Can i back up all my e-mails to CD?

Just wondering if there is a way to backup all my e-mails
to disc? They're all in my outlook inbox, and i would
like to keep them after i format today.

THanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Yep, close Outlook and burn the pst-file to a CD. When you want to access it
again copy it back to your harddisk and remove the "Read Only" file property

To access your pst-file on the new computer;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

To set it as the default delivery location;
Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Brannek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering if there is a way to backup all my e-mails
> to disc? They're all in my outlook inbox, and i would
> like to keep them after i format today.
>
> THanks

0
Roady
8/12/2004 1:07:27 PM
I'm not sure where to find the pst file. I did a search
for "*.pst" and nothing came up. Perhaps/most likely i'm
doing something wrong?

1

>-----
>"Brannek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Just wondering if there is a way to backup all my e-
mails
>> to disc? They're all in my outlook inbox, and i would
>> like to keep them after i format today.
>>
>> THanks
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/12/2004 1:59:48 PM
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure where to find the pst file. I did a search
> for "*.pst" and nothing came up. Perhaps/most likely i'm
> doing something wrong?

It's usually in a hidden folder.  Enable searching in hidden folders.  The
PST is usually in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/12/2004 3:12:20 PM
If i have the files with a "dbx" extension, would that
work?

0
anonymous (74722)
> If i have the files with a "dbx" extension, would that
> work?

If you have dbx files, then you have Outlook EXPRESS, not Outlook.
This newsgroup is for support of Outlook

97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products.  Outlook

Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name.

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or

an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.  If you're

accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support

Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click

to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to

your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that

version number.  Good luck!

0
GordonBP1 (262)

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Mail Delivery in Outlook 2003
We are currently using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 mail client. One of our ask us to configure his Outlook client to delivery his mail to a pst file local to his machine, instead of leaving it in the server. This configuration workrd for a while and it suddenly stopped delivering his mail to his pst file, but just leaving them in the mail server. To make Outlook deliver his mail again to his pst file we need to enable the " Cached Exchange Mode" and configure Outlook to manually connect to Exchange. When we change the configuration back to its original state it will continue to...

Automatically move mail *from* Deleted Items folder
I get a lot of email that I read quickly then delete using a swift press on the delete key which drops the mail into the Deleted Items folder. However, I never want to loose the mail so I regularly move all the mail from Deleted Items into another folder for storage. Is there any way I can get Outlook 2002 to automatically move any items that arrive in Deleted Items to another folder? I can't get it to work with the Rules Wizard as it only allows me to run rules on my Inbox. Alternatively, how do I set up a method to move the mail from my Inbox to the storage folder directly without goi...

Windows mail auto deleting
All of a sudden my emails are deleting automatically.Everything it thinks I have read gets deleted. Don't worry. They're not deleted. View | Current View. Check. Show All Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mike Givens" <micell@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:660A1B3B-6A68-4833-883B-603BEF8DD03F@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my emails are deleting automatically.Everything it > thinks I have read gets deleted. How do you know they are being deleted? Are they showing up in the ...

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

HOW CAN i DEVELOP A FORMULA THAT RESTRICY SYMBOLS CHARACTERS TO B
I am trying to developt a formula that restrict symbol characters to be entred as data, help me! This will limit data entry to alphanumeric characters: =SUMPRODUCT((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)>="A")*(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)<="Z")+ISNUMBER(-MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)))=LEN(A1) Are there any other characters which you may wish to enter? Steve D. "Rodrjua" <Rodrjua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61E5CBBC-B00E-4BCF-B46D-8A9B5D247836@micr...

Windows Mail; delete selected items
When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred. -- Kees Try these options. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kees" <Kees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1DDCE31-D8A0-46AF-B2C7-09F69CC55A42@microsoft.com... > > When I select it...

addtional suffix being added to e-mail address
We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an additional suffix to his e-mail address. He is the only one who has this problem. Is there a way to correct this situation. Hi - so he's connecting directly to your Exchange server via Outlook, and he has a properly configured mailbox with the appropriate default SMTP address? What is the additional suffix that's being added? BCEDA wrote: > We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He > cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an a...

Disappearing Mail in Cached Mode
I have a problem at a client that I've seen described in these groups but never finally solved. The problem is that one user (only) receives mail from 2 internal scanners through SMTP into . All email from those two addresses is visible in OWA and in Outlook as long as the Outlook is not in Cached Exchange Mode. If an Outlook 2003 client is started for this user's mailbox with Cached Exchange Mode enabled, the messages form those two email addresses only never appear in that copy of Outlook and disappear from the OWA and non-cached Outlook clients as soon as the cached Outloo...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in cr
why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist "ruchie" <ruchie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56CA25CA-151E-4488-81A2-28805B4E5F80@microsoft.com... > why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist Did you set up an email account in Outlook? ...

Can't shut down outlook
When I shut down my computer after having used my outlook program I have been getting an "end program" notice for outlook.exe giving me a few seconds to click "end now" before I can shut down. I have closed outlook and all other programs before I shut down. I ran outlook "detect and repair" but to no avail. Windows seems to think that outlook is still running when I shut down. What should I do? ...

