Can anyone do quick test please?

Is there anyone out there with Outlook 2000 that can tell
me if, when they save any received attachment, does the
saved file get a modified and created time that is
different from your PC's clock time?  On two PC's I've
tried this (one with Windows XP Pro, one with 98SE), they
have the system Date/Time Properties Time Zone set to
GMT+08:00, and Outlook 2000's Tools | Options |
Preferences | Calendar Options | Time Zone is also set to
GMT+8:00.  When an attachment is saved, it gets modified
and created times 8 hours ahead of the Current System Time
(CST).  Saving attachments in Outlook 97 and Outlook 98
works normally - the times match the CST. I wonder what
happens in Outlook 2001, 2002, 2003, etc.? - anyone like
to test & let me know please?
Thanks,
Peter
0
anonymous (74722)

Under certain circumstances, attachments are saved to the hard drive and
dated the time they were received, not saved. It's based on the age of the
message. I haven't checked in 2003, but it's present in all earlier versions
and I expect is also in 2003. Otherwise, I've never seen a problem where it
was off a set # of hours

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyone out there with Outlook 2000 that can tell
> me if, when they save any received attachment, does the
> saved file get a modified and created time that is
> different from your PC's clock time?  On two PC's I've
> tried this (one with Windows XP Pro, one with 98SE), they
> have the system Date/Time Properties Time Zone set to
> GMT+08:00, and Outlook 2000's Tools | Options |
> Preferences | Calendar Options | Time Zone is also set to
> GMT+8:00.  When an attachment is saved, it gets modified
> and created times 8 hours ahead of the Current System Time
> (CST).  Saving attachments in Outlook 97 and Outlook 98
> works normally - the times match the CST. I wonder what
> happens in Outlook 2001, 2002, 2003, etc.? - anyone like
> to test & let me know please?
> Thanks,
> Peter

0
dianenws (1904)
9/16/2004 1:28:23 AM
Hi Diane,

Thanks for your reply.  I tried to send you and email
about this - did you receive it please?
Regards,
Peter

Guide)
>Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual
QuickStart Guide)

>Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:
http://www.slipstick.com
tips.net/

>Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in
the
>Slipstick Ratings Raffle at
http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

>"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Is there anyone out there with Outlook 2000 that can
tell
>> me if, when they save any received attachment, does the
>> saved file get a modified and created time that is
>> different from your PC's clock time?  On two PC's I've
>> tried this (one with Windows XP Pro, one with 98SE),
they
>> have the system Date/Time Properties Time Zone set to
>> GMT+08:00, and Outlook 2000's Tools | Options |
>> Preferences | Calendar Options | Time Zone is also set
>> GMT+8:00.  When an attachment is saved, it gets modified
>> and created times 8 hours ahead of the Current System
Time
>> (CST).  Saving attachments in Outlook 97 and Outlook 98
>> works normally - the times match the CST. I wonder what
>> happens in Outlook 2001, 2002, 2003, etc.? - anyone like
>> to test & let me know please?
>> Thanks,
>> Peter
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

The host 'mail.cifode.ca' could not be found. Please verify that .
The host 'mail.cifode.ca' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.cifode.ca', Server: 'mail.cifode.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, fifi asked: | The host 'mail.ci...

Please help. Thanks!
I have a worksheet named =93Sheet16=94 and I have several data in column B. I want to create a macro that will enable me to pop up a message that will indicate which of the numbers in column B are not colored in Red. Basically, there is a list of numbers in column B all colored in red, I want to be able to create a macro that will indicate which ones are not colored in red by popping up a message box that tells me, when the macro is clicked. I hope you get what I=92m trying to do. Thanks! First you need to confirm the color. There can be several shades of red. Run this little macro first ...

Help: Restoring Exchange Server to New Server in Test Lab.
Hello's What is the best method of rebuilding/replicating a production Exchange environment in a test lab? Here is what i have done, and it is not working. I added a new domain controller to the production network. Waited all weekend for replication to complete. Moved the DC to the test lab, where i made it a GC, seized all FSMO roles. (I got rid of this DC in production as well.). I run DCDIAG, & NETDIAG and i get no errors on my test lab DC. I then run NTBACKUP and backed up all my production storage groups. I installed Exchange in the Test LAb using the Disaster Recovery switch...

