Can i edit layout of the "Navigation Pane" #2

I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as
well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders
structure...

Can this be done?

FYI, Outlook 2003 SP2

Cheers,

0
vwboss (3)

It's OK..  Based on the searches i have done, looks like you cannot
remove these options..

Cheers,

vwboss@gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as
> well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders
> structure...
>

> Can this be done?
>

> FYI, Outlook 2003 SP2
>

> Cheers,

0
vwboss (3)
6/20/2006 7:30:31 PM
ctrl+6 is the best you can do. ol2007 lets you hide favorites.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<vwboss@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as
> well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders
> structure...
>

> Can this be done?
>

> FYI, Outlook 2003 SP2
>

> Cheers,

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Linked Sharepoint Lists and Navigation Pane
I have an Access application that needs to perform some initialisation and data synchronisation with some sharepoint lists. I have a splash screen that displays progress, but it is proving impossible to keep the navigation pane hidden whilst the synchronisation runs - even though the database has the show navaigation check box unchecked. The problem seems to be when a DoCmd.TransferSharePointList acLinkSharePointList,"http:...." command is executed. As this statement completes execution, the navigation pane appears and the splash screen loses focus. I am unable to hide ...

Lists from Navigation Pane
I've got a strange issue. When I click on any list, nothing appears. However, there is data there because as I move the pointer up and down, the information at the bottom changes. And, if I double-click an item, it takes me to a specific record. I can also take an action against an item. -- Charles Allen, MVP Same problem i am facing in MY REPORTS in the new version (9.0). any idea ?? BS "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message news:1992C890-583F-42ED-B9D4-DFD45FCE2D56@microsoft.com... > I've got a strange issue. When I click on any list, ...

How to Set Defaults in Navigation Pane
I just recently switched computers at work, and am now using Outlook 2003 (formerly used Outlook 2000). I'm having trouble figuring out the Navigation Pane. Specifically, I'd like to have the a different calendar rather than my personal calendar appear by default when I click on the calendar button at the bottom of the pane. Similarly, when I click on the contacts button, I'd like my company's contacts to appear by default, rather than my personal contacts. Right now, when I click on the Calendar button at the bottom of the Navigation Pane, for example, my personal calendar a...

MS Outlook 2003: Need horizontal scroll bar for navigation pane
Consider providing the feature above in Outlook 2003 as I find this feature as in earlier versions of outlook to be useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=785c73f3-b6aa-454c-bae2-d9938603...

Hide Navigation pane during linking & unlinking tables
I have tables which are linked during statup of my access application. However whenever the linking happens, the naviigation pane(which is setup to be hidden is displayed. Please let me know how can i fix that I haven't seen this problem using A2007 on Vista or Windows Server 2008. Perhaps you have a problem with a different operating system? Perhaps the relink code is showing the navigation pane? Perhaps you would paste your relink code to help us answer your question. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Pradeep" <agarwallp@g...

Open in New Window from Navigation Pane
Right clicking on Calendar button, selecting "open in new window" I am unable to set the new window to open maximized or at least fill the screen. Many attempts at closing the window to save settings; shift + X, space bar + close, etc yield no results. New window currently opens so small as to be unreadable. -- John Set the main Outlook window to it's prefered size in Normal size and use CTRL+X to force the save of the windowsize. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slips...

navigation pane
How do I limit the text within my document map to only show headings? Currently, my headings are showing, but some text formated as "normal" or "body text" within my document also shows up in my document map. Even when I right click and choose "show heading 3" (for example), the normal text still appears. If I highlight the problem text within my document, and click on "normal", it will disappear within the document map, but next time I open the document, it will have reappeared. Any help would be appreciated! I can't answer until I know what applic...

how do i set up a shortcut desktop in outlook 2003 navigation pane
how do i make a shortcut in outlook 2003 navigation pane, shortcut would be from my desktop, not favorite folder ...

Hiding Navigation Pane
Hello, I'm pretty sure that the answer is NO, but I'll ask. Can the Navigation Pane be hidden in A2007? I know it can be locked, but I don't want it available to cause confusion. I can hide it with a popup form, but would rather not. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam See this page on my site Mark: http://accessjunkie.com/faq_37.aspx -- Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni SDET - XAS Services - Microsoft Corporation Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentials http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessj...

Navigation Pane in Word 2007 Blank in Windows 7
When I select "Save As" in Word 2007 running in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, the navigation pane is completely blank. I have selected Options->Layout->Navigation Pane to make sure it was checked and visible. The space is there to show the folders and libraries, but it is totally blank / white. As a result, I am only able to save files in my Documents folder. There isn't even a way for me to save files on the Desktop. I'm a computer expert, and this problem is driving me mad given the number of documents I have in different locations on my hard drive...

Navigation Pane customizations applicable to user class or role
The customizations made in the Navigation Pane area, such as shorcuts, specific windows combinations to follow a workflow, links, other programs access links, etc. should be available or applicable trough user classes or roles in the user setup. This could make deployment easier, given the fact that some user groups have the same shared sets of shorcuts and workflow (used windows and functionalities in the program) definitions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &...

Allow Links on record navigation pane to open in new window
We've been trying to add links to some of our internal custom pages onto a contact records navigation pane in the ISV.config. It appears the only way those work is to open the link into the form itself vs. opening the page in a new window. We've tried using HTML commands to open in a new window, but it won't even import teh ISV.config with that in there. It would be great if we could open in a new window from those links... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,...