Cannot copy & paste to a mailing label template
I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word. After deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a whole page of return address labels. I just couldn't get it to work. Any suggestions? Rather than starting with a full sheet of blank labels, why not use the label wizard? Can you explain "just couldn't get it to work"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummie...

Range for Body of E-Mail
I am trying to use a range of cells in Excel as the body for an e-mail in Outlook. The name for the range is 'DuesReceipt'. It doesn't seem to like setting olBody to the range. Can someone help? Public olToName As String Public olccName As String Public olbccName As String Public olSubject As String Public olBody As String Public olRange As Object Public olAttach1 As String Sub SendReceipt() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olMail As MailItem Dim SigString As String Dim Signature As String Dim x...

How can I just count the records where the check boxes are "No"
I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many records are out of compliance. Please HELP need by this afternoon Julie Gilliam <Julie Gilliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not >checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many >records are out of compliance. Use a text box with an expression like any of: =Count(IIf([check field], Null, 0)) or =Sum(IIf([check field...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

Re: How can I search for a ? in Publisher?
I just sent my suggestion to the shredder. <G> -- Don - Vancouver, USA "May your shadow be found in happy places." - Native North American "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message news:... >I see you problem; don't know if your search can be done in Publisher but >here's a way of finding the "?s" in your file. > > Save the file as a PDF and do the search in your PDF viewer program. This > works for me using PDF-XChange to create the file and PDF-XChange Viewer > to do the searching....

Can't open XP file in Windows
We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. The error message is "You cannot open a file from a different version". I would appreciate any assistance on this issue. Hi gwen (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file || was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. || The error message is "You cannot open a file from a || different version". I would appreciate any assistance on || this issu...

who can I protect with password the Interchange entry
Hi, I'm trying to protect the Interchange entry with a password, in GP8 I used the general password but, I did update to GP9 and this protection was eliminated and all the user can change or entry a new interchange rate. Who can protect this?. Armando Sanchez This was removed in GP 9.0 because it was accidently added to the window in 8.0 (it wasn't previously). You can use regular GP security to keep everyone you want out of the window. The only other solutions I can think of are: 1. Dexterity customization - pretty easy 2. VBA coding but not as secure but would work. 3. I thi...

Sometimes can see all text in a cell, sometimes not.
Hello On Sheet1, I can see all text in cells that have lots of text in them, but have cells to the right that are empty. On Sheet 2, I pasted the following formula into cell A1, and copied this into all of the cells on Sheet2: =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1) Now I can't see all of the text in a cell, even if the cell to the right of it is empty. Is there anything that can be done? I am copying these cells and pasting them into Word as a picture. Thanks! Its because if you type text into a cell it will spill over into empty cells so it can be read. If you then enter in a...

E-mailing a distribution list to a third party
I am having trouble following the instructions in Outlook help for sending a distribution list. Help says: Open a new message. Click the message body. On the Insert menu, click Item. In the Look in list, click the folder that contains the distribution list that you want to send. Distribution lists are saved in the Contacts folder by default. In the Items list, click the distribution list that you want to send, and then click OK. Send the message I am not finding ITEM in my drop down Insert menu! This is only available when you have Outlook as the e-mail editor. You can also dr...

Can I purchase just Outlook 2007 without the entire office?
I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there anywhere I can download Outlook instead of getting it mailed to me? I have tried Microsoft but they only offer full suite downloads. Thanks Joey Joey wrote: > I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. > Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems > to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there > anywhere I ...

Outlook 2003 locks up while adding address to new mail message
I have Outlook 2003 installed with Business Contact Manager and Word as my email editor. Frequently, Outlook will lock up while I'm in the process of creating a new message and adding my first address in the To: field. I suspect that it has something to do with the AutoComplete feature as it appears to occur when the name is not automatically recognized or displayed even though it has been previously. Has anyone else encountered this bug and/or found a solution? I have the latest Outlook SPs installed. Haven't seen it, but it is more likely a corrupted profile than a corrup...

Can I create seperate organization in addition to Adventure Works sample
When I install, I chose Adventure sample. Can I add another organization parelell to Adventure sample in the same implementation (same installation) No you can't. You could create a new business unit under the AWC unit. >-----Original Message----- >When I install, I chose Adventure sample. Can I add >another organization parelell to Adventure sample in the >same implementation (same installation) >. > ...

how can i make invite which is printed on both sides of A4
I have created an invitation in publisher but when printed out it folds to A6 size. I want to be able to print on both sides of A4 to then fold in half to A5 invite. Please can anyone advise me. Thank you Select Insert Page You now have a second page; enter text in the half that becomes thee other side of your invitation. Consider creating a booklet (four pages folded from a single sheet) -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Minxicat" <Minxicat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CEA33E-76C7-4F24-AD5F-59953DE0C7FE@microsoft.com... ...