Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?

I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar.  I have
found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars,
and then overlay them.  However, if I go to the folder view that
overlay view goes away.  Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go
through all of the work to reset that view up again.

I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in
this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick.
For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side.

Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always
show these two calendars overlayed.  Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks!
0
mtbcpa (55)

you can only make them overlay in the calendar module, not folder list.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar.  I have
> found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars,
> and then overlay them.  However, if I go to the folder view that
> overlay view goes away.  Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go
> through all of the work to reset that view up again.
>
> I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in
> this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick.
> For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side.
>
> Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always
> show these two calendars overlayed.  Is there anyway to do this?
>
> Thanks!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/24/2008 5:01:05 PM
On Oct 24, 10:01=A0am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com>
wrote:
> you can only make them overlay in the calendar module, not folder list.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net

> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> You can access this newsgroup by visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/=
community/en-us/default.mspxor point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>
> "mtbcpa" <mtb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. =A0I have
> > found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars,
> > and then overlay them. =A0However, if I go to the folder view that
> > overlay view goes away. =A0Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go
> > through all of the work to reset that view up again.
>
> > I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in
> > this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick.
> > For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side.
>
> > Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always
> > show these two calendars overlayed. =A0Is there anyway to do this?
>
> > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Is there any other solution for my problem?  Can I sync my calendar to
the public calendar so it will automatically make changes from the
public calendar on mine?
0
mtbcpa (55)
10/26/2008 3:05:00 AM
No, Outlook doesn't provide a way to sync the two calendars. You'd need to
use a utility to sync the public calendar to your personal calendar.

--

> On Oct 24, 10:01 am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com>
> wrote:
>> you can only make them overlay in the calendar module, not folder list.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net

>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> You can access this newsgroup by
>> visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspxor
>> point your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>
>> "mtbcpa" <mtb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have
>> > found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars,
>> > and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that
>> > overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go
>> > through all of the work to reset that view up again.
>>
>> > I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in
>> > this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick.
>> > For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side.
>>
>> > Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always
>> > show these two calendars overlayed. Is there anyway to do this?
>>
>> > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

> Is there any other solution for my problem?  Can I sync my calendar to
> the public calendar so it will automatically make changes from the
> public calendar on mine?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/26/2008 1:48:48 PM
mtbcpa <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have
> > > found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars,
> > > and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that
> > > overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go
> > > through all of the work to reset that view up again.
> >
> > > I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in
> > > this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick.
> > > For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side.
> >
> > > Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always
> > > show these two calendars overlayed. Is there anyway to do this?
> >
> > you can only make them overlay in the calendar module, not folder list.
>
> Is there any other solution for my problem?  Can I sync my calendar to
> the public calendar so it will automatically make changes from the
> public calendar on mine?

You could buy this, for thirty dollars:
http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=38731

ss.

0
synapse (44)
10/29/2008 7:51:07 AM
The products homepage is http://www.workgroupcalendar.com/default.asp

--

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message

> You could buy this, for thirty dollars:
> http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=38731
>
> ss.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Make a pivot table from an existing pivot table
I'm trying to make a completely new pivot table out of an existing pivot table where the existing table is actually the source data (not the original data table). The problem I have is that this intermediate pivot table has 3 columns of unique values (with over 1000 rows) before we get to the data. I can't just copy it and make a pivot table, or create a mirror sheet that isn't a pivot table because of the blank cells underneath each change in value. I have this: Source Name Attempts Data Mail Joe 1 654 2 700 ...