Multiple Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail Navigation panes
Would greatly appreciate help. I have two Personal Folders (both with the same sub folders: Inbox, Sent Items, etc.) in the Folder List and Mail views in the Navigation Pane. With both, when I right click on them, the selection "close personal folder" is grayed. How do I get rid of one of them?? Thank you. If they are true personal folders then you must go through tools, services, highlight appropriate personal folder and remove it there. This is for Outlook 2k, you didnt specify which version. >-----Original Message----- >Would greatly appreciate help. >I have two ...

Changing Look and Feel of Outlook Navigation Panes
Hi there, Is there any way to change the look and feel of Outlook 2003's navigation panes? I just hate the look of them and don't like the fact that I can't modify the height of them. Is there any way I can revert them back to the flat slender look of previous versions? Thanks, Darryl Darryl A. J. Staflund <d_staflu@telus.net> wrote: > Is there any way to change the look and feel of Outlook 2003's > navigation panes? I just hate the look of them and don't like the > fact that I can't modify the height of them. Is there any way I can > rev...

Can i edit layout of the "Navigation Pane"
I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders structure... Can this be done? Cheers, ...

Access 2007 View Object Properties in Navigation Pane gone?
I have the automatic update function enabled. A few weeks ago, I noticed that in Access 2007, in the navigation pane, viewing all access objects by object type, the Properties, which display below the date modified, is no longer there. I went to Access Options > Current Database > Navigation and the option to view properties is no longer there. Has it moved to somewhere else, am I not looking in the right place, or has this feature been taken away? "kathnh" <kathnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EAFD291-4B78-4FE5-B360-BDC79D533D...

How can I move shortcuts in the navigation pane?
Does anyone know how to move the preview pane shortcuts in Outlook 2003 from one computer to another? Thanks Richard Pinnell find the xml file - it's at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.one...

Navigation Pane
I just started using Outlook 2007. At first, on the left Navigation Pane, the month calendar appeared at the top left. Somehow it disappeared and I can't find how to get it back! Right now, in calendar view, the Navigation pane shows: All Calendar Items, under that My Calendars, and under that Calendar. In the white space below calendar, it has "How to share Calendars," "Search Calendars Online," "Send a Calendar via email," "Publish My Calendar...," and "Add New Group." But the month calendar is no longer there, which allowed me t...

Navigation panes
When I use the navigation panes, all of them (Home, Financial, etc) work except for HR & Payroll. When HR & Payroll is clicked, the large pane on the right does not change. It stays at the Home page or whatever pane you had open previously. The section above the home button has the HR & Payroll reports section but that is all. Does anyone else have this problem? And is there a fix? Bob, you are having some Navigation -Pains- like many of us who have installed version 10.0, build 1061. HR & Payroll doesn't work, no. I understand when you click on the HR & Pay...

folder list in Navigation pane Outlook 2003
Is there any way to change the folder levels in the folder list that displays on the navigation pane in Outlook 2003. The only thing I have found to change a subfolder into a root folder is to move it to the favorites list. By right clicking on the folder in the favorites list, you can chose to move folder up or down, but on on the folder list itsself. What do you mean by "root folder"? All folders are subfolders of the Outlook Today folder (Personal Folders or Mailbox)...if you want the folder to be a 1st level subfolder under Outlook Today, just drag it to Outlook Today a...

Document map/navigation pane
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I click on 75% of headings in the document map of navigation page mode,it does not jump to that part of the document <br> The headings are formatted properly. Any ideas John If the headings are not formatted with the Built-ion styles Heading 1 through Heading 9, then you need to manually set the "Outline Level" paragraph property for the styles that you ARE using. Both Document Map and Outline View work from the Outline Level setting. On 12/12/09 12:11 AM, in article 59baec15.-1...

WMP12
In WMP11 there was a "songs" option in navigation pane which displayed all my songs (all several thousand) in one long list which was good for creating playlists I cannot see this option and it looks like to review all my songs to create a big playlist I will have to individually click on every album. Is this right? Thx On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 10:05:01 -0700, oxforduser <oxforduser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >create >a big playlist I will have to individually click on every album If you don't find "Songs" then you can create an *Auto*...

Custom categories in Navigation Pane
When I open the Navigation Options dialog box, the "Add Item" button to add a category is disabled. How do I get back the ability to create custom categories? This is a converted Access2003 database. I have a similar problem with an Access2003 database being run in Access2007 that had groups set up with differing permissions. If I log in as a member of the Admins group, I can create new categories. If I log in as a member of the Users group, the same problem as above occurs: the "Add Item" button is disabled and none of the categories that I created appear in the Na...

How to hide Group management links in the Navigation pane of Calen
Hi, I am trying to maximise the number of month calendars, that can be displayed in the top part of the Navigation pane. To free up the space, the links in the lower part ("How to Share Calendars", "Open a Shared Calendar...", "Search Calendars Online", ...) seem like prime candidates for removal. How do I hide those? Thanks in advance You can't. FWIW; they are removed in Outlook 2010. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and...

Duplicate Data Files in Navigation Pane
I have duplicate data files/folders in my folder list in the Navigation Pane of Outlook 2003 (with all updates) running on XP Professional again fully updated. Each entry has the same list of Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Sent Items etc. Both folders have the same name and are identical and point to the same pst file. If I amend any entry in one, it appears in the other. E-mail arrive in both folders (as they are actually the same). One folder has the little home icon associated with it. If I try and close the non-home data file, the close option is in grey. How do I get rid of the duplica...