Can I add a domain to the Blocked Senders list?

I am just getting used to Outlook 2003 and trying to make use of the SP{AM
filter.
I see that when I right click on a message that one of the options id to add
a sender to the "Blocked Senders List"

Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain?

Thanks

Dunc

0
Dunc

Dunc wrote:
> Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain?

There is an easy way, if you're running Outlook 2003+SP1.

Dunc wrote:
> Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain?

Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail Options,
(tab)International, (button) Blocked Top-Level Domain List.
Put check marks next to the top-level domains from where you never want to
receive e-mail. Apply.

Thanks, but I am not sure that fixes my problem

I get a listing of countries that I can block but not domains. I am
interested in blocking something like:

*@ghlrjywpumvk.net

or

*@tiscali.co.uk

and still be able to get other Email from the UK.

Any thoughts on dealing with that?

Dunc

"Ren�" <garbagejunkandcrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dunc wrote:
>> Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain?
>
> Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail Options,
> (tab)International, (button) Blocked Top-Level Domain List.
> Put check marks next to the top-level domains from where you never want to
> receive e-mail. Apply.

0
Dunc
8/29/2004 9:13:04 PM
For the first URL you posted, it is obviously spoofed so blocking that one
would be useless.  Just use the Block senders option - most of the domains
from the spammers are faked or forged so blocking that domain will simply
not work.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dunc asked:

| Thanks, but I am not sure that fixes my problem
|
| I get a listing of countries that I can block but not domains. I am
| interested in blocking something like:
|
| *@ghlrjywpumvk.net
|
| or
|
| *@tiscali.co.uk
|
| and still be able to get other Email from the UK.
|
| Any thoughts on dealing with that?
|

| Dunc
|
| "Ren�" <garbagejunkandcrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
|| Dunc wrote:
||| Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain?
|| Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail
|| Options, (tab)International, (button) Blocked Top-Level Domain List.
|| Put check marks next to the top-level domains from where you never
|| want to receive e-mail. Apply.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
8/29/2004 9:54:53 PM
you can add @tiscali.co.uk but will need to do it yourself, you can't do it
on a right click. Do you have the filter set on high? It's better to let the
filter do it for your rather than using the blocked lists. Also note that
the spam from tiscali may be using a fake address, so blocking it won't
really do much besides block all mail from people using that domain - a
potential problem if you participate on mailing lists.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Dunc" <Dunc.F(NoSpam)@CenturyTel.Net> wrote in message
> Thanks, but I am not sure that fixes my problem
>
> I get a listing of countries that I can block but not domains. I am
> interested in blocking something like:
>
> *@ghlrjywpumvk.net
>
> or
>
> *@tiscali.co.uk
>
> and still be able to get other Email from the UK.
>
> Any thoughts on dealing with that?
>

> Dunc
>
> "Ren�" <garbagejunkandcrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dunc wrote:
>>> Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain?
>>
>> Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail Options,
>> (tab)International, (button) Blocked Top-Level Domain List.
>> Put check marks next to the top-level domains from where you never want
>> to receive e-mail. Apply.

0
dianenws (1904)
8/29/2004 10:34:44 PM
Dunc <Dunc.F(NoSpam)@CenturyTel.Net> wrote:

> I get a listing of countries that I can block but not domains. I am
> interested in blocking something like:
>
> *@ghlrjywpumvk.net
>
> or
>
> *@tiscali.co.uk

Just put "tiscali.co.uk" in the Blocked Sender's list.
--
Brian Tillman
0

I can do that but I was hoping that I could just to it with a right mouse
click.  Maybe MS will make that an enhancement??

Dunc
> Dunc <Dunc.F(NoSpam)@CenturyTel.Net> wrote:
>
>> I get a listing of countries that I can block but not domains. I am
>> interested in blocking something like:
>>
>> *@ghlrjywpumvk.net
>>
>> or
>>
>> *@tiscali.co.uk
>
> Just put "tiscali.co.uk" in the Blocked Sender's list.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Dunc

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Users asked to enter Username / Password /Domain when opening outl
Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we eneter it again we get and error that the information store could not be opened. We are running Exchanage 5.5 with Windows 2000. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?= <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DD28037B-B6C8-4575-B0CC-F80C14991716@microsoft.com: > Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / > domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we > eneter...

