Can I designate one our computers to be the Outlook server?

I'm new to using Outlook at home and definitlely a novice a terminology but
here goes ..... We use Outlook 2003.  We have two computers - a PC and a
notebook.  I would like to set up the notebook as our Outlook "server" (have
all e=mail traffic come through it and be disributed to the PC into
"mailboxes or "accounts" or files, whatever the term for all family members.
Can this be done and how?
0
Backhome (1)

Outlook is a client, not a server, so, no, you cannot set up Outlook to
receive mail then deliver to various mailboxes.  You would need server
software to do this.

However, have a look here for some other ideas:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Backhome asked:

| I'm new to using Outlook at home and definitlely a novice a
| terminology but here goes ..... We use Outlook 2003.  We have two
| computers - a PC and a notebook.  I would like to set up the notebook
| as our Outlook "server" (have all e=mail traffic come through it and
| be disributed to the PC into "mailboxes or "accounts" or files,
| whatever the term for all family members. Can this be done and how?

0
MillyS (3228)

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"