Test your eyes in one minute
Test your eyes in one minute, click on the link at the bottom http://world-cap-2010.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-post.html "mathu" <wacap1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3f8bbbc1-ff73-476e-a149-7646f7f26b18@d12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > Test your eyes in one minute, click on the link at the bottom > > > > http://world-cap-2010.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-post.html ...

How I can get a missing file "SHLWAPI.dll"
I have dawn loaded the new explorer 8 at the installation a flag appers to tel me that the instalation can't be completed for the reason that the file SHLWAPI.dll was missing. What can I do?. Johnang, You need to repost your issue here... (and you probably want to mention which version of Windows you're on.) http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads This forum is for Microsoft Access a database software. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremo...

Can't insert excel chart
Hi: I don't know if this is the right newsgroup but here goes ... When I go to insert a chart through insert object in word the dialog box is completely empty. I've tried reinstalling word, office, and still no luck. I've installed all the componenets of word. Any ideas? Thanks. Wayne ...

Can't recieve emails for last 2 days
Hello I have had this same email account for years. Suddenly it isn't downloading emails. I hit send/recieve button and it acts like it is checking. A window pops up -It says recieving-then before it actually gets them it disconnects and there is nothing new since the 3rd of May. Any ideas? I haven't done anything new as far as I remeber. I have cable TV highspeed. I'll check back this thread. Thanks http://www.winvistatips.com/not-receiving-email-t45130.html "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B37AAB73-6393-482E-...

Can I download Active X for Office 2000? How?
I am still using Microsoft Windows 98. Also use Microsoft Office 2000. Doing a tutorial which offers access to a practice worksheet but I need to download Active x. Unable to do so. I established office.microsoft.com as a trusted site but when I clicked to download Active x nothing happened. Any suggestions? Thanks, Karen Hi Still, try google...is a thousands of sites to download it regards "StillHanginWith98" escreveu: > I am still using Microsoft Windows 98. Also use Microsoft Office 2000. Doing > a tutorial which offers access to a practice worksheet but I need ...

Can RMS be customzied to accept customer 'trade in' merchandise?
Client runs an antique store. Can Dynamics RMS Accept an item in on trade and provide a credit to the store for the value of the item, then either cash or a credit (via a gift card) to the customer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsof...

Please Help!!! Error Connecting POS to MS Office Accounting
I have just installed MS POS 2.0 on my machine which will serve as my register. I have MS Office Accounting 2007 installed on another computer. I am now trying to integrate the two together and am receiving the error message "Could Not Connect To Office Accounting 2007". I have set Accounting up for multi-user and I have run the Office Accounting Integration on the Office Accounting computer. I've set the password (and double-checked it). I can browse to the file in POS. POS properly displays the computer name and the company name. I click 'Next' and get the prompt...

Excel Workbook- Can't open file once any changes are made
Hello everyone- I am running Windows XP with Excel 2002 (verison 10.6501.6626 with SP3 and I just completed developing a fairly large Excel workbook wit numerous worksheets and macros. If I send the file to a handful o other people, they are all able to open the workbook and make change with out getting any problems (They can change the file name itself o make changes to the cells within the workbook). Here's my problem: On my computer I can open the base version of th workbook without getting any error messages. However, if I make an changes (no matter how simple, like changing text...

Query help please 04-08-10
I have two combo boxes. Location and Super1 The location box lets you select a location where a staff member is working at.For example U3 B-days. The Super1 box lets you select their supervisor who works U3 B-days. As it stands right now it will work. The problem is that it will show all Supervisors through out the whole place. I found a way where I can select from the Location box where it will pull up just the supervisors for that location in the Super1 box. That works so far so good. Now, where the problem comes in is when the staff member is a supervisor. For example: Staf...

test
Test of the News -- Elvira Mi Photo Gallery http://www.personal.able.es/ensoriano ...

can't send or get emails.
Hi, I had a family member use my computer and know can't get emails sent or receive. Here's the info it says. Can someone help me to see what to reset, etc? thank you SOOO much. PS it also says my draft, sent, inbox, outbox, etc for same mesage. Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (reneeandjerry) account. Your 'Drafts' folder was not polled for its unread count. Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may occur if you have left the connection idle for too long. ...

can not send emails I have tried what it is recommended by this fo
The message that I received is the following: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'conexion de movistar probando', Account: 'Correo Abraham', Server: 'ssmtp.movistar.net.ve', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have tried the next but unfortunately It still doesnot work: 1.-mail account -->servers-->log on using Secure Password Authentication (ACTIVATED or not = It does not work). 2.-mail account -->servers-->outgoing mail server-->my server requires authentication--&g...