How can I rearrange the toolbars?
I've just now installed IE8 and I've checked the help files but am unable to find out how I can change to order of the toolbars. I am using RoboForm and I would really like to have it as the lowest toolbar. Any help greatly appreciated? Thanks, Lorraine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Customization in IE8: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/04/20/customization-in-ie8.aspx Customize IE8...to fit your needs http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/08/29/customize-ie8-beta-2-to-fit-your-needs.aspx Many third-party toolbars have their own, ...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Can a macro open another worksheet?
Hello, I've got a macro that I need to run on about 200 spreadsheets. Is there a way to get it to select and open all 200 spreadsheets? Thanks, Art. Are they all in the same folder? In fact, do you need to open all the workbooks in a folder? Or all the workbooks in multiple known folders? If you have files in one folder--but you want to choose (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent in the file|open dialog), you can do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Ap...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Can i display an Icon on a toolbar?
Hello, I'm building a toolbar but i do not want to manualy draw the buttons. Instead i want to be able to display prebuilt ICONs there. Can this be done? How do i proceed? Many thanks You should be able to do it by simply adding a CStatic on the toolbar and placing bitmap/icon on it. Following article shows how to add controls to the toolbar: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ ------------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:<eMRs7FziEHA.636@TK...

can someone explain what the icons mean
I have a question about the icons next to the email headings. for instance what does the little "i" mean next to the envelope that means it has tracking info attached. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visit...

Problems with calendar in 2003
Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a list of all the appointments etc I have put in my calendar with headings such as Subject, Location, Start, End, Recurrence Pattern. what have I done wrong and how do I get my calendar to again appear when I click on the Calendar button? TIA Liz J <thejordanschangethistoanatsignclara.net> wrote: > Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom > of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a &g...

hide hidden text from viewing
This is very confusing! Where is the option to turn off the viewing of hidden text in the document? I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so that others do not see it. I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something useful and easy to find in this regard! Thanks. There are (at least) two ways to unHide the Hidden Text: (1) with the Show Non-Printing Characters command (Ctrl-Shift-8, or the paragraph- symbol button on your toolbar or ribbon) and (2) a check-box in the View Options. If (2) is on, (1) won't override it. On ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

new to making forms on access
Ok I have a table whihc has column name title and some survey question. Now i want to create a form so that when i select Name ( I guess this will be combo box) I dont know how to do that even where i can select name ? but when i select name the person title auto populates and so does the relevant answers to the questions for example i choose John and the title should auto populate and question 1 should populate also and so on but if i pick adam then everything related to adam populates. Your help will be really appreciated The table look like this Name Title Qu...

Can I switch axes in a Worksheet?
Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter data in the current setup but now it may be easier to analyze the data if I can switch the axes. Can it be done?? Again, I would just like to switch the x and y axes in the worksheet... Amy wrote: > Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter > data in the current setup but now it may be easier to > analyze the data if I can switch the axes. ... Select the data and use Edit >> Copy Then go to another worksheet and select a cell (like A:1). Then use Edit >> Paste special >> Tra...

Can't activate trial version
I just bought the trial version of Publisher 2003 and I can't get it to activate. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice, double checking the Product Key on the folder, but it keeps telling me that it's an invalid number. And, of course, there's no "support" provided by Microsoft. This is VERY frustrating. Any suggestions? By the way, the "activate by telephone" option isn't available on the trial, so I can't even call them. HELP! I'm unsure what the exact issue is. Are you unable to complete the installation because the program...

Can't get out of selection? Assistance would be most appreciated...
Perhaps I have done something inadvertently. I am in an Excel workbook and I appear to be in the middle of selecting a block of cells. Everytime I move the cursor, the cell selection area changes. I can't Esc out, or use the Enter key. Mousing over the menu, the menu does not respond. Rather silly really, but I desperately need to use this workbook and nothing seems to function. Even when the cursor is moving over the menu items, the cells selected in the workbook area still seems to be changing. I can't use the menu - the arrow keys don't work. Does anyone know how to &quo...

