter than I am.

0
ab8149 (57)

Sandra, Don't add anything to my computer without my overt
consent! Signed, THE WORLD.
0
anonymous (74722)
1/7/2005 4:19:00 PM
Another question. If a user does this to add an event to his calendar, it
shows up as an unread message until he opens it a second time after having
saved it. Is there a way around that? Personally, I hate having the Calendar
folder show up in bold because there's an unread message in there and I
don't even know of a way to identify which event is "unread".

"Sandra" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
> I use links like this on my web site to give users an option to
> automatically add an event to their Outlook calendars. This requires them
> click "Open" for it to work. Right now, I have text on the web page that
> tells the user to select Open not Save, etc.  Is it possible to have the
> event added to the users' calendars without them clicking on a pop-up
> window?

> Thanks in advance to all the people so much smarter than I am.

0
ab8149 (57)
1/7/2005 4:28:58 PM
Dear World,

If you don't want this added to your calendar, please don't click on the
link that says"
"Add Event to Outlook Calendar"

"Chuck Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

0