Call Contact - Outside Line Dialing Rule

Hi There

I am having problems with Outlook 2003's Call contact feature.

I want to use a normal analog modem at work to dial numbers of contact
for me. I am then supposed to pick-up the handset and start talking.
Technically everything is working fine ....

Except. We are using a PABX system and we need to dial "0" for any
outside line.

The problem ... Even tho my dialing rules are set to dial "0" for an
outside line and any Dialup Connection does this correctly, Outlook
seems to ignor the rule and dials the number without the "0". I do not
want to update all my contacts to have an extra "0" at the beginning as
this will propagate to my phone and then that will stop working.

How can I make Outlook adhere to the dialing rules. I have checked
everything. "Phone and Modem Options", "Dialing Options", Dialing
Properties". The only odd thing I found is the "Automatically add
Country code to local phone numbers" box in "Dialing Options" is
unticked and grayed out.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Outlook 2003 : show different calendars together / share contacts
Hi! I'm part of several organisations and for each one, I have a different personal folder. In each one I also have a list of contacts and a calendar. Now what I'd like to be able to do is: - Show the events from different calendars TOGETHER, that is in ONLY one calendar page, rather than all calendars side-to-side. Indeed when I need to setup a meeting with one, I need to make sure that it doesn't clash with events from other organisations. Checking every single one calendar separately is a pain. I would want to see all the events put together in one calendar. Is it possib...

How to find all UDF calls in all workbooks
I've decided to make a few "improvements" to some of the UDFs in my personal add-in module. Now I need to find all of the calls to those UDFs in all of my workbooks, because the syntax has changed some. Is there an easy way to find them other than opening each one? I vaguely recall dealing with this before, but I can't remember if it was code or an add in. I think this will do it for you: http://www.asap-utilities.com/download-asap-utilities.php NYC public library is closing and they're ushering me out, so I can't test it now, but give it a whirl and s...

Saving emails and contacts
how can i save my emails and contacts to cd as a backup? how can i also save all the settings of outlook to cd? thanks Basically copy the *.pst file/s See here http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm#pst David "josh" <jpinsler@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:02fa01c36b3e$30bfdad0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > how can i save my emails and contacts to cd as a backup? > how can i also save all the settings of outlook to cd? > > thanks ...

hp920c printer prints only the top half of any most lines of text

Custom contact entities
Hi, I just started using CRM 3.0 and I would like to extend the Account entity by adding another contact lookup field. For each account I would like to have a main contact, a technical contact and then some. I've tried creating custom entities and I've gotten them to a form as a lookup but how can I have them lookup from the contacts? If someone knows of a tutorial for this case it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Valdimar Creating mutliple relationships between any 2 entities is not supported in v3.0. This is how the lookups are created. -- Matt Parks MVP - Mi...

Can't see contact photo in the email header
I used to see my contact's photo (which I stored in the contact list) in the email header. I made some changes but I don't know how to bring it back. Help? Thanks! I forgot to add that this should happen only when I recieve an email from one of my contacts. "Mohamed" wrote: > I used to see my contact's photo (which I stored in the contact list) in the > email header. I made some changes but I don't know how to bring it back. > > Help? > > Thanks! Did you remove the photo from that persons contact? -- Diane Poremsky ...

How to insert a "Target" line into basic bar chart
Am looking for some info on how to insert a "Target" line into a bar chart. I have a basic chart and would like to put on top of the data a line from left to right which is the target, the bar data would indicate whether this was acheived or not. Am running office 2007. Any help appreciated. thanks From Jon Peltier's site Add a Horizontal Line to a Column or Line Chart: Error Bar Method. Double click on the resulting error bar, and on the Patterns tab, select a color and line style for the horizontal line. Here I've chosen a solid red line. ... peltiertech.com/Excel/C...

Can I set a rule for AutoForwarded messages?
The head in my office sends mails I don't want. Specifically, it seems like he has set AutoForward to some sorts of news letters from various sites. I'm currently using Outlook 2010 and in the header it says "This message was AutoForwarded." Of course he sometimes sends mails I need to read so I can't block all of his mails or his mails that start with "FW:". Is there any way I can set a rule for AutoForwarded messages? I'd like to move them to Junk E-mail folder. No, there is no rule for this. Why not simply ask him to remove your address from h...

Primary Contact
Is there any way to determine who is the Primary Contact by viewing info at the contact level? I want to build a query to give me all the Contacts that are primary contacts. But since I need other Conact info, I'm trying to build the query at the contact level using Advanced Find (or I can use c360 Query Mangaer) in v1.2. At the Account level, the Primary Contact is populated by a lookup. But how to I find who is primary when viewing a contact? Jim the primary is only shown from an account so if you are simply looking at a contact you can only see it is linked to an account but ...

RE: in Rules
Hi All, yesterday I discovered the power of rules. I wish to know how to get e-mails from lists to be in the same group. At the moment, I've set rules to place e-mails with certain text, [listsubject], for example in the subject to a certain folder and then I've grouped by subject, which is great, but, the original and the replies a grouped differently, due to the extra, re:, in the subject. Can I filter this to allow the original e-mail and the replies to be grouped together..? Hope this makes sense, cheers. Mark Sargent. ...

can't receive incoming mail on 2003 exchange server from outside of organization
I have a 2003 Win server running 2003 exchange server. I can send and receive mail for internal users, but can only send mail to external sources. Can't receive mail from outside of organization. Can anyone help? Public DNS MX records set up properly? Check it out at www.dnsreport.com . Recipient policy set up to handle mail for your domain, with all mailboxes getting 'stamped' with the right e-mail addresses on the domain? Firewall have port 25 open, and if you run NAT, have you forwarded port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server? eloise wrote: > I have a 2...