How to shift address listings from row list to columns?
I have a mailing list with name, address, city, state & zip with each item in individual rows like a list of labels and a few empty rows of space between each listing. How do I create/transfer this list into columns accross so I can sort by city or zip? Thank you! If your data is nicely grouped, with each group in 5 lines, viz: name add city state zip then an earlier suggestion given which worked might be worth a try: See: http://tinyurl.com/wgcb -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email --...

High score list?
How do I create a high score list for an everlasting soccer tournament? Perhaps something along these lines .. (Only takes 5 mins to set-up <g>) Assume the table below is in Sheet1, cols A to C, data from row2 down Game# Scorer Goals 00001 ABC 1 00002 XYZ 3 00003 ABC 3 00004 XYZ 2 Put in E2: =IF(B2="","",IF(COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)>1,"",ROW())) Copy E2 down to say, E1000 to cover the max expected number of rows of data in the table Col E will flag and assign uniques in col B with an arbitrary row number (for us to extract the list of unique scorers in Sh...

Not in list where cbo is null ie. tab through
Hi knowledgeable gurus, I have made use of "not in list" but in this instance I know that the record doesn't exist & as such I want to just tab through but invoke the "Not in List" sub. Can I do that in a before update without duplicating the whole code? What should I be doing as I don't want to add extra buttons etc You can just call the NotInList code directly with CALL Yourcbo_NotInList but I would lean toward executing a similar but different procedure. You can not pass the Response variable to the procedure so the code will almost certainly be...

avoiding duplicate in list
Dear All, I have created a list with a name for ex A1 : A25 named as number in this number list there are few numbers repeated i want to list the date without duplicating. I want to list the above date in a cell (using DATA >> VALIDATION >> LIST Cud plz help on this... Thanx and regds. CNP -- chinaprasad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chinaprasad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8621 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267171 Hi see: http://www.cpearson....

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

Outlook Express blocking some attachments
My boss is sending me perfectly safe attachments, usually graphics, and Express blocks them so I can't open while letting through other attachments in the same email. What can I do to fix this? Thanks! Tools->Options->Security. I have lost count, but this must be close the 100,000th repeat of the same question. Next time, try google. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find so...

Can't sign in to 2004?
Now, another problem. I can no longer sign in with my hotmail and password if "use Money's online features that require a passport" even though I am signed on to MSN with that passport. I tried resetting the hotmail password for both MSN and Money 2004 but still can't get it to work. In microsoft.public.money, MrEKJ wrote: >Now, another problem. I can no longer sign in with my hotmail and password >if "use Money's online features that require a passport" even though I am >signed on to MSN with that passport. I tried resetting the hotmail password &...

Add items from an external application to RMS transaction grid
Is there a way to add items from an external application to MS RMS transaction grid? I want to add items using windows application or web application to RMS transaction grid. Kindly help how to add from an external application. Thanks for help in advance. You would need an Add-in for RMS to make this happen. If you are yourself not sure how to make this happen, I would consult with your RMS partner, or any of the other partners on this forum, including my company, that specialize in creating customization for RMS. If you are interested in getting an estimate for this work please f...

Drop Down List #4
I am trying to insert a drop down list in one worksheet. I have a list of names on worksheet 2 that I would like to drop down. The directions from Help are hard to follow and there seem to be missing steps. HELP See Debra Dalgleish's website for good instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Particularly, the "Name the List Range" section Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Kerry Anne" wrote: > I am trying to insert a drop down list in one worksheet. I have a list of > names on worksheet 2 that I would like to dr...