Inbound email linked in CRM by default
Inbound emails from outside our company are being tracked in CRM by default. For example, Bob@acme.com emails Alice@mycompany.com. That email, before Alice has even opened it, is traced in CRM. I can view it in CRM and Alice is the owner. Alice is using CRM 3 in Outlook 2007. This does not happen all the time. Only certain external users sending email that includes Alice seem to be automatically tracked. If I email Alice from my greg@gmail account, it will not be tracked. However, I can findl little rhyme or reason to the criteria dictating what gets tracked. I have checked Alice's set...

can't apply Office 2008 1224 update
List members: I regrettably was talked into reinstalling Office 2008 for the Mac on my Intel Mac running OS 10.6.2. Everything is fine except that I can't get Office 2008-1224 Update to apply. My HD appears with a yellow triangle over it, saying the update is inapplicable. I've tried trashing the product ID as Microsoft's web page suggests; no luck. No trial copies of Office anywhere on my HD. Would appreciate any advice; thanks in advance. - Mark Pavlick This is identical to the problem I reported on 25 March (Installing Office 2008). In my case the prob...

toolbars and customs view
I have created a simple program in Excel. I want to give this program to some firends. However, I don't want them to be able to open the macro files How do I do that Then when they open the program, I want the view to remove all columns, rows, formula bar and even the toolbar and display on the top of the window my customized toolbar How do I do all these. Thanks for your help. Roy, The macros are stored in the workbook file. If you want them to run, but not be visible, the macros can be secured (to the extent that Excel can secure anything, and it isn't much) with Tools - VBA Pr...

Can't open Money file directly.
I have Money 2005 I have many accounts at different banks. I can always open Money by using my password. I just added a new account & it tried to hook it up with Net.Passport. Now everytime i try to open my file it wants my Net.Passport. I deleted the new account,but it still opens with Net.Passport. I went into tools & selected to remove my accounts from Passport's server. Still can't open Money file directly. How can i get it back to just open my account from my PC ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >I have Money 2005 >I have many accounts at different bank...

Can't upload business card in Outlook 2000 as I can for Outlook
Express allows you to upload a business card that is like a header at the top right of every e mail. Outlook seems to only allow a V card which is not visable when sending e mails. Express allows the card to show without blocking the entire page . Express has tools, options, compose, and under Stationary you can upload a new jpeg along with the signature at the bottom. Outlook has almost the same feature, but when trying to upload the stationary, the card duplicates itself and covers the entier page like wallpaper which does no good. HELP Doug In news:9364D241-098E-48F4-9B5A-DB4411A4...

ActiveX component can't create object
I am installing Dynamics 7.5 on a new dell optiplex gx620. When running forms with VBA I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object" before the window opens. And then the error continues as you use the form. I have tried copying the VBA file from other working computers with no luck. I have checked the references in the VB and all that are checked on other working machines are checked on this new Dell. Any ideas? I have 2 new dells that this is not working on I would suspect the O/S rather than the hardware. What operating system are these new machines running? ...

Making cell change colour
Hi all I want to make a cell change colour 'on click'. Is there any way that this is possible? Help would be appreciated, Many thank darren --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi this would require VBA / using an event procedure like Selection_change. Do you want to go this way? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all > > I want to make a cell change colour 'on click'. > > Is there any way that this is possible? > > Help would be appreciated, > > Many thank > > darren > > > --- > Message posted f...

How can I add a custom property to an Excel Workbook ?
Hi I'd like to be able to add custom properties to an excel workbook using vba... Same stuff I already do by hand using the custom tab of the property window... Thanks for giving ideas Regards // Alain See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DocProp.aspx for downloadable code modules to read/write custom and built-in document properties of both open and closed workbooks. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP Excel Product Group Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email on web site) On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 07:16:09 -0800, Desaivres Alain <DesaivresAlain@discussions.mic...

Make input in one column determine dropdown list in another.
Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by dropdown list) determine which (one of several) dropdown list is used in another column? Use a list formula of the type =OFFSET(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2),0,0,(COUNTA(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2))),1) where E1 is the first DD. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gettin-older" <gettin-older@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FF90B6B-F07F-402B-A042-E1B103C40EED@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by > dr...