Text alignment Can I change default
ExcelXP defaults the vertical alignment to 'bottom'. Can this default be changed to 'center' ? Donf You could create a template workbook and set it up so that each sheet has the alignment you want. Then save it in your XLStart folder as book.xlt. Whenever you start a new workbook (based on this template), you'll have the setting you want. If you create a new workbook (with a single worksheet) with the same settings, and save that in XLStart, then each worksheet you add to an existing workbook will be like you want Don wrote: > > ExcelXP defaults the vertical...

Really getting desperate... help required, please !
Hi, I'm trying to do something very simple in access 2007. I have a query that generates a table with 4 columns as follows: Program Project Size Status PGM1 PROJ1 Small Green PGM1 PROJ2 Medium Green PGM1 PROJ3 Medium Yellow PGM2 PROJ4 Large Green PGM2 PROJ5 Small Green PGM2 PROJ6 Medium Yellow PGM2 PROJ7 Small Red PGM2 PROJ8 Large Green PGM3 PROJ9 Medium Yellow PGM3 PROJ10 Small Yellow PGM3 PROJ11 Large Green PGM3 PROJ12 Large Red PGM3 PROJ13 Large Green I turn this query into a pivot chart where I create a view that shows a barchart indicating the status by project size. I customize t...

test #44

Can not retire Server
We have an old windows 2000 server that we would like to turn off. But when we do turn it off applications that never existed on that server begin to function slowly. When I do a netstat I see microsoft-ds SYN_SEND to the server that is off. How can I make it so I can turn this server off. Run an ipconfig /all on one of the servers that have problems when you turn the Win 2k server off. Note the DNS server IP address. Is it the IP address of the Win 2k server that you turned off? If so you will need to supply another DNS server for the clients in your domain to use instead if ...

Just a quick question
I want to be able to average a range of cells, some of these cells are 0, and those are the ones I don't to include in on the calculation. Brian, If your data is in "B5:D14"... =SUM(B5:D14)/COUNTIF(B5:D14,">0") Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Brian Shafer" <brian.shafer123@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:u5UCb.386665$275.1243012@attbi_s53... > I want to be able to average a range of cells, some of these cells are 0, > and those are the ones I don't to include in on the calculation. > > Brian, If your range actually...

::: More than 8 seconds on space bar = Cursor blocked ! Please HELP !
Hello, I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. How can I go back to a normal situation ? And free my cursor! Many thanks in advance for your help. Jacques try touching the f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178563983.482171.224070@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is > blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. > > How can I go back to a no...

SOP Quick Print
We cannot print more than one copy of the Packing Slip with SOP Quick Print. In Quick Print setup, we have the Destination set to Printer. We want 2 copies of the Order and 2 copies of the Packing Slip. We get the 2 copies of the order but, for some reason, only 1 copy of the Packing Slip prints. We can get multiple copies of every document EXCEPT the packing slip. Even if we print JUST the packcing slip, it still won't print more than one copy. Any ideas? "Elaine" wrote: > We cannot print more than one copy of the Packing Slip with SOP Quick Print. > In Q...

can't send email
Server SMTP.att.yahoo.com Protocal.SMTP Server response 421 Service not available Closing transmission Port 465 Secure SSL Yes Server error 421 Error# 0X800ccc0F This is a duplicate of your earlier post in the thread "Windows mail = will not send..errors". Please don't post the same issue in multiple threads. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Remer" <Remer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:25A2F60A-0F23-4611-8D64-53507166CB1C@microsoft.com... > Serv...

test #11
please use the test groups "h" <h@ms.com> wrote in message news:Oq5QWRPRFHA.2384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > ...

Can MSCRM 4 handle millions of records (Product)?
Hi, We are in the middle of evaluating MSCRM 4 for a hypermarket. The objective is to load all the warehouse inventory into the Product entity, which are having approximately 6~7 millions of products (including sellable parts and etc.). This information will be available to the VIP card holders (Contact), as well as building royalty progammes and campaign management. Some selected Products will be available for ordering via a Portal (custom build), and the information will be updated to MSCRM as well. So, we need to know that whether MSCRM is a feasible solution for this kind of requi...