Can't open files
Hello -- I'm sure this isn't the proper place to post my problem, but thought I'd start here anyways. Let me start off by saying that I'm extremely computer-stupid, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, and yahoo email. For some reason, I'm unable to open attachments that have been sent to me, and saved to my computer. PLEASE HLP!! These are important documents that I really need to access. Thanks for your help -- It's not very informative to say you are not able to open attachments. What happens when you try? Is ther...

multiple email domain hosting
Is it possible with Exchange 2003 to host multiple email domains in addition to the Active directory integrated domain of the entreprise. To make that server a mail server for other company in pop3 only. I know in Exchange 5.5 it was possible but i did not find anything for routing domains in Exchange 2003 Can exchange 2003 host multiple other email domain without them being in the active directory ? Thanks Yes it can be done, Just make sure you have the DNS MX records pointing to your server/s, then either create a new recipient policy, or modify the default recipient policy. So ...

why I can not definition a variable in My Dll.
It's a dll support MFC INT __stdcall RemoterPrint() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) int kkkkkkkk=0; INT booklet1 = 1; INT Pages1 = 0; INT m_FileID = ::InitUMFFile(szFilePathName);//Insert Breakpoint; ........... } I found the value is as follows kkkkkkkk 18072928 booklet1 -858993460 Pages1 -858993460 why ???? I am really puzzled. I added someting in stdafx.h #include <queue> #include<stack> using namespace std; "zhang" <makefriend8@163.com> д����Ϣ����:u1SbT%23FbHHA.4656@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > It's a dll support MFC ...

outlook contact list
When i try and access my contact list, it says there are no items to be displayed. Same with the public folder employee contact list that everyone has access to. ...

SQL 2005 Express
The New SQL Server Management Studio Express (that comes with SQL 2005 Express) is excellent and a huge improvement over MSDE tools we've had to use in the past. However, the lack of an import tool (SQL Server Integration Services) limits our capabilities with larger RMS customers who need, for example, to update thousands of item costs throughout the year. SSIS Express or at least an Import feature would help us create a 'dynamic' (yes, I said it) solution for our customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestio...

How can I change order of pages in a fold brochure in publisher
When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to print are you checking current page or typing the page number? What version Publisher are you using? "JudieM" wrote: > When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page > preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to prin...

Ctrl that can have focus, and paint
Hi, Could anyone suggest to me a suitable control for use on a dialog that can get focus, recieve all of the keyclicks (including up / down etc), but also support full custom painting? I tried a CEdit but typing overrides my painting. - Mark R That's a loaded question. But you can inherit from CWnd, or you can even inherit from CStatic if you wanted. You will have to catch the WM_CHAR for some keys, and WM_KEYDOWN for others like the arrows. AliR. "Mark Randall" <markyr@REMOVETHISgoogle.ANDTHIScom> wrote in message news:uZtdckNGFHA.4004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

how can i write arabic in Excel?
I already installed MS Office and i can write arabic in the word but when i try to use the excel, i can't write arabic, so please can you tell me what is the proplem and how i can solve it. I write arabic in excel done, have you already activate your win2000 or higher for the regional options> language > .... and you can add the arabic language for this option -- hni ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hni's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Can you have both Office 2004 and Office 2008 on your computer?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I was wondering before I install Office 2008 if I can keep Office 2008 on my computer as well. I know you can do this with the windows versions (office 2003 and office 2007). On 3/28/08 11:51 00AM, in article ee967d0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mlejay@officeformac.com" <mlejay@officeformac.com> wrote: > > I was wondering before I install Office 2008 if I can keep Office 2008 on my > computer as well. I know you can do this with the windows versions (office > 2003 and office 2007). I'm s...

Exchange 2003 can't connect to SMTP on internal IP address
We have Exchange 2003 server no service packs. This has 2 IP addresses used for SMTP. We were looking to lockdown our Exchange server to only allow mail from our email provider. After setting this up we thought it would be better to do this at the firewall level, so we undid the changes we made. The changes were as follows: Created a global accept list Created a global deny list Created connection filter to an SMTP virtual server No reboot took place during this. When undoing the change we removed the IP list before the virtual SMTP server. This may have caused the problems out...