Public folder rule to forward to subfolder
Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to forward incoming mails to a mail enabled public folder to a other public folder that is not mail enabled (e.g forward to folder ID etc ) ? Thanks BR, Malte On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:40:00 -0800, Malte <Malte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >does anyone know if there is a way to forward incoming mails to a mail >enabled public folder to a other public folder that is not mail enabled (e.g >forward to folder ID etc ) ? > >Thanks >BR, >Malte Since its not mail-enabled, I dont think you can. WHy not simply m...

Rules and adresses...
Hi U all! :-) I wonder, is there a set of rules in Outlook 2003 that makes it posible to filter out e-mail adresses where the return-path: adress is different from that of the from: adress or on the contrary equal to each other? -- regards Zadig Galbaras A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic - No, Outlook has no such rule condnition. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Zadig Galbaras" <zadig@xi.no> wrote in message news:c...

Help: How to make the line changes default
I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default for a style? I want to use a thick red line to underline passages and keep it that way always. Thanks, s Don't have the beta here right now but I think you can set the line and then right click > set line default -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "sam" wrote: > I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default > for a style? I want to use a thick red line t...

Adding other contact folders to address book, as it were?
I have several contacts folders (5 to be exact). I have them because I use these to import/export to to other email clients, or to files and I need these addresses to all be separate from one another. I just recently needed to actually use a third set of addresses. My address book accesses a personal address book and the main contacts folder when I'm addressing an email. A third one needs to be made accessible. How do I add that in? I went to TOOLS > SERVICES thinking that it might be through there, but I'm either doing something wrong, or that is not where I can do this. Is ...

QTY Shipped in Purchasing Line Receipts Table
Does anyone know why the quantity fields in this table have a "currency" storage type in table POP10500? The field type in the SQL table is numeric. I want to do a Smart List showing receipt transactions and the data comes out in currency format in my list. Can this be changed in the database or is there some obscure reason why it's coded this way? If so, where would it be changed? Thanks, Frank Hamelly NOVA Solutions LLC It is a currency field for 2 reasons: 1. It provides QTY's greater than 2.1 billion (limit for long integer). Probably not a real good reason as I&...

To-> box shows semicolon but no contact email address
When trying to send an email, I click "New", then, to get email address I click "To" which gives me the Select Names box. If I double-click the name I want (or highlight it and click "To") the email address doesn't appear....only a semicolon???? Can anyone help? Did you import these Contacts? If so, how and from what source? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "blakeney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cb901c3be86$d1897ed0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to send an email, I click "New", then, t...

need to add colored horizontal line on chart to show cutoff level
I would like to add a colored horizintal line to my line chart to show a certain level that the data points should stay above. Coach - Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "CoachZ" <CoachZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:892C2A3A-0569-45A6-84FF-67A08A2C29DD@microsoft.com... >I would like to add a colored horizintal line to my line chart to show a > certain level that the data points should...

Is there an easy way to convert a contact an account?
I just stated configuring CRM 1.2. I imported my contacts from outlook. Many of the Outlook contacts are actually the information I want for an account including the company name, address, main phone number, corporate website and email address. I have been manually creating an account record, and cutting and pasting the address and other information from the most complete contact for the company. This seems to be something that I should be able to do by just pushing a button, or running an import? Bill Walter If you import them as leads, then you can convert them to accounts. Mike &quo...

Rule to forward e-mail but only between certain hours of the day
Is there anyway to get an Outlook rule in Exchange to forward e-mails received during certain hours of the day. E.g. only e-mails received at the weekend. Either using regular Exchange or with an add-in to Exchange. Ideally I would like the solution to forward only certain fields from the e-mail. Thanks. ...

Rules window doesn't display
When I go to Tools: Rules the rules wizard flashes and goes away. I cannot get it to display at all. This happens on 2 pc's and my laptop. Anyone have an idea of what is going on and how I can fix this? ...

recording phone calls
hi i would like to know does CRM record phone calls from customers or phone log is just a manual writen info, and there is no featuer to record the phone calls, cuz i want to check if my employees are responding well to customer needs -- Ammar S. Mitoori IT Head QIMCO Co. Tel : +9744831199 Mobile : +9745378400 Fax : +9744831643 hi, the phone activity record is manual task. if you want to do it automatically, integrate your CRM solution with any CTI/IP telephony product, such as CISCO or AVAYA. "Pure Heart" wrote: > hi > > i would like to know does CRM record phone...

Integrate Ericsson Call Center Client into Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi! the call center client application have API in COM Object (build in C++), all the call features and fucntion can call from the API, i have no idea's on how to integrate this com object into the CRM Client so that when have an incoming service call, the CRM client will pop up the call case window and the user also able to answer or hang up the call from the CRM client interface. i have study the CRM SDK but still can find the solution. Appriciate can give me some clues to start. Thanks! ...

RESTORE CONTACTS
How do I restore my 1500 contacts? They are on my hard drive somewhere but I don't know where to look If you are using Outlook: look for *.pst (this would include your mail items as well) For outlook express: *.wab "victoria@victoriapage.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10b0801c3f4d9$75b606d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I restore my 1500 contacts? They are on my hard > drive somewhere but I don't know where to look ...

Address Book empty; Entourage has contacts, though.
After I EXPORTED my Entourage Contacts into an Excel file, I spent 3 weeks cleaning them up (removing dups, adding addresses and email addresses). I them IMPORTED them back into Entourage. Once I examined them to ensure they imported properly, I deleted the old ones. Much to my surprise, when I clicked on the Address Book Icon, I have no contacts over there anymore, therefore, Mobile Me cannot get my Entourage updates to sync. I can, however, SEE all my contacts in the "Address Views" section, but I get an error message when I click on the Addressbook icon which has a ye...