Can I import messages in .pst with simple MAPI?

I want to import messages from Outlook's PST. To do this, I want to
write an application using C/C++. Therefore, is it possible to use
Simple MAPI, and set the Default Message Store of Simple MAPI to be a
..pst file. Is it possible? If not, what other approach should I follow?

Thanks in advance,
-DD

0
darshandd (2)

No. Simple MAPI doesn't have that capability. You would need to use the
Outlook object model, CDO 1.21, or Extended MAPI.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

<darshandd@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to import messages from Outlook's PST. To do this, I want to
> write an application using C/C++. Therefore, is it possible to use
> Simple MAPI, and set the Default Message Store of Simple MAPI to be a
> .pst file. Is it possible? If not, what other approach should I follow?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -DD

0
suemvp (4038)

Importing to Excel from ASCII
I'm trying to export to excel from an SQL based spreadsheet. I believe it's ASCII CRLF. Sometimes when I open it as is, it will bring up the Text Import Wizard, but then others it does not. And of course it all gets jammed into one cell so I can't do anything with it. Please Help!! Thnx, Greg Currie If a text file has the CSV extension Excel will parse it automatically (looking for commas as the delimiters). Otherwise Excel will open the TIW from which you can parse the file by specifying the delimiters, etc. If a file is not parsed for any reason (like it doesn't ...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

Outlook 2000 error in pst folder
I received an error on my Outlook 2000 when the Inbox or senf folder is attempting to open.The error is in the Windows .pst folder. I am told by Outlook to use the Detect and repair with the program CD. I have tried that, however the problem still exists. I have set up another user account in XP Home and that is a fix, but not very practical. Any Ideas? It says to run the Inbox repair tool. That is scanpst.exe. By default located in; C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID> -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox...

Want to setup a simple website
This is probably a bit off topic, but I volunteer for a local animal shelter. We have been getting requests for a website. I just made up a simple html website, which simply gives our location, some information, our phone# and eamil address. Then it has some pictures of animals and of our building. In other words, it's just the most basic and simple html page, without scripts, flash or any of that junk. I want it to be useful without all the useless bloat that contaminates far too many websites these days. Yes, if I can say so myself, it's nice looking. The whole site is...

CRM 1.0 XML import to CRM 1.2
Does anyone know how to import a CRM 1.0 XML into the CRM 1.2 env? The deployment manager rejects the 1.0 XML file during the import process - ERROR: does not match version of the database. So is there anyway work around this? Gues I could modify the XML version but.... Tony, From what I've heard from others, there are differences in how the content of the files are structured, so you can't really do what you are trying. Your best bet is to upgrade the install and then export the customizations to create a new XML file. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:43:52 -0800, "Tony Nguyen&q...

Simple question about negative numbers
I'm entering numbers in brackets into a cell and excel automatically changes them to a - symbol. How do I keep the brackets and tell excel to show all negative numbers in brackets ? You have to format the cells, use number>custom and General_);(General) or select (1234.10) from the preformatted formats under number>number which will look like 0.00_);(0.00) if you put in in the custom -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Simon77" <fetstersnilspam@nilspamyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:dGStb.1963$uY2.18423992@news-text.cableinet.net... > I'm entering numbers...

Can't open NRL Files (.nrl)
Hi all I can't open 4 e-mails containing attachments, the Types Of File are NRL File (.nrl). I don't know how to open or how to look at the attachments, If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank you for your time reading this. "Wolfhorn" <Wolfhorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414B5A7D-8BD5-4476-9679-F2751B0F70FB@microsoft.com... > Hi all > I can't open 4 e-mails containing attachments, the Types Of File are NRL > File (.nrl). > I don't know how to open or how to look at the attachments, If anyone can > help me that w...

format problem importing quicken files from Bank
Hi I have Money 2001 never used it until today. I am in Italy and my bank allows me to export bank statement in a quicken file. However when I import it into money - money misreads the format and takes the first punctuation mark as the decimal point. i.e. the amount euro 1.234,56 imports as 1,23 euro's instead of one thousand euros. My regional settings are set to italian with , being the decimal and . being a separator - however money takes the first , or . as the decimal Any ideas on how to fix this? regards Ski ...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

Automatic message language definition in international environment
How can I strictly define language for replies in Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word message editor? Definition of Word/Outlook are not strictly followed. Problem background: We operate Outlook 2002 in international environment and users obtain messages from various countries and some messages go through several countries. A lot of countries have alternate national language defined together with English language in Windows Regional settings. The problem is that when you forward/reply to a message, sometimes Outlook use the local language for new text, sometimes use English. There is no ...

