Can I import my previous message w/o "Folders.dbx"

Hi,
I just knew that importing the previous OE mail message
requires the file "Folders.dbx". Because I have lost this
file, is there any way to import my previous OE5
message / folders to OE6 without checking the
file "Folders.dbx"?

Symptom:
Whenever I try to import the previous mail message,
an "Import Message" says - No message can be found in
this folder or another application is running that has
the required files open. Please select another folder or
try closing applications that may have files open.

It doesn't work either do I put the previous files (.dbx)
in the folder where OE6 is
running, or copy them to another different folder.
----------------------

Thanks
Person

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi -

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services Community Newsgroups  web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

Person wrote:
> Hi,
> I just knew that importing the previous OE mail message
> requires the file "Folders.dbx". Because I have lost this
> file, is there any way to import my previous OE5
> message / folders to OE6 without checking the
> file "Folders.dbx"?
>
> Symptom:
> Whenever I try to import the previous mail message,
> an "Import Message" says - No message can be found in
> this folder or another application is running that has
> the required files open. Please select another folder or
> try closing applications that may have files open.
>
> It doesn't work either do I put the previous files (.dbx)
> in the folder where OE6 is
> running, or copy them to another different folder.
> ----------------------
>
> Thanks
> Person

0
lanwench (7567)
7/25/2004 4:02:11 AM
Try posting this in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook
from Microsoft Office. Outlook Express belongs to Internet Explorer.

You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for assistance.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Person asked:

| Hi,
| I just knew that importing the previous OE mail message
| requires the file "Folders.dbx". Because I have lost this
| file, is there any way to import my previous OE5
| message / folders to OE6 without checking the
| file "Folders.dbx"?
|
| Symptom:
| Whenever I try to import the previous mail message,
| an "Import Message" says - No message can be found in
| this folder or another application is running that has
| the required files open. Please select another folder or
| try closing applications that may have files open.
|
| It doesn't work either do I put the previous files (.dbx)
| in the folder where OE6 is
| running, or copy them to another different folder.
|
| Thanks
| Person

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Can I import my previous message w/o "Folders.dbx"
Hi, I just knew that importing the previous OE mail message requires the file "Folders.dbx". Because I have lost this file, is there any way to import my previous OE5 message / folders to OE6 without checking the file "Folders.dbx"? Symptom: Whenever I try to import the previous mail message, an "Import Message" says - No message can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open. It doesn't work either do I put the previous f...

Compacting hangs on Folders.dbx after installing SP3 for XP
Hi all... i read bruce & other members material about this issue. my questions are: 1-is there any solution/tweak to resolve the problem? 2-does it happens to all xp sp3 users? thanks 1: Yes. Compact manually. If you do this about once a week, you will never see the prompt and a manual compact will not hang on Folders.dbx. 2: Not sure, but many to be sure. Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the Status Bar). File | Folder | Compact all folders. Don't touch anything...