Outlook 2000 compact pst problem
Dear all, My Outlook 2000 is running Internet Mail Mode, my pst file is now 1.2GB. I removed some mails and compact the file. The 'compact now' dialog box show 1 second and finished, but the file size did not reduce. Anyone can help me? On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:40:29 +0800, "Ho" <Ho@feungning.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >My Outlook 2000 is running Internet Mail Mode, my pst file is now 1.2GB. I >removed some mails and compact the file. The 'compact now' dialog box show 1 >second and finished, but the file size did not reduce. > >Anyone can ...

Eudora Import
I'm trying to import Eudora 5.3 into Outlook. All goes fine except for any messages that I sent out (Outbox) - especially those that had HTML formatting. The messages import, but they are converted to plain text, contain HTML tags, and are all compressed into on, long paragraph. Any thoughts? Michael Lindauer Hi, I don't use Eudora but you may find some answers, utilities, etc. that can help you here... http://tinyurl.com/w1l9 http://tinyurl.com/w1km Bye, JV "Michael Lindauer" <mlindauer@n-e-d.com> wrote in message news:0a0601c3b073$234b2240$310128...

Reply/New Message
Hello All - Using Outlook 2003 SP2 I have 3 accounts: Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default) Acct 2 Pop/Smtp Acct 3 Pop/Smtp When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the sender. But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message screen "this message will be sent via Acct3." I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1. How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and Reply-All??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Shay Shay <shaygonen@gmail.com> wrote: > When...

how do you export excel files to Quickbooks Simple edition
I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. Thanks for any help on this quest. Dianna In quickbooks go to file import excel "Newbie Dianna" wrote: > I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL > templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. > > Thanks for any help on this quest. > Dianna ...

Help needed for a simple spreadsheet
I use MS office 2000, using excell to calculate costings, i would lik to simplyfy the way i use the spreadsheet to calculate costs but canno find out how to set up a basic database which will automatically link t the spreadsheet, any help would be gratefully appreciated. Using a simple 5 column spreadsheet i would like to set it up a follows. Column A - enter simple item code (upto 10 digits) which wil auto-complete after 3 digits and allow scrolling through similar code until the correct item is found, column C would then automatically b entered with the full item description and column D...

How could a Message box popup in systray with yes/no option
How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . Either use AfxMessageBox, or MessageBox. AliR. "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155732162.797738.229580@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on > notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . > Check this out: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/TaskbarNotifier.asp Tom "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message...

A simple question!!
HI all, Given a time period A formatted as hh:mm, how do you divide a 24 hr period (formatted as hh:mm) by A? Would appreciate answers. I am getting dubious answers! Don- Multiply with 24 first, one day is 1 in Excel and one hour is 1/24 so if you have an hourly rate in B2 and the time worked in A2 use =B2*A2*24 and format as currency -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070D5314-028B-46B0-B037-ACA269E662DB@microsoft.com... > HI all, > > Given a time period A formatted as hh:mm, how do you divide a 24 hr per...

Huge header: how can I reduce it?
A one-page Word doc (2003*) I've been given to work with has a big table in the main part, with what appear to be small regions of header and footer. However, if you actually "View Header", the dotted line showing the header boundary shows that it extends way down to below the bottom row of the table. Yet there are no paragraph marks or anything to show why this might be. I had a chance to edit an earlier version of this document, and found that I couldn't insert text before or after the table without running foul of header/footer issues. I guess this is wh...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...

ht change default directory for import/export
In Access 2007 is there a way to change the default folder location used for import and export? There's a "Default database folder" under the "Popular" Access options, but it only affects open/save and importing/exporting Access files (accdb and mdb). All the other import/exports (txt, xlsx, xml, etc.) all default to My Documents. Would love to change that, any help? ...

shutting of message relaying -Selectivly
I had asked once before if there is a way to log or see the address of any server relaying messages off of our exchange server. i was told to look for the SMTP logs in the system32 directory. there are none on my exchange server. Is there another way to see the addresses of servers using my exchange server as a relay? i need to disable relaying on my exchange server for all connections besides some internal servers. The developers can not tell me exactly what servers will need to attach and i can not interupt mail flow to our clients, to find out. What is the best way for me to ge...

Outlook Message Recall Feature
I tried to recall a message, but the feature keeps sending me recall failure messages and will not stop. They are clogging my mailbox and I need to stop it. How can I stop it? ...

edit subject line of outgoing messages
i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). anybody done this before? g On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:55:34 -0600, "George Frederickson" <george@somewhere.com> wrote: >i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be >able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). >anybody done this before? > >g > 3rd party software would be your best bet. IMSS, Tumbleweed etc... If you are using Exchange 2007 you cou...